Sign in to follow this  
floydcox

Crash nearly every flight

I have a problem in that the program randomly crashes nearly every flight. Can someone give me any help. I am using Xplane 11.05 with a gtx 1060.

Are you running version 2.3.1.1 of Pilot2ATC?

Have you checked the CPU and memory usage during a flight to see if if might be a resource issue?

Yes I am using the 2.3.1.1 version, would I check cpu and memory usage using task manager? Great program by the way.

Yes, just me sure that Task Manager is not showing CPU or Memory usage peaking near 100% or steady above about 75-80%.

If that's not the problem, then on the next flight where you get a crash, send me the log file for that flight. 

Log files are located in:

C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs

where <UserName> is your PC user name

A new one is created each time you start Pilot2ATC, so if you take the most recent one when you have the error, you should have the correct one.

Dave

By default, the AppData folder is hidden. 

While in the <UserName> folder, you need to check the option in Windows explorer to View -> Hidden Items.

What is the best procedure when a crash occurs ?

I explain what i've just done during my last flight KLAX-KLAS : i request a departure for 06L (as filled in the FP) but ATC gives me 24R (although wind from East) . I don't want to follow the recommendation and i take-off from 06L : at this point, Pilot2ATC begins to be "angry" and decides to crash : no problem , life is full of chaos :) ... I relaunch P2A , refill the flight plan , try to find Center frequency in the panel without success, so i just say "my call sign at fligh level 220" and the ATC replied "Radar Contact" .Great !

But i think it's not the right procedure because afterwards, there was a spamming message telling something about SID and wrong Altitude , as if ATC did not understand my current state .

So , what is the best procedure to reconnect ATC with the flight plan when i am at my cruise altitude ? It would be great to have a constant recording of the flight allowing pilot2ATC to find automatically our position and our progress before the crash like every web browser .

Richard,

If you check the option in the FltPln tab of Config to "Force Pilot Runway Selection" then you will be given the departure runway specified in your SID.  Or if you don't have a SID in the Flt Plan, you will be given the runway you request in your Taxi request like "<CallSign> ready to taxi runway 35".

When P2A Crashes and you want to restart in flight, then your process was close.  Here are the steps:

1) Restart P2A and connect to the SIM

2) Load and File the flight plan you had before....or in this particular case, you should change the SID to match the one you are really flying so P2A can catch up to where you are. 

3) If you're on departure, you can contact Departure control.  Or if en-route, Center.  If no Center is listed, and there's no departure control, try contacting a nearby tower or Approach controller.  Then request a frequency change to Center. "<CallSign> request frequency change to Center"

4) Give the correct initial call.  "<CallSign> climbing to FL 320" or "<CallSign> at FL 320".

Dave

Just now, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Richard,

If you check the option in the FltPln tab of Config to "Force Pilot Runway Selection" then you will be given the departure runway specified in your SID. 

good point ! i've forgotten that , following the reading of this thread

i've unchecked "force pilot runway selection" for testing purpose .

2) SID ??? perhaps ... i don't remember if i was climbing and off course during the crash , but i think rather i was in  the middle of the flight near the waypoint DAG .

No matter ... the important thing you say is that it suffices to refill the FP and the flight tracking resumes .

3) et 4) : that is the magic ! The famous "radar contact !" after a SOS  makes Xplane so alive ! :))

But, thinking of my idea about recovering flight tracking after a crash, i will be cool to have a constant recording of the flight , so when we relaunch pilot2ATC after a crash (the sim on pause of course) , it reconnects itself with the precedent statut (like every web browser, reconnecting with your precedent pages) , with the copilot saying something humorous "Center i'm with you after a little problem in the cockpit" ; it would make the experience less frustrating , or even fun .

Yeah yeah ! i know Dave ... it's a bit of coding ^^ but Christmas holidays are not far ;)

Just had a crash, don't know if this log file helps.

Program StartedPilot 2 ATC (P2A) - version 2.3.1.1  11/19/2017 12:46:57
Application frmP2AMain starting 11/19/2017 12:47:49
Loading Form
Main form openned: Pilot2ATC 2016 v. 2.3.1.1 MFD      AIRAC cycle: 1712
Loading Map Control
LoadMapControl: panel 1
Creating ucMap1
ucMap1 Created
ucMap DockFill set.
Setting Map Mode
Done Loading Map Control
Loading FPL Control
FPL Control Loaded
 GPS FlightPlan Changed
 GPS FlightPlan Changed
 GPS FlightPlan Changed
FltPlan ActiveAPPR: ILS - RW24 - I24 -
FltPlan ActiveSTAR: RW24-REDF2R-REDFA -
 GPS FlightPlan Changed
ucFltPln ValidateCurrentFltPlan Started
 GPS FlightPlan Changed
ucFltPln ValidateCurrentFltPlan Done
SIM Version Num: 8; SIM Version: XP
SIM Rate Changed: 1
Pilot2ATC_200.exe Information 0 SAPI does not implement phonetic alphabet selection.
No controller assigned 13:16:40
Ctr ChatterFolder: B:\Pilot2ATC_200\Sounds\ATC_Chatter\Controllers\Ctr
ControllerFreqChanged: 133.07.  CtlrShrtName: LONDO Ctr CtlrType: Center13:16:40
Sim Connected: 11/19/2017 13:16:40
ATCAssignsSIDs: True
ATCAssignsSTARs: True
ATCAssignsAPPRs: True
ForcePilotRunwaySelection: True
AutoLoadRecommendedProcedures: True
AssignedSID: RW26L-DAGA1X-CLN -
AssignedRunway: RW26L -
 GPS FlightPlan Changed
No controller assigned 13:16:41
GetAdvisory 13:16:41
 ChatterFolder: B:\Pilot2ATC_200\Sounds\ATC_Chatter\Controllers\
ControllerFreqChanged: 136.52.  CtlrShrtName: EGKK ATIS CtlrType: ATIS13:16:49
No controller assigned 13:33:12
Gnd ChatterFolder: B:\Pilot2ATC_200\Sounds\ATC_Chatter\Controllers\Dep_Gnd
ControllerFreqChanged: 121.8.  CtlrShrtName: EGKK Gnd CtlrType: Ground13:33:12
Com1StandbyFreqChanged: 136.52.  CtlrShrtName: None Found;  CtlrType: None Found13:33:13
InterruptAudio in SayItSpeak- Phrase: Cox One Two Three ready to Copy 11/19/2017 13:33:17
AudioInterrupts: 1 WaveOutPlayer Paused: 13:33:17
Recognized Speech: Cox One Two Three Ready to Copy 13:33:20
SpokenRandomSalutation 13:33:20
ControllerChanging: False : 11/19/2017 13:33:20
UnInterruptAudio in OnSayItSpeakCompleted 11/19/2017 13:33:20
InterruptAudio in SayPhrase Cox One Two Three Contact Clearance Delivery on One Two One Point Niner Five,  enjoy  11/19/2017 13:33:21
AudioInterrupts: 1 WaveOutPlayer Paused: 13:33:21
ATC Speak:  Cox One Two Three Contact Clearance Delivery on One Two One Point Niner Five,  enjoy 13:33:21
Sug Resp:  ~Contact Clearance Delivery on One Two One Point Niner Five 13:33:21
OnSynthSpeakCompleted 11/19/2017 13:33:28
UnInterruptAudio in OnTTSWavePlaybackStopped SugRes:~Contact Clearance Delivery on One Two One Point Niner Five  Cox One Two Three
 11/19/2017 13:33:28
InterruptAudio in SayItSpeak- Phrase: ~Contact Clearance Delivery on One Two One Point Niner Five  Cox One Two Three
 11/19/2017 13:33:28
AudioInterrupts: 1 WaveOutPlayer Paused: 13:33:28
Recognized Speech: Contact Clearance Delivery on One Two One Point Niner Five Cox One Two Three 13:33:34
HandleFrequencyReadback 13:33:34
UnInterruptAudio in OnSayItSpeakCompleted 11/19/2017 13:33:34
AssignedController: 121.95.  CtlrShrtName: EGKK ClrDel CtlrType: ClearanceDelivery13:33:36
Clr ChatterFolder: B:\Pilot2ATC_200\Sounds\ATC_Chatter\Controllers\Clr
ControllerFreqChanged: 121.95.  CtlrShrtName: EGKK ClrDel CtlrType: ClearanceDelivery13:33:36
InterruptAudio in SayItSpeak- Phrase: Cox One Two Three ready to Copy 11/19/2017 13:33:49
AudioInterrupts: 1 WaveOutPlayer Paused: 13:33:49
Recognized Speech: Cox One Two Three Ready to Copy 13:33:52
HandleIFRClearanceRequest 13:33:52
ControllerChanging: False : 11/19/2017 13:33:52
UnInterruptAudio in OnSayItSpeakCompleted 11/19/2017 13:33:52
InterruptAudio in SayPhrase Cox One Two Three we don't have a Flight Plan on file for you.  11/19/2017 13:33:56
ATC Speak:  Cox One Two Three we don't have a Flight Plan on file for you. 13:33:56
Sug Resp:  File your flight plan and try again.13:33:56
OnSynthSpeakCompleted 11/19/2017 13:34:00
UnInterruptAudio in OnTTSWavePlaybackStopped SugRes: 11/19/2017 13:34:00
Begin FPLFile 11/19/2017 13:34:04
AssignedSID: RW26L-DAGA1X-CLN -
AssignedRunway: RW26L -
FltPlan ActiveSID: RW26L-DAGA1X-CLN -
FltPlan ActiveAPPR: ILS - RW24 - I24 -
FP.FileFLtPlan executed.
ATCFltPlan set to Filed FPL
NewActiveWpt: KKS06
ATC UserNamesAdded
 GPS FlightPlan Changed
Filed Route: EGKK EHRD
Filed SID: DAGA1X
RW26L
Filed STAR: REDF2R
RW24
Filed APPR:
Filed APPR Trans:
End FPLFile 11/19/2017 13:34:23
InterruptAudio in SayItSpeak- Phrase: Cox One Two Three ready to Copy 11/19/2017 13:34:31
AudioInterrupts: 1 WaveOutPlayer Paused: 13:34:31
Recognized Speech: Cox One Two Three Ready to Copy 13:34:34
HandleIFRClearanceRequest 13:34:34
gATCAssignsSIDs = True
SpokenAssignedAltitude 13:34:34
SpokenAssignedAltitude 13:34:34
State Changed to: FlightPlanDelivered 13:34
UnInterruptAudio in OnSayItSpeakCompleted 11/19/2017 13:34:35
InterruptAudio in SayPhrase Cox One Two Three is cleared to Echo Hotel Romeo Delta, climb via the DAGA1X departure , with the CLN transition , then direct to Romeo Echo Delta Foxtrot Alpha then as filed.  Expect departure runway Two Six Left.   Maintain Flight Level Zero Seven Zero.  Squawk Six Five Four Six 11/19/2017 13:34:36
AudioInterrupts: 1 WaveOutPlayer Paused: 13:34:36
ATC Speak:  Cox One Two Three is cleared to Echo Hotel Romeo Delta, climb via the DAGA1X departure , with the CLN transition , then direct to Romeo Echo Delta Foxtrot Alpha then as filed.  Expect departure runway Two Six Left.   Maintain Flight Level Zero Seven Zero.  Squawk Six Five Four Six13:34:38
Sug Resp:  ~Cox One Two Three is cleared to Echo Hotel Romeo Delta, climb via the DAGA1X departure , with the CLN transition , then direct to Romeo Echo Delta Foxtrot Alpha then as filed.   Maintain Flight Level Zero Seven Zero.  Squawk Six Five Four Six13:34:38
OnSynthSpeakCompleted 11/19/2017 13:35:00
UnInterruptAudio in OnTTSWavePlaybackStopped SugRes:~Cox One Two Three is cleared to Echo Hotel Romeo Delta, climb via the DAGA1X departure , with the CLN transition , then direct to Romeo Echo Delta Foxtrot Alpha then as filed.   Maintain Flight Level Zero Seven Zero.  Squawk Six Five Four Six
 11/19/2017 13:35:00
InterruptAudio in SayItSpeak- Phrase: ~Cox One Two Three is cleared to Echo Hotel Romeo Delta, climb via the DAGA1X departure , with the CLN transition , then direct to Romeo Echo Delta Foxtrot Alpha then as filed.   Maintain Flight Level Zero Seven Zero.  Squawk Six Five Four Six
 11/19/2017 13:35:00
AudioInterrupts: 1 WaveOutPlayer Paused: 13:35:00
Recognized Speech: Cox One Two Three is cleared to Echo Hotel Romeo Delta climb via the DAGA1X departure with the CLN transition then direct to Romeo Echo Delta Foxtrot Alpha then as filed Maintain Flight Level Zero Seven Zero Squawk Six Five Four Six 13:35:21
HandleIFRClearanceReadback 13:35:21
HandleATCAssignedAltitudeReadback 13:35:21
HandleSquawkCodeReadback 13:35:21
IFRReadbackSuccess 13:35:21
SpeakAltimeterSetting 13:35:21
SpeakAltimeterSetting 13:35:21
SpokenRandomSalutation 13:35:21
UnInterruptAudio in OnSayItSpeakCompleted 11/19/2017 13:35:21
InterruptAudio in SayPhrase Cox One Two Three Readback Correct.  Altimeter Three Zero Two Four Contact Ground on One Two One Point Eight when ready to taxi.  enjoy your afternoon  11/19/2017 13:35:21
AudioInterrupts: 1 WaveOutPlayer Paused: 13:35:21
ATC Speak:  Cox One Two Three Readback Correct.  Altimeter Three Zero Two Four Contact Ground on One Two One Point Eight when ready to taxi.  enjoy your afternoon 13:35:22
Sug Resp:  ~ Altimeter Three Zero Two Four Ground on One Two One Point Eight13:35:22
OnSynthSpeakCompleted 11/19/2017 13:35:33
UnInterruptAudio in OnTTSWavePlaybackStopped SugRes:~ Altimeter Three Zero Two Four Ground on One Two One Point Eight Cox One Two Three
 11/19/2017 13:35:33
InterruptAudio in SayItSpeak- Phrase: ~ Altimeter Three Zero Two Four Ground on One Two One Point Eight Cox One Two Three
 11/19/2017 13:35:33
AudioInterrupts: 1 WaveOutPlayer Paused: 13:35:33
Recognized Speech: Altimeter Three Zero Two Four Ground on One Two One Point Eight Cox One Two Three 13:35:39
HandleAltimeterReadback 13:35:39
HandleFrequencyReadback 13:35:39
UnInterruptAudio in OnSayItSpeakCompleted 11/19/2017 13:35:39
AssignedController: 121.8.  CtlrShrtName: EGKK Gnd CtlrType: Ground13:35:40
Gnd ChatterFolder: B:\Pilot2ATC_200\Sounds\ATC_Chatter\Controllers\Dep_Gnd
ControllerFreqChanged: 121.8.  CtlrShrtName: EGKK Gnd CtlrType: Ground13:35:40

Unfortunately the log files don't always have information about errors, especially when the program crashes.  If you get an error message, it is most helpful to get the detail from the error message.

The next update will have a bit more useful information in the event of a crash....hopefully.

Thanks,

Dave

On 11/13/2017 at 9:56 PM, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

By default, the AppData folder is hidden. 

While in the <UserName> folder, you need to check the option in Windows explorer to View -> Hidden Items.

Bingo, thanks for the tip!

i've just seen the limit of Pilot2ATC and it's a bit frustrating ... Since now , i always file a flight plan from a airport to a different one , but today i wanted to train my skill around the same airport , and waiting for some flexibility from pilot2ATC ; and it was a disaster ! I tried different scenario and every time there was instability then freezes or crashes etc ...

first scenario : no filing flight plan and try to contact ground ATC for taxi and direct take off = freeze !

second scenario : no filing flight plan and try contact tower during flight around the airport = freeze after a first contact !

third scenario : filing a flight plan with 2 VOR around the airport to make a circle = guess what ? freeze during the filing or after several minutes with clearance .

So, Dave, is it possible to use Pilot2ATC with more flexibility than the usual trip , for a little tour around an airport ? 

EDIT : i will update to 2.3.1.2 version and report later , because i've just started a new flight , filing a flight plan , and PC froze when i entered the arrival airport ICAO (which this time was different than the depart one), so the problem is deeper than i thought initially  ...