Sign in to follow this  
bbwilliamson

Key Requests

I have been trying for a week to get a new key as outlined in the above topics, but nothing as yet.

Does anyone know if this Radar Contact  key generation is still operational or not ?

Brian W.

Brian, the process is automated if the correct procedure is used. What the instructions don’t mention is that you should use a plain format email, not one with fancy fonts or formatting.

If you continue to have problems contact Doug Thompson. His email is in several registration posts.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thank you Ray, I have done all that, but no luck. The only thing that I can think of, that it was a long time ago that I bought Radar Contact that I may have had a different Email address.

Regards.............Brian W.

Brian,

Are you saying Doug has refused to provide a key because you couldn’t supply the email address used for the order?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

No I have had no replies except from Doug Thompson which stated that it would only take 15 minutes to get a key from the original register@jdtllc.com provided the format was correct, which I have done twice, but no key as yet.

Regards...............Brian W.

2 hours ago, bbwilliamson said:

No I have had no replies except from Doug Thompson which stated that it would only take 15 minutes to get a key from the original register@jdtllc.com provided the format was correct, which I have done twice, but no key as yet.

Regards...............Brian W.

If you’re sending from a different email to the one you used to buy RC4 that does require manual intervention. Can’t you recall the email address you used? Explain to Doug. He will have access to the records.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Did what you suggested and contacted Doug. No explanation or query but straight back with the keys !

Looks as though the automated reply for keys is no longer working.

Regards...............Brian W

Glad you have your key. It would be odd if the automated service had been withdrawn but given neither Doug or John visit this forum who knows.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I'm getting increasingly cheesed off with the registration process.....I purchased and downloaded RCv4 from Digital River a few days ago.

I sent a correctly formatted e-mail to the automated service....nothing....an e-mail to help@jdtllc.com....nothing.

It's now been a few days now and no answer. Are they still in business or should I request a refund from Digital River?

@motorman, contact Doug Thompson. You’ll find his email address in several registration posts.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks Ray, I've e-mailed Doug, so lets see what happens,

If I might hazard a comment, it seems to me that it's the best add-on for flight simulator but the worst registration process. Surely there must be a better way of doing it without compromising security (and don't call me Shirley!)........

Regards

Rab.

Hi Rab,

The process does work but I think it’s very sensitive to formatting and spaces being in the right places in the wording. Not ideal I grant you but what is frustrating is the owners not providing support here.

Hope you get your key soon Shirley. :biggrin: please post back when you do so others know the support is still working.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray,

I was just thinking...it would be more than useful if the owners of RC4 would provide someone like your goodself with the algorithm necessary to produce a key (I'm guessing from name, e-mail and the number generated by the individual machine) as you respond so promptly.

It was just a thought (anyway, I'm glad you got the 'Airplane' reference!....)

Regards

Rab

Be sure the e-mail is sent in plain text mode, not formatted in html as later e-mail utilities are prone to do such as Outlook in later Windows versions.

Hi Ron,

I sent it exactly as formatted by the program via my e-mail client Thunderbird.

I also sent it to help@jdrllc.com to no avail....

Formatted as follows    1575091824 ! rab ! thorn.

Also sent from Chrome's built in e-mail. I know that's plain text.

Support seems rather poor from the owners. If I don't get a key within a couple of days, I think the only answer is to obtain a refund from Digital River (37 quid + VAT) by informing them that the request is due to zero support from the sellers. Which would be a shame as I've tried the program on friend's set ups, and it's outstanding, but I'm really getting fed up with whole registration fiasco.

Regards

Rab