Sign in to follow this  
whamil77

Cheyenne III Discrepancy List Thread

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

Beacon on when engine is operating day or night. 

If you don't have the option to turn on both at the same time you simply can only use either one, even with N registered planes. That's what you normally do in the PA31T.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx9mYA4mzjU

10 minutes ago, J35OE said:

If you don't have the option to turn on both at the same time you simply can only use either one, even with N registered planes. That's what you normally do in the PA31T.

I agree with you....  maybe I mis wrote - but yeah.  On the ground at least, people don't put strobes on if they also have a beacon at night...until they enter the runway... blinds other pilots (and me in the tower!)  I once worked a baron that had more lights than a C130 - we called him "disco baron" lol - he was canadian and maybe they have different rules but he had so many white beacon lights everywhere... MY EYES ARE BURNING!!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

18 hours ago, J35OE said:

18 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

I agree with you....  maybe I mis wrote - but yeah.  On the ground at least, people don't put strobes on if they also have a beacon at night...until they enter the runway... blinds other pilots (and me in the tower!)  I once worked a baron that had more lights than a C130 - we called him "disco baron" lol - he was canadian and maybe they have different rules but he had so many white beacon lights everywhere... MY EYES ARE BURNING!!

Hi Folks,

Well - since the Cheyenne is a favorite - I spent some time watching additional videos as well - and as odd as it seems - J35OE nailed it... I couldn’t find a single video with a Cheyenne with both the Beacon and Strobes illuminated at the same time... In fact  - 85% seem to have replaced the fairing cap on top of the vertical stabilizer - removing the Beacon entirely - probably for less drag... Thanks for the clarification...

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

17 minutes ago, flyuthere said:

Seems as though on livery N8680J the right side N number on tail is mis-alligned.  

As Bill mentioned earlier - get those tickets in and include all the previous discrepancies on the ticket - from past experience - you only have a short window before Carenado loses interest and moves on to the next project...

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 2

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Wow... And they are asking 39$ U.S. for this? I'll keep coming back to this thread to see if these problems are addressed by Carenado/Alabeo and it will determine whether or not I purchase it. Thanks to those of you that stick your necks out and *properly* beta test these aircraft, it's greatly appreciated, especially for guys like myself who are in Canada and have to deal with U.S. currency exchange rate.

Andrew Walker

Yes 39$ for this it is cheap. But do not exaggerate either I do not know any aircraft that has no problem with the release.

M.Daniel

proatcxlogo.jpg

14 hours ago, Mangouste said:

Yes 39$ for this it is cheap. But do not exaggerate either I do not know any aircraft that has no problem with the release.

Yes, but the question is will these problems be fixed?

• Upvote 1

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

2 hours ago, stans said:

Yes, but the question is will these problems be fixed?

I do not work at Carenado. But they still come out of patches for their planes. And a correction does not happen in a few days.

M.Daniel

proatcxlogo.jpg

As with every new release from Carenado, I am thankful I did not give them my hard earned money. It’s amazing that people still pay them for this. While I am a systems guy, I can completely understand the desire for a simplified “fire up and fly” aircraft. And they do have some of, if not the best, visually appealing aircraft. But there are always problems that are so basic with every release. I do wish Carenado would get some proper Beta Testers to catch the simple things before shoveling another product out the door. 

• Upvote 3

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

Using 1.1 in P3Dv4. Flew through visible moisture north of Seattle in temps conducive to icing today, and despite the pitot heat indicating ON, the pitot tubes still froze up, which in FSX and P3D mean that the airspeed needle rapidly drops to zero and stays there until warmer temps are introduced.

I submitted a support ticket, but encourage others to verify as well. I believe this problem is also present with the F406 Caravan.

7 hours ago, STK said:

Using 1.1 in P3Dv4. Flew through visible moisture north of Seattle in temps conducive to icing today, and despite the pitot heat indicating ON, the pitot tubes still froze up, which in FSX and P3D mean that the airspeed needle rapidly drops to zero and stays there until warmer temps are introduced.

I submitted a support ticket, but encourage others to verify as well. I believe this problem is also present with the F406 Caravan.

It goes back to the theme that Carenado sometimes does not actually turn on systems.  Instead, they simply change switch positions with their "dummy variables"  In the case of the 690B, they simply addressed the wrong variable.  I'll take a look at it and see if there's an easy fix.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, whamil77 said:

It goes back to the theme that Carenado sometimes does not actually turn on systems.  Instead, they simply change switch positions with their "dummy variables"  In the case of the 690B, they simply addressed the wrong variable.  I'll take a look at it and see if there's an easy fix.

I looked at the variables and the supporting code.  The pitot heat should be working properly as long as BOTH pitot heat switches are turned on to either "PITOT" or PITOT/STALL".  The code includes an "and" conditional for the system.  Turning only one or the other on will not energize either. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, whamil77 said:

I looked at the variables and the supporting code.  The pitot heat should be working properly as long as BOTH pitot heat switches are turned on to either "PITOT" or PITOT/STALL".  The code includes an "and" conditional for the system.  Turning only one or the other on will not energize either. 

I've turned on both left and right switches. Additionally, at least on my model, each switch (left/right) only has two positions: OFF, or Pitot/Stall.

Again, I've utilized all deicing / heat switches in the aircraft, and just confirmed again moments ago that the pitot probes still ice over, resulting in airspeed indication loss.

I'll use a VARWATCHER to see if the pitot heat does indeed come on.  It will probably be tomorrow, however.