Sign in to follow this  
apollomaker

Autopilot Issues

Hello All --- well, still struggling with the AP, mainly the pitch controls. Went back to the Cheyenne II to check it out and see the same thing there. So here we are on the Cheyenne III and having a hard time. Is it me, or am I missing something in working with this AP. The system is working fine with lateral nav on the GTN750. Any help much appreciated.

Cheers,  Bob

EDIT: I did learn that the altitude/VS control on the panel does have primary control over flight pitch during active AP and it appears to be functioning OK. The issue now remains about flight pitch during manual piloting mode, When I get back to flying the Cheyenne III will check it out, As reported by others, the radar altimeter is not functioning, Any comments about pitch control during manual mode appreciated,  Thanks!!!  :biggrin:

The only way I can work pitch is to select an altitude in the display, press arm, and use the lower half of the black rocker knob thingy with my mouse wheel to dial vertical speed.  Another way actually now that I think about it - press ALT AP console, then redial your altitude you want in the altitude alerter, press ARM, then change vertical speed with the lower half of the black knob

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hi Ryan --- thanks for the feedback. Yep, that is pretty much how it looks. I did some more tinkering with it and at least have it working :biggrin:

Everything else seems pretty good. I have not tried any ILS approaches yet, manual or automatic but that is next, Nice looking plane as always,

Thanks Again.

On 11/12/2017 at 2:00 PM, ryanbatcund said:

The only way I can work pitch is to select an altitude in the display, press arm, and use the lower half of the black rocker knob thingy with my mouse wheel to dial vertical speed.  Another way actually now that I think about it - press ALT AP console, then redial your altitude you want in the altitude alerter, press ARM, then change vertical speed with the lower half of the black knob

That's the way it's supposed to work, isn't it?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM