Sign in to follow this  
fakeflyer737

Q400 FS2Crew

22 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

PMDG didn't charge for V3 -> V4. You are comparing platforms rather than iterations, which is apples to oranges and very disingenuous of you. 

You had to pay for an upgrade from fsx to p3d. It's still paying for an upgrade. And PMDG lied about a reason for charging for P3D in the first place. This entire topic is pointless. A developer had to code for the 64bit version and felt they had to charge for it. Move on.

Just now, 777200lrf said:

you had to pay for an upgrade from fsx to p3d. It's still paying for an upgrade.

Again, you are comparing platforms to platform iterations with two different developers and licenses. Not only that, PMDG has caught an immense amount of flak and ridicule for that decision in the first place, so I'm not even sure what your point is. FS2Crew is one of the very few developers who decided to want money for the V3 to V4 jump, whereas most other developers had the sense to build some goodwill with the community. Even developers who build much more complex, expensive and in-depth addons decided to let users upgrade for free. But I assume you think it's okay for other developers, like PMDG, to get called out but not for FS2Crew to get called out when they are one of the few to get greedy this upgrade round?

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

35 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

Again, you are comparing platforms to platform iterations with two different developers and licenses. Not only that, PMDG has caught an immense amount of flak and ridicule for that decision in the first place, so I'm not even sure what your point is. FS2Crew is one of the very few developers who decided to want money for the V3 to V4 jump, whereas most other developers had the sense to build some goodwill with the community. Even developers who build much more complex, expensive and in-depth addons decided to let users upgrade for free. But I assume you think it's okay for other developers, like PMDG, to get called out but not for FS2Crew to get called out when they are one of the few to get greedy this upgrade round?

I don't really understand what your huge problem is?! FS2Crew has the right to do it. In my opinion it's totally fair to charge for a V3 -> V4 upgrade. 

Majestic charged for a V3 -> V4 upgrade as well... why don't you rant on about them, then?

But yes. I agree... this whole discussion is pointless. If you're so outraged by this, just don't purchase it!

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

7 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

I don't really understand what your huge problem is?! FS2Crew has the right to do it. In my opinion it's totally fair to charge for a V3 -> V4 upgrade. 

Majestic charged for a V3 -> V4 upgrade as well... why is that fair, then?

Sure, they have the right but who says people are supposed to like being fleeced? You must obviously have seen the public reaction to their upgrade fee, which hasn't been all roses. So people obviously don't agree that it's fair. I was also an owner of a V3 FS2Crew addon and have absolutely no plans of ever supporting their venture again, simply because of this decision. That also comes down to FS2Crew neither being essential to me nor an addon that I get all hot under the collar about. Just a very mild 'nice to have', which I absolutely wouldn't spend any additional money on than what I originally paid. Hence why it's a more difficult pill to swallow when people have to pay for it again. 

Who said anything about Majestic's choice being fair? Not sure where I or anyone here claimed that?

But yes. I agree... this whole discussion is pointless. If you're so outraged by this, just don't purchase it!

Doesn't that statement from both of you ring a bit hollow, when you decide to participate in the thread and instigate the very debate which you find 'pointless'. If it's so pointless, why not just stay away from it?

• Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

1 hour ago, 777200lrf said:

You had to pay for an upgrade from fsx to p3d

No you didn't. You had to purchase the plane again. A completely new purchase.  Quit why you are ahead.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

After appreciate this addon fs2crew q400 in v3 voice and after buttons version, I was a little dispite to paid full again to upgrade to v4.

It is a well done addon,...but to paid value of v3+v4. in a few months is heavy 😠 for a annexe addon.

And to pay again, I prefered to keep this "money for upgrading" and changing of cremery for Multicrew experience who offer all best aircrafts of p3d aircrafts with multi co-pilots for fsx+v3+v4... Per aircraft is a lower cost indeed, actualy the best deal of course for this kind of addon.

fs2crew is down for me.

The passage for "Family of fsx softwares" from 32bits to 64 bits was in the air when xp10 in 64bits was released few years ago. Then I don't understand why programmers don't incoded the primary codes to be compiled in 32bits with the (pre)-mind to recompiled it after in 64bits.

Was not a secret that LM make, trough the p3dv2 and v3 versions, the cleaning of basic code fsx to be able to recompile it in 64bits.

Pmdg with Carendo and some ones have plannings to do this evolution.

56 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Majestic charged for a V3 -> V4 upgrade as well... why don't you rant on about them, then?

Majestic has very fair pricing. Firstly up until P3Dv4 you didn't need to upgrade or repurchase from FSX, it was simply included in the licence without additional charge. Secondly, you do not need to repurchase for P3Dv4, you just pay the price difference.

That is very different from having to make a complete repurchase.

• Upvote 3

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I see we are hammering over old ground again 

This question has been answered many time before,  Please search the Forums  

Topic locked 

• Upvote 1