Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

Flying as it used to be

Two observations ,

1. a world without mobile phones ( fantastic ! ) .

2, the flight plan written by hand in biro , not a computer printout .

Karol

• Upvote 3

The most obvious difference is how well dressed and groomed passengers are as opposed to the refugee look so common today.

• Upvote 3

Gary Stewart

Love the images of the guys building the motorway, not a high vis jacket or any other safety related item of clothing in sight. People were not a bunch of pussies in those days; they didn't need a nanny state telling them to be careful, common sense was enough.

• Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Hi Folks,

You mean economy class doesn't look like this anymore ??? Looks like we were all a lot thinner as well...

Regards,

Scott

747 Economy Class

panam.jpg

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

6 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

You mean economy class doesn't look like this anymore ???

More like this these days...

LAWYERS-SAY-PLS-KEEP-CAPTIONS-SIMPLE-SO-

• Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

On 11/12/2017 at 6:21 AM, tamsini said:

Wonderful video. Sadly, this looks more like another planet instead of another era compared to what we`ve made of this world.

I wish we could go back.

1 hour ago, Greggy_D said:

I wish we could go back.

Careful what you wish for. You might end up with an Amstrad or Atari!

The genie is out of the bottle I'm afraid.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

1 hour ago, Ron Attwood said:

Careful what you wish for. You might end up with an Amstrad or Atari!

The genie is out of the bottle I'm afraid.

I used to love playing SubLogic (not Microsoft) Flight Simulator on my Commodore computer, it was great, it never once gave me a VAS warning lol.

Alan Bradbury

I had SubLogic Flight Simulator 2 on the Commodore Amiga 500. In fact, I remember it was a Christmas present in 1988 :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

6 hours ago, Chock said:

Love the images of the guys building the motorway, not a high vis jacket or any other safety related item of clothing in sight. People were not a bunch of pussies in those days; they didn't need a nanny state telling them to be careful, common sense was enough.

Yeah!  And what about those ramp workers with no hearing protection?

Those were the days - filled with manly men, some of them deaf and some of them roadkill!

Stupid people today, with their safety vests and their ear muffs and their not getting mangled in heavy machinery... :cool:

• Upvote 3

Hahaha! I thought I could get the old 'My first PC was made out of rocks and pterodactyl bones' thing going :biggrin:

..you were lucky, Ron!... :tongue: (shades of the 4 Yorkshiremen sketch from Monty Python and others)

Back when I was about 7 we moved into a brand new house. The estate wasn't finished. Once I'd made some friends we spent days and evenings playing on the building site! There was even a knackered JCB we used to climb on. :blink: :blink:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Ah building sites, a rich source of armoury materials. Swords, daggers bows etc.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for that Howard - my first visit to Heathrow was in June 1964 when I spent a few enthralling hours on the rooftop terrace of the Queens Building until my parents got bored and I had to be dragged away! The video brought back many memories of an easygoing era when viewing airliners was actually encouraged!

Bill