Sign in to follow this  
tres2

Dear MCE management

Here is a paragraph which appears in the AVSIM review which was one of the first things to be seen in your promotional documentation

The demo is fully functional too, but is time limited. It will run either 20 times or for ten days, whichever happens first. After that, it will still work – after a fashion - but with greatly reduced capabilities.

This caused me to get almost no benefit out of the demo as it turned out I only had three days not 10 and I left it for two days. I just need to point out that this sort of leaves a bad taste in one's mouth and pretty much completely took away my chance see if MCE will be beneficial to my particular needs.

The thing is I do not have very good digital dexterity because I have multiple sclerosis and cannot use the mouse scroll wheel and I was hoping that it might be possible for MCE's verbal commands to enable me to bypass the need for the scroll wheel, thus making it possible for me to fly airplanes such as many of carenado's which have control knobs which are operated by the scroll wheel.

Now I won't be able to make a determination based on the demo anyway and instead of buying it, I bailed out.

So let me just ask you straight out; will MCEs library of VoiceCommands be such that I can do the job normally done by a mouse scroll wheel? If I could be convinced of this, I would not viw the price as prohibitive.

Tres

1 hour ago, tres2 said:

Here is a paragraph which appears in the AVSIM review which was one of the first things to be seen in your promotional documentation

The demo is fully functional too, but is time limited. It will run either 20 times or for ten days, whichever happens first. After that, it will still work – after a fashion - but with greatly reduced capabilities.

This caused me to get almost no benefit out of the demo as it turned out I only had three days not 10 and I left it for two days. I just need to point out that this sort of leaves a bad taste in one's mouth and pretty much completely took away my chance see if MCE will be beneficial to my particular needs.

The Avsim review was correct at the time of writing (I know that because it was me who wrote it), but it was also written getting on for a decade ago (2009) when MCE was a brand new product for FS2004 and FSX. MCE has been through a lot of changes since then, not the least of which is that it is now also available for XPlane and P3D, so it's not really the fault of FS++ that such an old review doesn't tally with their present demo limitations. I can certainly update the review if they feel like throwing me a copy of it lol. But more seriously...

Whether MCE can change a simulation function which is operated by scrolling a mouse wheel will to some extent depend on the particular aircraft and how its avionics function in the simulator, since MCE accesses the control functions of the flight simulator to change parameters and cannot (at least not without a patch) access custom avionics on cdertain add-ons, but as noted (depending on how easy it is to achieve and whether there is an SDK from a particular developer made available), it can access some custom controls too and regularly receives patches and updates to facilitate that, so it would be worthwhile to check on which aircraft are officially supported and which are not, and which functions can utilise the methodology you wish to use to control those functions. There is a list of officially supported aircraft here:

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

However, if an FS add-on aeroplane is not listed on that page, it does not necessarily mean it would not function with MCE, either fully or partially, and is probably more a case of FS++ not having tested it with every add-on aeroplane it is possible to have, since that would require them to buy every add-on!

So with that in mind, what you can certainly do, is let people know which FS add-on aeroplanes you would like to know it functions with, and I daresay someone who uses MCE who has that particular aeroplane would be able to help you to determine if it will do what you need. There is a pretty good chance that it will, MCE is very customisable and flexible, but obviously it will help you to know for sure if it works with your favourite FS aeroplane would be helpful.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

8 hours ago, tres2 said:

The thing is I do not have very good digital dexterity because I have multiple sclerosis and cannot use the mouse scroll wheel and I was hoping that it might be possible for MCE's verbal commands to enable me to bypass the need for the scroll wheel, thus making it possible for me to fly airplanes such as many of carenado's which have control knobs which are operated by the scroll wheel.

Now I won't be able to make a determination based on the demo anyway and instead of buying it, I bailed out.

So let me just ask you straight out; will MCEs library of VoiceCommands be such that I can do the job normally done by a mouse scroll wheel? If I could be convinced of this, I would not viw the price as prohibitive.

Tres

Hello Tres.

As Alan has stated, let us all know which Caranedo aircraft and which controls you are asking about. MCE supports all the native FSX/P3d/XP commands. Those commands being the "basic" commands. Any special switches, that are particular to the aircraft may not work "natively" and these require the MCE team to undertake a full integration. 

There are now some 41 fully supported add on aircraft. These permit full voice control of all flight deck controls. Not to mention the ability to add your own custom commands and flows.

So let us know what aircraft and which controls you want MCE to access. One things for sure, the competitor doesn't allow any native aircraft access at voice commands. Also, a one off purchase of MCE covers you for every integrated aircraft, both existing and future aircraft simulations. So you will only pay once!:cool:

Best regards.

11 hours ago, tres2 said:

Tres

Hi Tres

Sorry to hear your Demo didn't go smoothly.

We now realise that the Avsim review is doing more harm than good these days, because reading it you would think it's stuck in time, still uses TTS voices and cannot handle complex aircraft like PMDG, FSL, Aerosoft, Majestic and others.

In fact, these days, MCE is the only voice control package on the market able to handle aircraft that don't have SDKs like FsLabs A320, Aerosoft CRJ, just to name the most recent. Since 2011, we started providing human recorded voice packs. Currrently 10 of them are available. Use of TTS voices is now optional

We'd love to provide a 30 days Demo.

Unfortunately, with some flight simmers wiping their C: drive once a month and Windows installations becoming a breeze (apart from being time consuming), it's really not an option.

There is no way you can test MCE against the 41 complex aircraft it currently supports, even given a month. We have built this package over 11+ years.

Agree, we are completely rubbish at the commercial side. Could have spawned at least 50 products out of it.

MCE for PMDG QOTS II

MCE for PMDG 777

MCE for PMDG MD-11

MCE for FSL A320

MCE for Majestic Q400

MCE for QW 757

MCE for QW Bae146

MCE for iFly 747

MCE the native ATC extension

MCE the Radar contact ATC extension

MCE the PF3 ATC extension

MCE the GSX marriage edition

etc...

etc..

Instead, one single package, constantly refined, to establish itself, and remain, as the undisputed king of voice control simulation for all FS platforms. Period :tongue:

Ours is a fully interactive crew simulation. There is no "scripted adventure", whereby you're expected to fit in by reading manual and remembering when to step in (what to say and when told). That wouldn't be fun :smile: because that would be akin to "voice coercion", not "voice control" as we understand it.

Light aircraft from Carenado aren't considered worth multi-crewing. MCE treats them as default aircraft, and FO can control most of the items, without us doing anything special. As are supported most A2A aircraft.

It's mostly the heavies with huge overhead and complex auto-pilot panels that require custom interfacing.

Since the review came out, and to beat frustration, we had to learn as much as possible about how airplanes are built in FSX/P3D/FS9. The result, these days, we can interface pretty much any aircraft we set our sights on. With or without SDK. It's just that we can't interface them all at the same time.

Currently working on adding support for QW 787.

And yes, it will be welded into the existing Ultimate Edition package as a free update, when the competition doesn't even know where to start with this one, because there is no SDK with aircraft manufacturer giving you source code to copy and paste and then just plug your audio and spend your time being "creative with packaging". :smile:

If you have the Aerosoft Airbus A320/A321, be aware Aerosoft has licensed MCE for use with those 2 planes. We have provided a separate package that doesn't require activation. You could use it to test the quality of speech recognition.

Follow this link to download your copy.

11 hours ago, Chock said:

I can certainly update the review

More than welcome to do so Alan.

I have the impression you are thinking the review copy granted to Avsim for version 1 no longer applies to version 2.

In fact, every registered user that came on board when V1 was around is now still enjoying free update to V2.7

Version number for us is just a way to synchronize with user, when asking for support.

Just need to request the activation key.

You'll be astonished to see how much has changed since.

And yes, eagerly awaiting for the sequel.

You'll need lots of caffeine to get through this one.

2 minutes ago, FS++ said:

More than welcome to do so Alan.

I have the impression you are thinking the review copy granted to Avsim for version 1 no longer applies to version 2.

In fact, every registered user that came on board when V1 was around is now still enjoying free update to V2.7

Version number for us is just a way to synchronize with user, when asking for support.

Just need to request the activation key.

You'll be astonished to see how much has changed since.

And yes, eagerly awaiting for the sequel.

You'll need lots of caffeine to get through this one.

I'll have a word about re-doing the review for Avsim, it's probably about time it was tackled to reflect the differences in MCE these days now it works for XPlane and P3D as well.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I wouldn't think twice about buying MCE...Best add on I ever purchased for flight simulator...:biggrin:

Now, Tres, I have the Caranedo Phenom. I looked at it today with MCE. All the important/functional mouse wheel controls are working with the MCE first officer. In fact all the below as well as the usual, Gear and Flaps and spoilers;-

Mouse wheel operated ;-

Crs 1   "set nav one track xxx"

HD Sel  "Set heading xxx"

Alt Sel   "set altitude xxx"

Spd Sel  "set speed xxx"

Crs 2  "set nav 2 track xxx"

Buttons on Glare Shield...FD/Nav/HDG//AP/ALT/FLC/Approach. All working

Land lights+ switches on little overhead panel, all ok.

Regards

David

On 13.11.2017 at 1:50 AM, tres2 said:

Tres

Hi Tres,

just to give my 2 cents to this discussion and i do not want to bring in same technical aspects, but what definetly can be promissed from me to you is that MCE will bring your simming fun to the next level. From my point of view it is the number one add on (and I do have a punch of them) which cannot fly without. So give this wonderful piece of software a chance and you'll never regret your decision.

Heinz