Sign in to follow this  
HighBypass

Fix for C46 prop textures in FSX:SE DX10

Could some kind soul have a look at the possibility of fixing the spin-prop textures for Libardo Guzman's fine C46 Commando please? Can they be fixed - it's the known issue of having the clouds in front of the propeller arc? I've tried to mess with the alpha channel and re-apply it but to no avail. The textures look great when not looking at clouds through them. In fact you can see if the props are synchronised or not :cool:

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks, Alan.  :cool: I've had a look at the tutorial. I don't have dark discs, in fact the prop texture looks great... until clouds aren't obscured by the texture..

Here's a shot of the unedited discs in FSX:SE with DX10 fixer.

2017-11-11_16-58-9-447.jpg

So, basically the clouds in prop effect is a feature of FSX then? Or is it fixed by re-coding the aircraft model or some such? 

No, i don't have dark props with it either, but if you don't like that disappearing effect, then it is a partial solution to that, though not a brilliant one. That props disappearing against clouds and some other FSX objects is a result of an FS2004 aeroplane being ported into FSX, without it being a native model for FSX with suitable texturing, so it's a problem which isn't really possible to solve without the model itself to recompile. That's why I suggested that tutorial because if you don't like that effect it has against clouds, you can at least choose to make the props transparent. Not a fix of course, but it is something some people may prefer.

• Upvote 1

No worries, Alan. Thanks. Having had confirmation that it is an FS2004 port-over issue makes the cloud-in-prop easier to live with. :cool: EDIT: Besides if the props are made transparent I won't be able to see if they're synchronised; she's no A2A Connie with a proper gauge, just two rpm gauges :tongue: