Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

Does Chaseplane uninstall EZDok?

After seeing the latest beta video, Chaseplane is really looking good.  Thing is, I'd like to also have EZDok sometimes.  I think I read somewhere that Chaseplane uninstalls EZDok.  If it does, is it easy to 'reinstall' it and 'uninstall' it again so I can switch between the two? 

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I don't think CP uninstalls EZ, but realise that two camera addons will not like each other, like two virus scanners is not working eather.

I can only speak for myself, but after buying and trying CP, EZ was a nogo for my (i had EZ before i had CP).

I'm sure once you use CP, you won't go back again, especialy with the new feathers coming on.

What feature you like with EZ that CP won't have?

You cannot have both of them configured on the same PC. When you install CP, it removes EzDok entries from every sim you have installed on your system.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

3 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

You cannot have both of them configured on the same PC. When you install CP, it removes EzDok entries from every sim you have installed on your system.

OK, did not know that:blush:

16 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

Right...that's what I heard.  But, it seems like if I wasn't running EZDok...e.g. removed it from EXE.XML that would be enough to keep it from conflicting?  Or is there something more?  I mean, @headley might be right, that I'd switch over entirely...*shrugs*...maybe.  Otherwise, is there a way to just install Chaseplane into 4.1 and leave EZDok on my 3.4 setup?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

We are both injecting data into specific positions the cameras.cfg file. They both cannot inject that data at the same time.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

26 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

We are both injecting data into specific positions the cameras.cfg file. They both cannot inject that data at the same time.

So, if I have P3D3.4 and P3D4.1 installed, Chaseplane writes to both even though I only install it to 4.1?  P3D4.1 has its own camera.cfg.

Gregg Seipp

Maybe I can ask this way...

Can you tell me what files Chaseplane writes to? I'll back them up.

Gregg Seipp

Cameras.cfg and exe.xml (if applicable) in the Appdata folder.

It also removes hotkeys in every aircraft.cfg file if present and conflicting but that should prevent other camera add ons from working.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Just now, Keven Menard said:

Cameras.cfg and exe.xml (if applicable) in the Appdata folder.

It also removes hotkeys in every aircraft.cfg file if present and conflicting but that should prevent other camera add ons from working.

Thanks.  That'll help.  Looking forward to trying Chaseplane out.

Gregg Seipp

Just to clarify here, if I disable the Ezdok entry in exe.xml is that enough for Chaseplane to have P3d to itself? Very reluctant to have Ezdok completely uninstalled at this stage - still too many unknowns about the comparative merits of each product.  Thanks.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

No, ChasePlane still needs to modify the files listed above.

If you want to reinstall EzDok, run their config.exe

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I use both CP and EZDok. What I did is install CP and backup the relevant files. Then install EZDok and backup the relevant files. Then made a cmd file to switch to whatever camera system I want to use. It just copies the  backup files to the appdata folder. Works fine for me.

• Like 1

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

1 hour ago, willy647 said:

I use both CP and EZDok. What I did is install CP and backup the relevant files. Then install EZDok and backup the relevant files. Then made a cmd file to switch to whatever camera system I want to use. It just copies the  backup files to the appdata folder. Works fine for me.

That's probably the best answer.  Could you paste your cmd file here?

Gregg Seipp