Sign in to follow this  
bbwilliamson

Key Requests

2 hours ago, motorman said:

Hi Ray,

I was just thinking...it would be more than useful if the owners of RC4 would provide someone like your goodself with the algorithm necessary to produce a key (I'm guessing from name, e-mail and the number generated by the individual machine) as you respond so promptly.

It was just a thought (anyway, I'm glad you got the 'Airplane' reference!....)

Regards

Rab

Hi Rab,

They won’t because I have no way of verifying a customer has a valid licence. Only JD and Doug can do that. Fear not. No genuine customers have gone without a key. I’m sure you’ll hear from Doug soon.

Love Airplane, great film. :smile:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, motorman said:

Hi Ron,

I sent it exactly as formatted by the program via my e-mail client Thunderbird.

I also sent it to help@jdrllc.com to no avail....

Formatted as follows    1575091824 ! rab ! thorn

The address is help@jdtllc.com

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray,

Well the good news is I've heard from Doug with a long series of characters.

I'll try it tomorrow, it's nearly 2300hrs zulu & I'm off to bed now, early start tomorrow morning.

So, hopefully on Sunday, I'll be flying with RC4 assistance...........(What's our vector, Victor?)

Thanks for all your help, I'll keep you posted on how it goes. 

Regards

Rab

Excellent! I'm sure the key will work. Happy flying Captain Oveur! :biggrin:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Good afternoon, Ray,

Just come in from a pleasant day's train driving, fired up the computer, entered Doug's key into RC4 and low and behold it works. Did a quick flight from LEBL to LEPA, given perfect vectors for intercepting ILS and the critique said that it was a good job and that I'd put FISDO out of business (I presume this means FSDO).

What I was seeking an opinion on was the Meatwater (Nick Schreger) voice pack to replace the existing (Stevie) Winwood file in RC4. A lot of correspondents seem to rate this???

Any thoughts......over......huh.....Oveur.....what...

Cheers

Rab

Hi Rob,

You're best off talking to someone who has them. I'm more than happy with the originals.

You haven't met Bill Stevens yet? It won't be long. :biggrin:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ok, I think the originals are good, but people keep mentioning this replacement voice pack, it was just a thought.

Who's Bill Stevens??

Mysterious......

22 minutes ago, motorman said:

Ok, I think the originals are good, but people keep mentioning this replacement voice pack, it was just a thought.

Who's Bill Stevens??

Mysterious......

If I told you it would spoil things. Patience. :wink:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Bill Stevens is the local FAA Safety Administrator. If you do something dangerous stepping outside the rules you will get a lecture at the end of the flight with possibly asking you to hand over your license. It does not prevent you from using RC :)

Sounds scary....I'll have to make sure I don't bust my altitude too many times (if at all!).

On British railways we have safety administrators (called DSM's - Driver Standards Manager) and they sneak out with speed guns and try to catch us (for example) running through 50mph points at 70..tut.tut.(then you get a 'please explain') 

Ah yes, busting altitudes. That has caught out lots of people over the years. Probably the number 1 issue.

"I'm at twelve thousand feet so why am I getting told I'm not?"  Probably because you should be at FL120 with std pressure set. Not 12,000ft with QNH set. :biggrin:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I'm really getting into ATC procedures properly now, I've just uploaded the RCv4 pdf manual to a print shop to print a hard copy, all 290pp, I don't like reading pdf's on a screen.

One question (and I know we're going a bit off topic now, but) ...a taxi to holding point question.

At, for example, LMML (Malta - Luqa) if departing to the south, one has to enter the main N/S runway at a mid point and taxi on the active to a turn pad at the north end, ready to commence your take off run... does RC know this and give you permission to do so, because I'm guessing that if you just did this without authority there would be trouble?

Yes, RC4 can handle that. You have to position the aircraft quite close to the runway hold short point and GS should only be 2-3kts. If you're not close enough you won't get your clearance to LIAW.

You'll be cleared to line up and wait. Turn onto the runway and taxi to the end and then perform a 180. As your heading nears that of the runway you'll be given take-off clearance.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Goodmorning Ray.
I kindly ask your help because during all this week I've sent many (auto created) emails for the activation of RC, paying attention to the text format as written in the forum, with no result.
I've also written two days ago to help@jdtllc.com asking for assistance, but nobody answered me.
What should I do?

This is the request:

1323365723  ! Lorenzo  ! Bonomi

Thank you very mutch
Lorenzo

Hi Loremzo,

Please write to Doug Thompson. You'll find his email address in several registration posts. For whatever reason he won't login to AvSim to support the product. But he will sort you out with a key.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather