Sign in to follow this  
dmarques69

MSI Afterburner can induce stutters

After my adventure shared here https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/522926-texture_size_exp10-gives-me-out-of-memory/#comment-3737174

i was still having some strange issue with stutters, and where some weird ones, only while taxiing and turning or when using cinema mode in chaseplane, after some more investigation i found that MSi Afterburner was causing it, after closing it smooth as butter.

Really like Afterburner but for now is a no go for me while flying, im using the last 4.4.0 version.

Just wanted to alert the community for those who have similar symptoms.

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

I'm using MSI AB but haven't experienced any stuttering.

Thanks for the HU though, will keep it in mind. 

Richard Åsberg

23 hours ago, dmarques69 said:

After my adventure shared here https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/522926-texture_size_exp10-gives-me-out-of-memory/#comment-3737174

i was still having some strange issue with stutters, and where some weird ones, only while taxiing and turning or when using cinema mode in chaseplane, after some more investigation i found that MSi Afterburner was causing it, after closing it smooth as butter.

Really like Afterburner but for now is a no go for me while flying, im using the last 4.4.0 version.

Just wanted to alert the community for those who have similar symptoms.

Glad you found the culprit. Were you using Afterburner for over-clocking or just system monitoring?

Might be a good idea to report this solution on the other thread too to close that part off.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I have heard of someone else having a similar issue, they solved it by turning off all the internal monitoring features, which most people don't use but it's always polling in the background by default. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

1 hour ago, gboz said:

Glad you found the culprit. Were you using Afterburner for over-clocking or just system monitoring?

Might be a good idea to report this solution on the other thread too to close that part off.

gb.

Thanks mate! im using for both! But this one was just part of the problem, the other sutters that i had(in flight) is still a mystery how did i solved it, because i did so many things :)

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

On 11 November 2017 at 10:17 PM, dmarques69 said:

i found that MSi Afterburner was causing it,

Was this using the Vive or just with a monitor? As you said you were using it for over-clocking, could your GPU temperature be spiking and causing brief throttling (particularly on the ground at a complex airport)?

I have to say that this is the first time I've heard of Afterburner causing a problem that wasn't related to pushing the GPU too far.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

1 hour ago, vortex681 said:

Was this using the Vive or just with a monitor? As you said you were using it for over-clocking, could your GPU temperature be spiking and causing brief throttling (particularly on the ground at a complex airport)?

I have to say that this is the first time I've heard of Afterburner causing a problem that wasn't related to pushing the GPU too far.

Just monitoring with the monitor and no OC also happens, i have one suspicious...custom fan profile! But i didnt tried without it, im not using it now!

Marques