Sign in to follow this  
gbnll

P3Dv4 Stuttering

Hi Guys,

I've been reading previous posts regarding issues with other peoples setups etc.  Now ever since I installed P3D v4 It started off ok but now we are on 4.1 I'm getting a lot more stutters etc and various CTDs.

I've tried lowering my settings but still they are still quite frequent.

I purchased this PC from a custom PC builder company a while ago now and it was made for FSX/P3D v3 which makes me think it's a little out of date now as it ran FSX and P3D v3 really well.

Here are my specs:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz 3.50GHz

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX960

Memory: AMD 8GB (2x4GB)

Motherboard: ASUS Z97-K

I am currently operating Windows 10 with 2 monitors but I only have P3Dv4 displayed on 1.

So my questions are is my system good enough to run P3Dv4 in your opinion, if no what should I change to try and make my sim smoother to fly with? If yes what can I do to improve the stuttering?

I look forward to hearing your replies...

Tom S.

First thing you need is to find what's causing the CTD's, check your event viewer and look for the CTD guide here at avsim.

After you solve that then the stutters

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Hi gbnll

My tuppenceworth

I run with a i53570 overclocked to 4.5GHz

16GB DDR3L-1866 UDIMM

GTX 970 4GB Graphics card

Motharboard Asus P8Z77-VLK

With P3Dv4.1 -let the P3D chose the settings ie use the Default settings 

I get no stutters and a good performance with a Orbyx sceneries 

I might up the Graphics Card to a 1070 and a CPU to i7-but no rush as am having some very satisfying flying-even with a PMDG plane-DC6 (don’t change the views too often and only done short flights so far!) 

Using Default Settigs was the key change

xxd09

As always, check to see if you have unwanted processes running in the background..

Open Windows Task Manager, Processes..

I recently had to remove Intuit Update, and Google CrashHandler... got rid of some stutters,  right there!

Bert

I have a thread as well, but basucally my i7 6700k 4.6ghz and 1080gtx it stutters but on turning. 

So I went so far as to do a clean windows partition vanilla p3d. I discovered once I added Utx (or any vector product) the stutters visible Mainly on hard turning so to speak, began. Lowering graphics and utx helped only slightly. This even at higher frame rates. 

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking: