Sign in to follow this  
capablanca

High quality voices crash vox.

As a recent convert to vox atc, I see many people are enjoying - Ivona, cereproc voices. I am unable to run the Ivona voices as I get the "FATAL ERRORetc"

and wonder "am i doing anything simply wrong" Advice will be well received, bearing in mind this has used up a lot of my time already and may have to settle for vanilla vox!

Specs - - VOX 7.41 (C), (works fine with vox pop voices without Ivona voices)  FSX GOLD on ssd (F)   4790K at 4.4 GHZ,(4 cores)    16mb RAM,   960gtx.

Downloaded IVONA voice - from harpo site (also tried "NAUNCE" and also downloads from "vision aid international" - (as free trial),All  Install fine, speaks in  voice config and assigned as controller. The install also adds "speech to go" on my (C) drive.

I hear the voice on initialization of vox    ,after running through the atis it gives me the "FATAL ERROR etc".Removing the voice reverts vox to working again.

LOG-  At start of log- 

Exception while initializing Asti : Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files (x86)\Internal Workings\VoxATC FSX\AstiInt.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified

I cannot find this file anywhere.

later in log - Exception while initializing iFlyInt : Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files (x86)\Speech2Go Voice Package\x86\iFly.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified

Funny one i havent got ifly.

Near end of log-

Aircraft exception Object reference not set to an instance of an object.    at com.intworkings.voxatc.Intention.Extract(String messStr, RadioMessage rm)

at com.intworkings.voxatc.RadioMessageImpl.ExtractItems(RadioMessage rmIn)

at com.intworkings.voxatc.RadioMessageImpl.AddPacket(RTPacket packet)

at com.intworkings.voxatc.CommunicatorBase.AddPacket(RTPacket packet)

at com.intworkings.voxatc.Pilot.Run()

at com.intworkings.voxatc.AIAircraft.Run()

at com.intworkings.voxatc.AircraftWorker.Run()

1769608 Ins Text set : FATAL ERROR! disable VoxATC

Funny thing - in previous crashes i came across missing files, - elevationsharp.dll and json  which the log flagged. I found those in vox atc folder and copied them to  the speech to go file which took care of that particular log file problem?

I was hoping that someone might see a solution or have an idea otherwise i will occasionally attempt to delve deeper than my current digital limitations:biggrin:

Update log when vox all functioning. - Log part 1 and 2 still occur but dosnt affect programme run.

Cheers

John

Edited by capablanca
more info

This is purely my opinion....I would go with Cereproc...believe they are 64bit compatible but you could try a couple. I wouldn't over load the voices in the vox sounds.. Make sure you install them AS Administrator. Ivona is just so expensive to buy and have been happy with Cereproc. Try Heather first..lol....nice and Stuart for that good old Scottish broque. :)

Good Luck, my 2 cents.

Bob M.

Bob M

Thank you Bob,

i had considered cereproc but I don't think there are any trial versions? 

Reluctant to spend 25 pounds plus unless I get some add on voice to work.

thanks again.

john

Update for others who may have problems adding voices?

Uninstalled VOX and Voxpop -reinstalled  only VOX and an adon ivona voice. - No Luck , all ok except "Fatal error etc"

Came across another trial download -CEPSTRAL, seems fine so far, functions in Vox atc in FSX. (hooray)

I think it could be the Ivona voices come with a speech/text pack which is downloaded as well, this is probably why the Cereproc works ok for you guys.

I think i can get the moths out of my wallet now:biggrin:

John

Get Heather....at least and Stuart got that nice Scottish Brogue....Scotland Forever :)

Bob M.

Bob M

Dont get me wrong, I love Scotland and the accent (when I can understand it), Unfortunately most of my contact with call centers seems to be a dialogue North of Hadrians wall so for a change I rather like Caitlin "to be sure".

Nah only joking trial is Duncan "this voice is not licensed" from Cepstral.

Have fun

Cheers

John

I've tested at least two voices from the following HQ payware packs:

Ivona

Cereproc

Nuance

and they all work correctly with VOXATC 7.41. The Nuance voices sound the most natural to me.

Thank you all,

In a nutshell

trial ivona downloads don't work as they are bundled with other stuff.

cepstral trial downloads do, but as they took so long to authorise my account I have downloaded from cereproc which work fine.

1 Scottish  1 Irish so far.  Ah cosmopolitan.

thank you again

john