Sign in to follow this  
IFRPilot

Reality XP Tech support-Moving forward

It will be awesome if RealityXP can provide tech support on their own website or platform. I don't think it is fair to purchase a piece of software and then getting support else where. RealityXP should have direct control over on how software related information and contents are begin managed.

me wishful thinking again?

Tom

Why their own site?  Why not do it here on AVSIM?  Other companies do it here and it works very well.

• Upvote 3

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

1 hour ago, IFRPilot said:

I don't think it is fair to purchase a piece of software and then getting support else where. RealityXP should have direct control over on how software related information and contents are begin managed.

RXP give you many different support options:

http://reality-xp.com/support/index.html

All support option are clearly visible before you purchase anything, not sure what would make you think that something is not fair? The main thing is to get support, regardless of where!

And what makes you think that RXP do not have direct control?

Cheers,

Jerome

• Upvote 2

Hi Folks,

I am much happier now that Jean-Luc supports it here where we have far greater visibility - than having to truck off to yet another vendor site... Forums work fairly well for support - as many may benefit from a single post on a trouble... It also quickly spreads the word when a major flaw is detected....

If you need individual help - it looks like he still has a ticket system for support tickets... 

Just my 2 cents - take it for what it's worth...

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 3

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

2 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

I am much happier now that Jean-Luc supports it here where we have far greater visibility - than having to truck off to yet another vendor site... Forums work fairly well for support - as many may benefit from a single post on a trouble... It also quickly spreads the word when a major flaw is detected....

If you need individual help - it looks like he still has a ticket system for support tickets... 

Just my 2 cents - take it for what it's worth...

Regards,
Scott

Scott, I agree with you all the way. The "new" RXP support has been superb and always with a positive tone. Sadly, other developers are not likely to follow this model anytime soon. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, IFRPilot said:

I don't think it is fair to purchase a piece of software and then getting support else where

I'm not sure why you think it is unfair?

• Upvote 1

David Porrett

14 hours ago, IFRPilot said:

I don't think it is fair to purchase a piece of software and then getting support else where.

Give more consideration to "who" the support is coming from instead of "where". Support here for RXP is clearly coming from RXP! I can personally attest to that!

Who! Not Where!

• Upvote 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Totally agreed. I think Jean-Luc is doing an awesome job supporting his products.

Maybe "unfair" might be the wrong choice of word.

• Upvote 1

Tom

I have to agree with the others.  I have been more than pleased with the support provided by Jean-Luc since the new "official" site has been in place on Avsim.  I have absolutely no concerns about the venue.

Scott

• Upvote 1

Agree with the awesome support here comments. 

• Upvote 1

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

Also, bear in mind that it's easy to freely browse the forums here and evaluate the standard of support being offered and even ask questions, before you take the decision on whether to purchase or not. 

With some other add-ons, it's necessary to purchase the product before you are able to view (let alone post on) the dedicated tech support forum. :wink:

Nick

• Upvote 1

Nick M - A2A Simulations

My 2 cents... I love AVSIM, and the fact that Jean-Luc is back on the scene; I've had support in different forms, and I think as long as the response is timely here on the forum (and it certainly has been) that everyone benefits from the publicly posted messages.

AVSIM is generous to provide the service to the vendors, and I'm really happy to have it available here rather than having to jump between various forums. (Though, arguably, you still find discussions everywhere...)

• Upvote 1