Sign in to follow this  
dmarques69

Chaseplane new features

49 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

Forgive me for being a little on the skeptic side. While I agree that Chaseplane is moving absolutely the right way in the features side, I am lately very worried about its performance footprint. I have currently chosen EZdok 2, because Chaseplane consumes 1-4% of my CPU and also uses GPU (according to Task Manager), while EZdok consumes  around or less than 0.05%. It's not just a number, I can see and feel the performance superiority of EZdok in my flights, especially when panning with the mouse and switching views but also the overall fluidity (for example looking how more stutter free the taxi-line is moving below my dashboard while taxing). Shaking and head movement effects also seem spot on and much more realistic to me. Besides you can use camera presets mimicking camera installations on your aircraft with 2 clicks, something not yet on Chaseplane.

Of course, Cinematic mode and the Replay mode are huge steps forward and I will have a hard time not get tempted to reinstall Chaseplane to test them out. However, the guys at Chaseplane, need to improve the performance, and this in my opinion should have been on the new features. Hopefully it will be. Personally I don't care about the UI appearance, if this consumes my simulator's resources. The Replay mode should have 0 fps impact (and I believe it will have), as it will need to work on heavy sceneries and heavy add-ons. 

If performance gets steadily below 0.5% I'll move, otherwise I feel I can't afford 1-2% of my CPU being used for the camera program when my scenery demands are high and I need a steady 30 fps, especially on takeoff and landing.

EDIT: Though I saw a lot of stutters, hearing the video's audio, the reviewer said "the CPU usage is 2-4 times lower than the previous version". Looking forward to testing that.

Where did you see these stutters?

1 hour ago, CptVince said:

Where did you see these stutters?

For example, 1:52 - 2:11 (ngx landing) , 2:58 - 3:03 (ga landing) or 3:37 - 3:44 (passing car). 

The cinematic mode is always very smooth as it uses the external model.

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

ChasePlane is a perfect example of a continuing innovative product development. Can’t wait to test the replay mode and Hot corners!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Daedalus said:

For example, 1:52 - 2:11 (ngx landing) , 2:58 - 3:03 (ga landing) or 3:37 - 3:44 (passing car). 

The cinematic mode is always very smooth as it uses the external model.

Ngx landing is not stuttering, it's a shake effect that I put in post that may give you this impression. Ga landing, well I was testing the replay rate feature, keep that in mind if you really think these were stutters. 

I run everything on 4K locked at 30Hz and a constant 30 fps.

Thanks,

Vincent

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, CptVince said:

Ngx landing is not stuttering, it's a shake effect that I put in post that may give you this impression. Ga landing, well I was testing the replay rate feature, keep that in mind if you really think these were stutters. 

I run everything on 4K locked at 30Hz and a constant 30 fps.

Thanks,

Vincent

Ok, thanks for the explanation. I will certainly try the new update. I will really be very happy if the performance impact is now significantly reduced. : )

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Well done to Vincent on some superb videos.   This video demonstrates the recorder feature very well on PMDG aircraft and does exactly what I was hoping it would do.  It records animations really well and I didn't notice any significant stutter,

• Upvote 1

The excitement is real guys, lets just wait i little longer, from what i heard, its going to be released later this week.

• Upvote 1

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

2 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

Interesting to read this thread!

It's out guys, go update it!
https://fsfxpackages.com/en/blog/2017/11/15/cp-0-4/

Superb!

For those trailblazing the new features in the next few minutes, I'd be interested to see a few takeoffs/landings with a PMDG 777 or 747 wing.    I haven't had any wing action since FSRecorder.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

Interesting to read this thread!

It's out guys, go update it!
https://fsfxpackages.com/en/blog/2017/11/15/cp-0-4/

Thank you, this sounds good.

2-4x Performance Improvement

"A lot of time was spent on rewriting the core of ChasePlane. We got the hammer out and knocked the base down to rewrite it from scratch. The result is awesome. We have observed a 2 to 4x improvement in CPU and GPU usage and 30-40% faster launch times compared to our previous Experimental build (v0.3.166). We have split a lot of processes to multiple threads, improving the responsiveness and overall feel of the application.

The first comments we got from this version is that the camera motions and transitions feel much smoother than before as a result of those changes. Will continue to improve ChasePlane multi-thread abilities in upcoming updates."

This now makes chaseplane without a doubt the best camera on the market.

Offline Capabilities

"The most welcomed change in this version is the ability to use ChasePlane while offline. We realized that a lot of people are using ChasePlane in parts of the world where Internet is slow or sometimes inaccessible. Recent downtimes also reminded us of the importance of ChasePlane in the lives of many virtual pilots.

ChasePlane is an essential tool for many and we understand the need for it to remain accessible no matter what. Presets and preferences are now stored locally but are synced to the cloud just like before when a connection becomes available. The next time your PC crashes, your presets will remain as they were the last time they got synchronized with the cloud."

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I no longer have Community pre sets. Like it is off line. No longer have spot view either. Might have to re install

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Nice one, cant wait to try it out! Nice touch with the binocular feature. Now we just need a torchlight for cold and dark cockpits at night ;)

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Woozie said:

Nice one, cant wait to try it out! Nice touch with the binocular feature. Now we just need a torchlight for cold and dark cockpits at night ;)

We thought about that, we're thing of ways we could do that...

• Upvote 2

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Just now, Keven Menard said:

We thought about that, we're thing of ways we could do that...

Brilliant, its about to become the swiss army knife of P3D addons :)

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Woozie said:

Now we just need a torchlight for cold and dark cockpits at night ;)

OMG, yes pleeeez 

• Upvote 1