Sign in to follow this  
bmaik

white liveries and coexistence with VoxATC

1.I use PSXseecon together with WOAI and My Traffic aircraft. Depending on the viewing angle and the distance the liveries don't appear and the AI aircraft stay white. I still use FSX DX10 and I've read about problem of liveries not appearing in DX10, but so far never have experienced this problem. Is there any remedy? Any help appreciated.

2.I use VoxATC as my ATC addon which generates its own traffic. If I don't want VoxATC to stay entirely mute I must let VoX generate its own AI traffic as well and blend it with the live traffic. Will  live traffic recognize the VoxATC aircraft, ie not park an aircraft at a gate where a VOX aircraft is already docked and be removed for 30 seconds or so  if a VOX aircraft is taxiing opposite direction or will they collide? Will VoxATC on the other hand  respect the live traffic aircraft and not vector me in their taxi or flight path?

Thank you for your help.

draci

1.  Can't help you with that, except to suggest P3d, which is probably not an option for you or you already would have done that.

2. I actually tried this combo  (PSXseecon and VOXATC AI) at one point. In fact, I tried them with an early UTLive beta and MyT 6. To keep things somewhat sane, I used the FSUIPC traffic limiter. The good news is that as long as the traffic limits for each source are not too outrageous, all the AI aircraft more or less coexist. VOXATC AI aircraft do not follow a flight plan but rather the flight plan files from whatever source (MyT 6, AIG, WOAI, UT2- via UTBridge, Traffic 360, etc.) are used by VOXATC to populate the correct airlines and models within the user's reality bubble.

Unfortunately, the VOXATC ATC will only communicate with and control its own AI. The MyT 6 traffic is controlled by the sim. The UTL AI are controlled by UTL.  Communications with those AI aircraft are handled by the sim and they that is best left as disabled.The PSXseecon AI follow real life flight paths, but you can add a utility like LAAP which allows you to hear real life ATC streams that "talk" to the PSXseecon AI. One definite problem will be that the PSXseecon AI "real life" aircraft may not all have their ADS-B radios active while taxiing, so they just disappear.

Thank you jabloom for your informative post (actually my transition to P3D v4 64 bit is in progress but it's so hard to set up a system which is equally convenient my fsx setting which has developed for almost 20 years, not to speak of the problem that there is still no satisfactory solution for moving jetways in Prepar 3D v4, at least if the airport developers don't use SODE jetways and AES is not available, static jetways are a no go for me). But that would mean that for example in the departure sequence at the runway holding point if there are vox aircraft  waiting in front of an approaching live traffic aircraft that the live traffic aircraft would run into and pass all aircraft waiting before it, no? And it could be that the real airport uses a tailwind configuration while vox atc selects STARS and approaches according to wind direction resulting in opposite traffic to the same runway. Is that true or do I miss something? Would it be an alternative to use the floor parameter in PSXseecon and set it to 100ft to prevent live aircraft from actually landing, departing and taxiing and set the percentage parked to 0% to remove static live aircraft and simply use vox traffic on the ground and have the live traffic aircraft aloft (where Vox sky population is poor anyway)?

Your assessment of approach conflicts is correct. But by reducing the traffic limits in VOXATC (let's assume 10-15% rather than 40-50%) you shouldn't see too many conflicts. Keep in mind that your user aircraft with have the same issue with the live traffic AI. With a small amount of experimentation, one can achieve some level of coexistence.

The reason that I stopped using live AI traffic with VOXATC is that VOXATC works  flawlessly with AIG freeware models and traffic schedules. AIG stuff is tedious to set up initially, but once in place, nothing even comes close. 

22 hours ago, bmaik said:

Would it be an alternative to use the floor parameter in PSXseecon and set it to 100ft to prevent live aircraft from actually landing, departing and taxiing and set the percentage parked to 0% to remove static live aircraft ...

Just FYI: The floor altitude is alt above sea level, not above ground. So add the altitude of your airport if you want to be that precise (100 feet above ground).

Nico