Sign in to follow this  
Bryn

Strategy for flying among real traffic?

Hi,

This is a great add-on, but I'm wondering what strategies people use to fly with real world traffic? How do you fit yourself into the approach or departure? 

I've been using it with vatsim, and the new floor option is good for that, but if there's a way people use psxseecon from start to finish, I'd been keen to try it out.

Bryn.

• Upvote 1

Streaming at twitch.tv/brynmwr

Thanks Bryan for bringing this up. I once wanted to ask myself but didn't dare.

It's not so much an issue with smaller airfields, but at large hubs. At takeoff, I sometimes manage to find a slot to line up with the crowd after some waiting, but at landing I often have the case an airliner coming my way when I was already alinged to the runway (btw, I mostly fly GA/VFR). 

I hardly doubt there will be an ideal solution as it might be hard to convince real-word controllers to respect our plans, but perhaps someone found a clever procedure?

Kind regards, Michael 

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Don't think that so kind of database is possible, difficult to compute flight plans (for ai) and positions of all aircrafts in the world at a precise moment and to keep it on many years.

Database for wheather is possible for years of course but so many flight-plans in line...huuummm.

You can always 'tick' "avoid collions in the air" in the User Interface, then live aircraft will disappear if you get too close, so they do not bother you.

However, except for very busy airports such as Heathrow and Frankfurt (here in Europe) I have no problems taking position in the landing queues.

Nico

I tried flying an approach to Istanbul, and I was basically in the same spot as another plane.  That plane would be deleted, but respawn about 30 seconds later, and deleted again.

It might be good to have a way to keep it deleted, so you can basically take another plane's position in the approach for busy airports.

Streaming at twitch.tv/brynmwr

I just sequence my aircraft with the conflicting aircraft using the TCAS.  That is how ATC does it.  

blaustern

• Upvote 1

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam