Sign in to follow this  
whamil77

Cheyenne III Discrepancy List Thread

Please send trouble tickets to Carenado and please add to this thread as you find problems.    

• Prop animations viewed from the interior are corrupted.  
  1. On startup, the right prop does not spin slowly.  It goes directly from still to blurr.  If the right engine is started first, the left prop disappears.  It reappears when the right engine is shut down. 
  2. On shutdown, the right prop stops immediately.  The left prop spins down normally. 
  • The radar altimeter does not work.  Even with the power turned on, the needle does not move. 
  • The elevator trim wheel animation is wrong.  The trim wheel turns in the proper direction but the trim indication moves backwards. Also still a problem on the Cheyenne II.  

1 hour ago, whamil77 said:

The elevator trim wheel animation is wrong.  The trim wheel turns in the proper direction but the trim indication moves backwards. Also still a problem on the Cheyenne II.

That's a bad one and needs to be fixed in both.  How can you even up the trim when it's out of whack without that?

• Upvote 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Hi Folks,

Yeah - did they fix the ignition switches - also on II the Beacon Strobe Switch I think was wrong... On the strobes position - both the Beacon and strobes should illuminate...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

14 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

also on II the Beacon Strobe Switch I think was wrong... On the strobes position - both the Beacon and strobes should illuminate...

copy & paste from the PA31T thread:

I don't think that the switch/function i wrong. IRL the switch also says BEACON-OFF-STROBE. Not BEACON & STROBE. AFAIR the requirement is to have one of those lights turned on during flight. 

1 hour ago, whamil77 said:

Please send trouble tickets to Carenado and please add to this thread as you find problems.    

• Prop animations viewed from the interior are corrupted.  
  1. On startup, the right prop does not spin slowly.  It goes directly from still to blurr.  If the right engine is started first, the left prop disappears.  It reappears when the right engine is shut down. 
  2. On shutdown, the right prop stops immediately.  The left prop spins down normally.  

I do not have this problem but I use the Ezdok Camera views this might explain.

M.Daniel

proatcxlogo.jpg

17 minutes ago, J35OE said:

copy & paste from the PA31T thread:

I don't think that the switch/function i wrong. IRL the switch also says BEACON-OFF-STROBE. Not BEACON & STROBE. AFAIR the requirement is to have one of those lights turned on during flight. 

Hi J35OE,

Thanks for the help - I just couldn’t imagine a situation where you would want to turn the Beacon off when the Strobes are on... Typically the Beacon is on at all times the engine is in operation - where you normally add Strobes when taking the runway - leaving the Beacon on... LOL - at least that’s my experience in SEL aircraft... I realize in some cases the Strobes can act as a sole source of anti-collision lighting in place of a Beacon via FAA regs... Just seems odd that you would turn the Beacon off...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hello All --- well after delaying my ILS testing, it proved to be disappointing. Seems the glide slope and localizer functions are not working. The indicators come up, but there is no deviation function. I had loaded the GTN750 earlier and decided to reload the entire aircraft and did so. This did not fix the problem with the ILS functions. Tested fully stock install and with GTN750. No joy. 

Also, I am running P3D ver. 4.1. 

Tested other Carenado aircraft just to make sure, and those are all working fine. Anyone else seeing the same issue??? 

• Upvote 1

• Engine Percent RPM gauges incorrect.  The "mini-gauge" within the Engine Percent RPM gauge that is suppose to display single digit percentage shows double digit percentage just like the main gauge. 

• Inside the VC, when the left engine is shot down, does not show the blades.
  • The nose cone of the Cheyenne has different shadow. Actually, the darkness of shadow is inverse of the sun light.  

1 hour ago, apollomaker said:

Hello All --- well after delaying my ILS testing, it proved to be disappointing. Seems the glide slope and localizer functions are not working. The indicators come up, but there is no deviation function. I had loaded the GTN750 earlier and decided to reload the entire aircraft and did so. This did not fix the problem with the ILS functions. Tested fully stock install and with GTN750. No joy. 

Also, I am running P3D ver. 4.1. 

Tested other Carenado aircraft just to make sure, and those are all working fine. Anyone else seeing the same issue??? 

The ILS functions are working fine for me in v4.1 and GTN 750.  The  F1GTN.ini and F1GTNSTACK.ini files that come with the Carenado airplanes are very generic.  You might try substituting files from other airplanes that are working properly. 

5 minutes ago, whamil77 said:

The ILS functions are working fine for me in v4.1 and GTN 750.  The  F1GTN.ini and F1GTNSTACK.ini files that come with the Carenado airplanes are very generic.  You might try substituting files from other airplanes that are working properly. 

Thanks for the feedback. I will do some experimenting to find a solution.

I just sent Carenado everything included in the previous posts.  But the more folks send, even if it's just a duplicate of these, the better chance we have of getting Carenado to fix this stuff. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi J35OE,

Thanks for the help - I just couldn’t imagine a situation where you would want to turn the Beacon off when the Strobes are on... Typically the Beacon is on at all times the engine is in operation - where you normally add Strobes when taking the runway - leaving the Beacon on... LOL - at least that’s my experience in SEL aircraft... I realize in some cases the Strobes can act as a sole source of anti-collision lighting in place of a Beacon via FAA regs... Just seems odd that you would turn the Beacon off...

Regards,

Scott

In the USA at least, what you would do is normal.  Beacon on when engine is operating day or night.  Strobes, if equipped would come on crossing or entering a runway.

For a typical light twin or single in the USA it would be:

NAV lights on sunset to sunrise

BCN on engine operating (aka prior to startup)

STROBES on as described above

Landing/taxi as needed

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |