Sign in to follow this  
amorris

Strange instructions on Requesting IFR Release

When flying out of uncontrolled airports I always call from the ramp for IFR clearance and am given an initial altitude with the clearance, for example 4000 ft. I'm also instructed to call at the runway for IFR release. Upon reaching the runway and calling for the IFR release I'm ALWAYS instructed to climb and maintain 2000 ft. Why 2000 when I've already been cleared to 4000 ft?

The release might give you a "maintain runway heading until above xxxx ft" and then should give you the same "Climb and maintain 4000 ft" that you got in the original clearance.

If you could send the log file from one of these flights I can look into it.

Log files are located in:

C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs

where <UserName> is your PC user name

A new one is created each time you start Pilot2ATC, so if you take the most recent one when you have the error, you should have the correct one.

Thanks,

Dave

This log file is from 10/29 and does not contain the problem you described. 

Sort the log files by Date and then send the most recent one, assuming the last flight you had is the one with the problem.  Send it via email to me admin @ pilot2atc.com to avoid the mess of pasting it into the forum.

Thanks,

Dave

AMorris,

I see where you were told to maintain 2000' in the IFR Release instead of 4000. 

You should try updating to the latest version of Pilot2ATC as this bug is not occurring in the latest version 2.3.1.1.

Thanks,

Dave