Sign in to follow this  
STUART_H

Help with XP11 AI

How do you stop X-Plane 11 aircraft simply spinning round in circles and instead they follow taxiways to take off and also to have them landing?

I don't use XP flightplanner or ATC, as I use Simbrief and either Radar Contact or PF3 for ATC. Must I file a flight plan in XP11 itself to have the AI aircraft react properly?

I'm not concerned about having en-route AI but would like a few aircraft taxiing around at my departure and arrival airports.  I know about X-Life and World Traffic, but don't want to tax my system too much.

Thanks,

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

1 hour ago, STUART_H said:

How do you stop X-Plane 11 aircraft simply spinning round in circles and instead they follow taxiways to take off and also to have them landing?

I don't use XP flightplanner or ATC, as I use Simbrief and either Radar Contact or PF3 for ATC. Must I file a flight plan in XP11 itself to have the AI aircraft react properly?

I'm not concerned about having en-route AI but would like a few aircraft taxiing around at my departure and arrival airports.  I know about X-Life and World Traffic, but don't want to tax my system too much.

Thanks,

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

May not help much, but my two cents is: X-plane's AI is just so lacking, that you should not bother with it. Every single aircraft you have around you uses a similar flight model to your own aircraft, therefore very computational intensive. In fact, having World Traffic 3 displaying tons of aircraft barely gives you any fps drop, while only a few Laminar AI aircraft probably will. Others can chip in and give you suggestions on your original problem, but I strongly recommend to take a look at those alternatives (especially World Traffic 3).

Some planes dont make good ai. Also if the plane is in a spot where the parking is larger than teh taxi way it will go round in circles till it finds one the right size taxiway. Xplane has a bad habit of picking a few parking spots and only using them than filling them with planes you picked. Puts cessna where there should be a 747 etc

A lean setup of WT3 will deliver much, much better results, and there will be no FPS drop if you are running with moderate settings, which will still give you a LOT more traffic than XP Ai, including variety, realistic airlines and aircraft types ect. Give it a try!

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

As others have mentioned WT3 is the way to go if you want decent AI traffic. I have it turned on so that WT3 can control the AI and I have some returns on my TCAS.

I notice on the WT3 website that it has a button [Try], but it doesn't then say what the limitations are for trying it. Is it time limited or limited to only a specific airport?

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

13 minutes ago, STUART_H said:

I notice on the WT3 website that it has a button [Try], but it doesn't then say what the limitations are for trying it. Is it time limited or limited to only a specific airport?

Stuart

I think the trial will only allow a handful of flights at any given time. Meaning you can fully try the product, but the amount of airplanes you see is very limited.

-

I took the hint and thought I'd give WT3 a try out:. However, just posted the following on the WT forum:

I followed the link [Try] on the website menu. Everything installed ok, including all Bluebell AI aircraft and Real flights dbase.  However, when I activate the Key Command menu, using my defined key / button shortcut, although I can move the arrow with arrow keys nothing happens when I hit the [Enter] key, so am unable to activate the Regions, or any other menu item for that matter. Furthermore, when I activate the ATC menu it appears but the Key Control menu does not disappear and the whole thing locks up, including all my arrows etc. relating to my aircraft switches and knobs.

I am using X-Plane 11.10 beta7, so don't know if these issues are related to latest beta or not, but I'm unable to try your product at all. I tried generating Flight Plan etc., but to no avail, although it appeared to generate stuff and I do have ground routes for the airport, nothing appears to work, which maybe because I'm unable to Activate the Region's and Real flightplanner.

Can you advise whether their are issues using WT3 with XP11.10 beta7, or why my Enter key and Key menu operation does not work ?

Any advice?

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

First and foremost, forget the integrated ATC - you can setup 124th ATC (free) to work with it and it is a MUCH better package.

As for your enter Key - do you have it bound to another plug-in maybe?

-

I don't use the integrated ATC, as I use either Radar Contact or PF3, I was just trying to see what worked in WT3. And No, the Enter key is not bound to anything in the XP Keyboard mapping, I checked.

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

3 minutes ago, STUART_H said:

I don't use the integrated ATC, as I use either Radar Contact or PF3, I was just trying to see what worked in WT3. And No, the Enter key is not bound to anything in the XP Keyboard mapping, I checked.

Stuart

Check all your keybindings, WT 3 should work without problems. You do not necessarily need to assign a key to every function (like for the radar), but some things you need to. With my config, Ctrl+W opens up the side dialog, and you can navigate with the arrows and Backspace for going back (I think the arrows are non-configurable, but rather preset by World Traffic, I'm not sure about Backspace). It should work, just don't give up. Radar Contact or PF3 won't work with World Traffic (but neither they do with the default one). World Traffic's own ATC is well.. not really good, it can only be useful to clear your approach, so it's understandable if you want to use a third party package. I think Pilot2ATC WILL work with WT in the future.