Sign in to follow this  
martin-w

New Noctua Chromax Fans. Beige and Brown is Gone!

For those of you that love Noctua coolers and fans but are put off because you don't like them aesthetically, namely the brown and beige, then you'll be interested in the new Chromax range.

Also some nice tops for the coolers.

Would be interesting to see if the tops for the coolers result in any temp reduction, given that the air that would escape around the sides is blocked. Doubt it would be much if anything. Perhaps a degree or so. 

Duh, I hope the aesthetic change does not affect what I am buying the cooler for:  to cool the CPU:anonymose:.  I never care about the monstrous look.  The reason I use the NH-14 in my set-up is that it can cool the CPU on air as good as some liquid cooler and I don't have to deal with liquid in my box.  

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Hi Folks,

LOL - I kind of liked the beige and brown - it was almost like a trademark...

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

59 minutes ago, Anxu00 said:

The reason I use the NH-14 in my set-up is that it can cool the CPU on air as good as some liquid cooler and I don't have to deal with liquid in my box.

I have a Corsair H110i GT and I don't have to deal with liquid in my box either - fit and forget!

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

2 hours ago, Anxu00 said:

Duh, I hope the aesthetic change does not affect what I am buying the cooler for:  to cool the CPU:anonymose:.  I never care about the monstrous look.  The reason I use the NH-14 in my set-up is that it can cool the CPU on air as good as some liquid cooler and I don't have to deal with liquid in my box.  

No, will cool just as well, if not a tad better. :biggrin:

2 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Regards,

Scott

Actually me too Scott. I have no less than 5 case fans in my Lian Li X510, and one on the NH-D15S, all Noctua brown and beige. Don't mind the colour at all, but I have to admit the black Chromax with the tops on the cooler looks nice. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, vortex681 said:

I have a Corsair H110i GT and I don't have to deal with liquid in my box either - fit and forget!

:biggrin: Apart from a friend of mine who recently had his H100i leak. No damage luckily. 

5 minutes ago, martin-w said:

Actually me too Scott. I have no less than 5 case fans in my Lian Li X510, and one on the NH-D15S, all Noctua brown and beige. Don't mind the colour at all, but I have to admit the black Chromax with the tops on the cooler looks nice. 

Hi Martin,

Yeah - I swapped my case fans too - they are SOooo much quieter than the originals...

Huge fan (haha) of Noctua...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

2 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Regards,

Scott

+1    And I hope they DON'T follow the rest of the tech industry by adding LED's!

Greg

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Martin,

Yeah - I swapped my case fans too - they are SOooo much quieter than the originals...

Huge fan (haha) of Noctua...

Regards,

Scott

I went for NF-S12A fans for my case. For my daughters H100i V2 I went for the focused flow fans, NF-F12. Good combo, cool great and quieter than Corsair fans.

I notice on the Noctua website that they do 200 mm fans now as well. 

+1    And I hope they DON'T follow the rest of the tech industry by adding LED's!

Yes, me too Greg. I'm not totally against LED's in cases. in fact my daughters build has Asus Aura lighting and looks rather nice. But yes, wouldn't want to see Noctua go down that route.

I notice they've never gone down the AIO route either, sticking to solely air cooling. Must admit I was reasonably impressed with the quality of the Corsiar H100i V2, but I bet if Noctua went AIO, they would blow us away with the build quality and performance. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, martin-w said:

For my daughters H100i V2 I went for the focused flow fans, NF-F12. Good combo, cool great and quieter than Corsair fans.

I must be lucky then. I have the stock fans on my H110i GT and use the quiet profile in Corsair Link (an average of 900 RPM). Unless I put my ear close to the case I can't hear them. Under heavy gaming load, the fans on my graphics card mask any other noise from my PC.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

4 hours ago, vortex681 said:

I must be lucky then. I have the stock fans on my H110i GT and use the quiet profile in Corsair Link (an average of 900 RPM). Unless I put my ear close to the case I can't hear them. Under heavy gaming load, the fans on my graphics card mask any other noise from my PC.

Your Corsair fans are the 140's of course, thus quieter than the 120's on my daughters H100i. And of course you have a 280 rad as oposed to a 240. So not surprised you're satisfied.

I already had the NF-F12's so instaled them as a matter of course. I know from previous experience that the Noctua focused flow fans are first rate.