Sign in to follow this  
1290SASRider

P3Dv4 crashing after attempting uninstall of EZdok

Hello.  I've got the most current version of EZdok as well as the current version of 4.1.  The install of EZdok seemed to go OK but after running the configuration tool it started acting up.. It would load "EZCA" on Windows startup even though it wasn't in 'Start Programs.'  Then P3D would load on startup as well though  it would not progress past the startup splash screen.  Running Process Explorer I could see Prepar3D and an instance of SODE running.  I killed both those process but when I attempted to restart Prepar3D the same thing would happen.

I used the P3D installer to attempt to repair the installation but that has had no effect.  Any thoughts as to how to proceed?

David Rosenblum

Atlas Air Boeing 767 Captain; previously a Boeing 747-400/-8 First Officer

Jetline Gravity GTX | Aorus Z370 Gaming 7 motherboard | i7 8700K overclocked to 5 GHz | 32GB 3 GHz Corsair DDR4 SDRAM | 11GB GTX 1080 Ti | 1TB Samsung 960 Pro m.2 SSD | 2TB WD Black 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s HDD | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Dual Stage Liquid Cooling | 3 Dell S2716DG G-Sync monitors on Jestik Arc stand | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Logitech G Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, Throttles and Pedals

Hello

Check your exe.xml and dll.xml, these files can be on two locations:

"C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Preap3D vv\ " which is the old FS file system.

Or

"C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3Dv4\" which is part of the new P3D proposed file system.

Remove any reference to EZDOK on those files.

Best of luck

Simbol 

48 minutes ago, simbol said:

Hello

Check your exe.xml and dll.xml, these files can be on two locations:

"C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Preap3D vv\ " which is the old FS file system.

Or

"C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3Dv4\" which is part of the new P3D proposed file system.

Remove any reference to EZDOK on those files.

Best of luck

Simbol 

Thanks, Simbol.  I did as you suggested and found references to EZdok in the exe.xml of the old (FS) file system.  I removed it, saved it and restarted the computer.  Prepar3D launched again on bootup as it was doing before and wouldn't load past the startup screen.  I ran Process Explorer and it showed as running as well as SODE.  I killed them again and attempted to run P3D but no change.  Still does the same thing.  I'd hate to have to remove and reinstall everything but I'm leaning that way.

David Rosenblum

Jetline Gravity GTX | Aorus Z370 Gaming 7 motherboard | i7 8700K overclocked to 5 GHz | 32GB 3 GHz Corsair DDR4 SDRAM | 11GB GTX 1080 Ti | 1TB Samsung 960 Pro m.2 SSD | 2TB WD Black 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s HDD | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Dual Stage Liquid Cooling | 3 Dell S2716DG G-Sync monitors on Jestik Arc stand | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Logitech G Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, Throttles and Pedals

16 minutes ago, simbol said:

Make a backup of Prepar3d.cfg, delete it and try again 

Simbol 

Thanks again.  Done as suggested.  Upon restarting, before I was able to enter my Windows PIN, Prepar3D apparently attempted to start as it informed me of the need for at least a 1024 x 768 resolution in a dialog box.  I then entered my PIN and Windows completed its bootup.  I opened Process Explorer and either P3D or SODE hadn't started but I attempted to run P3D and after its startup splash screen...nothing.  It and SODE showed in Process Explorer but otherwise same as before.

David Rosenblum

13 minutes ago, FLHXRider said:

Thanks again.  Done as suggested.  Upon restarting, before I was able to enter my Windows PIN, Prepar3D apparently attempted to start as it informed me of the need for at least a 1024 x 768 resolution in a dialog box.  I then entered my PIN and Windows completed its bootup.  I opened Process Explorer and either P3D or SODE hadn't started but I attempted to run P3D and after its startup splash screen...nothing.  It and SODE showed in Process Explorer but otherwise same as before.

Ok maybe Sode became corrupted, go to PD3V4 directory, there is a folder with the name redistrib, open it.

Inside you will find all the original sode installers, install all of them except rusian and Japanese.

Simbol 

19 minutes ago, simbol said:

Ok maybe Sode became corrupted, go to PD3V4 directory, there is a folder with the name redistrib, open it.

Inside you will find all the original sode installers, install all of them except rusian and Japanese.

Simbol 

OK.  I attempted that.  All the installers flashed briefly on the screen, for a fraction of a second each.  Retired it with no change.  So I attempted first to repair SODE then remove and reinstall it.  Still no change.  P3D is showing as running in Process Explorer as is SODE but nothing shows.

David Rosenblum

9 minutes ago, FLHXRider said:

OK.  I attempted that.  All the installers flashed briefly on the screen, for a fraction of a second each.  Retired it with no change.  So I attempted first to repair SODE then remove and reinstall it.  Still no change.  P3D is showing as running in Process Explorer as is SODE but nothing shows.

Ok, are you running Windows 10? Are you running on game mode? Just trying other ideas..

Simbol 

3 minutes ago, simbol said:

Ok, are you running Windows 10? Are you running on game mode? Just trying other ideas..

Simbol 

I appreciate that, and your efforts to help me sort through this.  Not even sure what Game Mode is but I've always run P3D in Windows 10 in its normal mode without difficulty.

David Rosenblum

1 minute ago, FLHXRider said:

I appreciate that, and your efforts to help me sort through this.  Not even sure what Game Mode is but I've always run P3D in Windows 10 in its normal mode without difficulty.

Do you know what teamviewer is? Would you like me to connect remotely to have a look?

Just now, simbol said:

Do you know what teamviewer is? Would you like me to connect remotely to have a look?

Yes please!  I am very familiar with TeamViewer.  And have the time as well.  Would you like to speak first?

David Rosenblum

2 minutes ago, simbol said:

Ok give me 20 minutes, send me via PM your id and password so I can connect.

Simbol 

Coming at you! :-D

David Rosenblum