Sign in to follow this  
tonymerry

Cannot install a livery in Majestic Dash 8

Being not too clever with pc's, I am having trouble installing the
> new purple livery for the Majestic Dash 8. I had Ron Atwood's excellent livery 
> installed in my FSX set up without any problems, but having invested 
> in a new p.c I have transferred to running P3Dv4 in W10. i Have downloaded 
> the file for P3Dv4 and put the script into the c:\Program 
> Files\Lockheed 
> Martin\Prepar3Dv$\simobjects\airplanes\mjc8q400\aircraft.cfg location, 
> but when I try to save it, I get a message"You do not have permission 
> to open this file, see the owner of the file or an administrator to 
> obtain permission". I am sure that out there are people a lot more competent with 
> p.c's and would be most grateful if someone could suggest a solution to 
> the problem, as I love the purple livery. Why Majestic haven't updated 
> the Flybe livery I do not know. 
> Thanks in anticipation..    Tony Merry 

Is your FSX install in C:\Program Files ( you said you had no problem with FSX), Windows 10 is a lot more picky about letting you do stuff in the C:\Program Files folder, especially if your not running the account not logged in as administrator. (that might be your problem). Best thing to do is reboot. You may just have a permission glitch and the reboot will clear it.

A lot of potential problems can be alleviated by not installing into C:\ Program Files,, just put P3D in it's own folder.  

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Tony,

Can you provide a link to the scenery that has a script?  I've not seen one for the Dash and would love to see it.

Many thanks.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Dave, I think "script" was a misnomer. I think he was trying to add the livery into the aircraft.cfg.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

As the painter, Tony got in touch with me and I told him to shove off!

Not really. :biggrin:

'Script' got me going too. I've asked him to disable UAC because what else is there that would stop him editing a .cfg? Nuffin!

Tony, tell me you unzipped the folder.

@Dave. Here's the paint in question LINK

It the same on AVSIM

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

LOL, thanks brother Ron!

I have to say that I've long had and love that livery, and didn't realize you were the one who painted it!  Thanks, great work Ron!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

You haven't had mine for long, I only did it a month ago. It IS different though, as it's based in Scotland somewhere it is plastered with thistles! Looks nice. :)

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

28 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

You haven't had mine for long, I only did it a month ago. It IS different though, as it's based in Scotland somewhere it is plastered with thistles! Looks nice. :)

Ah, I was thinking it was the one that's been available for quite some time.  I'm looking forward to checking it out!

Dave Hodges

@Ron,

Thanks for giving TonnyMerry a hand.

Cheers

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Dave Hodges

This is a windows 10 issue.  I ran into this with FSX:SE.  I had to completely uninstall FSX, and run the installer as an administrator.

you can try going into the specific folders and changing the owner to your profile. That may solve the problem, but it did not work in my case.

Thanks for all the advice guys. Yes, sorry about using the term "script" I was putting the wording as per Ron's instructions into the cfg file. Having spent the last 3 months setting everything up into P3Dv4,  and having tried all the various suggestions without success, I am not going to reboot,or reinstall P3D, at this time, for the sake of one livery.

I have a contact who is a P.C wizard, so will invoke his expertise at some point.

Thanks again   Tony Merry