Sign in to follow this  
LH201

PMDGs roll left

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with my PMDG aircrafts, as they always bank to the left no matter what the crosswind component is. The QOTSII and the T7 seem to compensate it with the AP, but the NGX apparently doesn't.

I noticed that the rudder is always deflected to the left and ailerons slightly to the right with AP engaged (I don't know if this is normal, I just noticed it the first time). If I disengage the AP, the aircrafts slowly rolls left. I checked the key combination for trimming and it is not used, so I can't accidently trim the aircraft without knowing.

I had tried to reinstall all PMDGs and deleted my fsx.cfg to let FSX build a new one with no success. My hardware also seems to be calibrated fine and google didn't help yet.

I don't know wether is affects all aircraft or only PMDG, but I only noticed it on the PMDGs (with 6 testflights since having this issue). Active Sky Next and FSX realism settings are set correctly for inflight turbulence and autorudder is disabled.

Any input is appreciated! :happy:

Rudder and Ailerons:

3CCthzK.jpg

NGX after letting it cruise on its own...

dMIk4AO.jpg

Make sure your yaw dampers are on. Its hard to miss.

Reynaldo Rodriguez

Philadelphia, PA

VATSIM | ZNY S3

signature-dark.png

JBU427.png

Check your roll and yaw trims.  They are normally centered.

Dan Downs KCRP

10 hours ago, LH201 said:

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with my PMDG aircrafts, as they always bank to the left no matter what the crosswind component is. The QOTSII and the T7 seem to compensate it with the AP, but the NGX apparently doesn't.

I noticed that the rudder is always deflected to the left and ailerons slightly to the right with AP engaged (I don't know if this is normal, I just noticed it the first time). If I disengage the AP, the aircrafts slowly rolls  left. I checked the key combination for trimming and it is not used, so I can't accidentally trim the aircraft without knowing.

If you have FSUIPC (Paid version) and calibrate your controls through it (like I do), check that when you leave your controls, that they are registered in the exact  centre position by FSUIPC.  If you have crappy controls like I do, they may be slightly out of sync from when you calibrated them (specifically, the rudder, which can be manipulated when the autopilot is engaged).  Also, check that default controls inside of FSX/P3D are disabled if you use FSUIPC.

Tell the passengers to sit on the right.

More than likely, a discrepancy is in your control axis setup. 

Make sure your fuel is balanced side to side. I've made that mistake before and it resulted in what you are experiencing.

Ted Striker

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

I had once a problem with my gaming mouse. The developer coded the driver that way that it was for windows 1) a normal HID mouse and secondly a X-input device. Thing is, P3D recognized my mouse as a controller and applied the default axis to it and every time i pushed a button the AC started to do things like OP has. Took me a while to get that.

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

2 hours ago, 30K said:

I had once a problem with my gaming mouse. The developer coded the driver that way that it was for windows 1) a normal HID mouse and secondly a X-input device. Thing is, P3D recognized my mouse as a controller and applied the default axis to it and every time i pushed a button the AC started to do things like OP has. Took me a while to get that.

The sim will try to do that for just about any USB input device, honestly. Always check for that when you plug a new USB device in (if it has buttons anyway), and especially when you install a new sim (or reinstall...*shudder*).

Kyle Rodgers

Hey Thorsten!

I had a similar problem in the past:

My Logitech Joystick was way too sensitive sometimes and it often did not find it's zero position.

I was unable to taxi straight forward, instead there was always a bit of deviation to the left or right during taxi and maintaining an altitude by manual flying was very difficult.

To get rid of that problem, I always do the flight control check.

I move my joystick ailerons full left, full right, elevator full up and down and the rudder full left and full right just like my preflight checklist tells me to do.

It seems like this tells the joystick it's "maximum" in each direction.

Give it a try, Greetings ;)

Thanks for the input, guys! I think it might be connected to my Saitek Rudders...further testing is going on. :rolleyes: