Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

VR-support not planned for Chaseplane?

A few months ago I asked in this forum whether or not Chaseplane would have VR support. The answer was that it is planned after release. On the product page there is an overview over planned features, and VR support is not on the list. Why?

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

We have to research the topic before committing.

VR is already supported natively in P3D and looks to work pretty well with ChasePlane as it is today. We have to determine if it’s worth the integration with FlyInside as well.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hmm I have two reactions to your reply, Keven:

1. I wish FSFX had said that when I first asked right after I purchased Chaseplane and it didnt work for me (I fly with Flyinside exclusively)

2. The VR community in Flightsim isn't very large, but from what I understand (and my own experience) the native VR is sub-par to what Flyinside is able to do. I dont know how many, but I guess a very large part of the vr community prefer Flyinside. That might change if P3D develops the native VR solution further.

On a side note I have done further research into the issue with Chaseplane and Flyinside compatability, and it looks like there is a fix to making them work together: Simply change the heading of the chaseplane camera.cfg entry to [Virtual cockpit] and it should work. I will look into this. If that really is the solution then I hope FSFX will be able to update their product so it is compatible out of the box. Too early for me to say since Im not able to test this at the moment.

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

We are definitely on the FlyInside right now but the level of integration requires some research beforehand. 

We have our contacts with the guys at FlyInside amd we’ll turn our heads towards that right after v1

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

It’s not on the website but it’s on out list of things to research no worry.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Keven, I would like to add my plea for FlyInside support please. I was pleasantly surprised to find that ChasePlane works perfectly with native VR in P3D4. However, native VR in P3D is not as good as FlyInside and I find FlyInside works best and smoothest with FSX. The majority of my add-ons are also not 100% compatible with P3D4, especially the Sling2, which I fly in real-life, so I still spend much of my time in FSX.

I don't fly exclusively with VR, as I like to practice real-life upcoming flights in FSX with 2D screen and TrackIR, for easy access to maps and flight logs etc. However, VR is fantastic for fooling around and it is an immense pain in the backside to fiddle around with config files every time when switching from VR to TrackIR and vice versa, just to accommodate ChasePlane.

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit