Sign in to follow this  
1230james

PMDG DC-6 and the Simufly INS

Not sure if this belongs in the PMDG section or in here

Thinking about putting the Simufly CIVA INS in the PMDG DC-6 since the GPS makes life too easy, and choosing to fly radials is not something you do when you want to make life easy. (Although, one could argue that if I don't want easy then I should just fly VOR-to-VOR)

I wanted to know whether this would be possible in the DC-6, though, since the autopilot (laterally) follows either the turn knob or a radio beacon, and the Simufly CIVA INS unit typically works only when the autopilot is set to HDG mode. There are a few notable exceptions, but I'm pretty sure those planes were designed with INS integration planned; the DC-6 wasn't.

To answer my own question: It's impossible to install and use the Simufly CIVA INS in the PMDG DC-6; checking the aircraft.cfg file reveals that the autopilot has no HDG mode (which was to be expected; I don't know what I was thinking, lol).