Sign in to follow this  
dmarques69

Chaseplane new features

Just saw this now and lovit what i saw, the replay feature and the hot corners are a really must, i risk to say that chaseplane can become the best addon out there ever...

PS: i dont know if the video is already posted in other section, i dint find it!

• Upvote 3

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

When it come out with Off line I dont see why anyone would not put this on there must have list.

• Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

11 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

When it come out with Off line I dont see why anyone would not put this on there must have list.

True!

Offline on 4:03 ;)

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Just now, dmarques69 said:

True!

Offline on 4:03 ;)

Yer I watched it all, I love chaseplane Cannot fly without it.

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

5 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Yer I watched it all, I love chaseplane Cannot fly without it.

I purchased(upgraded) Ezdok 2 one week before, and i was uninstalling it 2 hours after trying chaseplane, a new record on my system!! And i think Ezdok is a great software but this guys nailed it good!

• Upvote 1

Marques

It was good in P3Dv1-3 but meh now.  I've gone back to Ezdok2 with the numerous preset cameras that download when you load up the plane. 

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

2 hours ago, Lenny777 said:

It was good in P3Dv1-3 but meh now.  I've gone back to Ezdok2 with the numerous preset cameras that download when you load up the plane. 

Glad to hear you are happy with going back. For me I couldn't be happier along with all the Chaseplane users who will get this update along with the other features that have been mentioned. The steady path of updating Chaseplane and their support process has to me been a very noticeable aspect of Chaseplane performance compared to the myriad other plugins that I and many other use.

• Upvote 4

A.Chryss - near YSCB

1. ASUS ROG STRIX X299 i9-7900X (delid - 4.9Ghz All Cores), EK 420x45 RAD, D5 Pump, EK monoblok, 32GBs GSkill 3600MHz ram 1T, Gig Aorus GTX1080Ti (2075Mhz), SSung 970 Evo 2TB & 1Tb & 960Evo 500GB NVMe, 2xSSDs. XBox controller for camera views. - Flight sims

2. ASUS ROG STRIX X570 Ryzen 3900X - 4.3Ghz (12 cores) Corsair H115i, Gig 2080Ti OC, 32MHz ram 2x 970EVO 1TBNVME  3x ssd etc.  P3D v4.5 & v5, XP11 & DCS. 43"-4k + 27"-2k monitors & tablets. Warthog controllers, Honeycomb Yoke, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, TrackIR . - Games server

Wicked, looking forward to that replay feature. Not even as a cinematic point of view, but I like to re-watch some of my landings to see what I can improve. Very much look forward to the update.

• Upvote 3

Nick Austin

CXA102-1.jpg

Really looking forward for this and further updates. It will be interesting to see if the replay works better than P3D default, which does not fully support third party aircraft imo, as it is not showing the flaps/reverse thrusters correctly f.e.  after landing for me.

I never used EzDok, so I cannot compare those two products. But I really like Chase Plane as it is absolutely simple to use and it adds so much value to my sim experience in P3D every day.

5 hours ago, Matthew James de Bohun said:

Really can't wait for this. Chaseplane is a great add on. Only thing I need to sort out is finding a realistic camera shake preset for turbulence etc.

I have a recollection (dream, apparition, ghostly vision LOL) that Keven said some time in the past that in flight turbulence was a feature target for post release development and implementation, mind you it could have been entirely another of the gazillion features we have asked for (a risky business relying on my memory this late at night).

A.Chryss - near YSCB

1. ASUS ROG STRIX X299 i9-7900X (delid - 4.9Ghz All Cores), EK 420x45 RAD, D5 Pump, EK monoblok, 32GBs GSkill 3600MHz ram 1T, Gig Aorus GTX1080Ti (2075Mhz), SSung 970 Evo 2TB & 1Tb & 960Evo 500GB NVMe, 2xSSDs. XBox controller for camera views. - Flight sims

2. ASUS ROG STRIX X570 Ryzen 3900X - 4.3Ghz (12 cores) Corsair H115i, Gig 2080Ti OC, 32MHz ram 2x 970EVO 1TBNVME  3x ssd etc.  P3D v4.5 & v5, XP11 & DCS. 43"-4k + 27"-2k monitors & tablets. Warthog controllers, Honeycomb Yoke, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, TrackIR . - Games server

1 hour ago, Uteman said:

I have a recollection (dream, apparition, ghostly vision LOL) that Keven said some time in the past that in flight turbulence was a feature target for post release development and implementation, mind you it could have been entirely another of the gazillion features we have asked for (a risky business relying on my memory this late at night).

I already get the actual turbulence from active sky. I meant more along the lines of the "head shake" settings that respond to that and things like rolling down the runway and landing.

I've played around with the settings but haven't really found a balance that feels right yet.

P3D & X-Plane 11 - Videos and streaming @ V Special 1

Just now, Matthew James de Bohun said:

I already get the actual turbulence from active sky. I meant more along the lines of the "head shake" settings that respond to that and things like rolling down the runway and landing.

I've played around with the settings but haven't really found a balance that feels right yet.

To me, the turbulence effect I get in EZDok 1 is very realistic and I would not trade it for anything. Also not interested in any camera view program that quits when the internet goes down. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

Also not interested in any camera view program that quits when the internet goes down. 

The developers have stated repeatedly that offline use is coming in a future build; just wanted to be sure that accurate information is available to prospective users.

• Upvote 2

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Forgive me for being a little on the skeptic side. While I agree that Chaseplane is moving absolutely the right way in the features side, I am lately very worried about its performance footprint. I have currently chosen EZdok 2, because Chaseplane consumes 1-4% of my CPU and also uses GPU (according to Task Manager), while EZdok consumes  around or less than 0.05%. It's not just a number, I can see and feel the performance superiority of EZdok in my flights, especially when panning with the mouse and switching views but also the overall fluidity (for example looking how more stutter free the taxi-line is moving below my dashboard while taxing). Shaking and head movement effects also seem spot on and much more realistic to me. Besides you can use camera presets mimicking camera installations on your aircraft with 2 clicks, something not yet on Chaseplane.

Of course, Cinematic mode and the Replay mode are huge steps forward and I will have a hard time not get tempted to reinstall Chaseplane to test them out. However, the guys at Chaseplane, need to improve the performance, and this in my opinion should have been on the new features. Hopefully it will be. Personally I don't care about the UI appearance, if this consumes my simulator's resources. The Replay mode should have 0 fps impact (and I believe it will have), as it will need to work on heavy sceneries and heavy add-ons. 

If performance gets steadily below 0.5% I'll move, otherwise I feel I can't afford 1-2% of my CPU being used for the camera program when my scenery demands are high and I need a steady 30 fps, especially on takeoff and landing.

EDIT: Though I saw a lot of stutters, hearing the video's audio, the reviewer said "the CPU usage is 2-4 times lower than the previous version". Looking forward to testing that.

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link