Sign in to follow this  
ashepherd316

Fly Tampa Installers p3dv4

On 11/13/2017 at 3:54 PM, kenthom said:

I use it in P3Dv4.1 just fine.  I agree with Milton.  Really looking forward to KLAS, KATL and KBOS.  

Can you share how you do this?  I am lost when it comes to that.  I have FSDT which creates an external add on folder....which works like a champ.  

FlyTampa had the good taste to release quick and easy fixes for all their sceneries free of charge for all "upgraders" to P3Dv4, this is not the case of a number of other developers (scenery or airplane) who did not hesitate to charge either a partial fee or a full charge for a P3Dv4 update (and those do have P3Dv4 installers...!).

There are times when we ought to demonstrate some gratefulness for what comes free and use a limited tiny effort to move a file to a folder!

Enjoy a happy festive season!

• Upvote 3

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

1 hour ago, Bernard Ducret said:

FlyTampa had the good taste to release quick and easy fixes for all their sceneries free of charge for all "upgraders" to P3Dv4, this is not the case of a number of other developers (scenery or airplane) who did not hesitate to charge either a partial fee or a full charge for a P3Dv4 update (and those do have P3Dv4 installers...!).

There are times when we ought to demonstrate some gratefulness for what comes free and use a limited tiny effort to move a file to a folder!

Enjoy a happy festive season!

I fully agree with you on this one. FT compared to many other developers is always very quick to address any issues be it compatibility issues or any other issues reported to them. This is truly great service!

However I stand by saying that I do think it would be nice if they once a product has "matured" after x amount of fixes have been released would make what is usually referred to as a "service pack" where they have included all the required fixes into one simple package that can be installed on top of your current version.

Or even better update the installer to include the required fixes. That should not be too much work to replace the required files in the installer that users are now asked to search for, download and install/replace manually.

This way, people could choose if they want the quickest possible fix for a certain issue which would then require to do some manual work or if they would rather wait a bit longer but instead get a fully automated way applying the fixes.

Happy New Year 2018 to everyone !!

• Upvote 1

Richard Åsberg

Flightbeam and FSDT, FlyTampa among a few were very generous, and did not re package them and call them "Professional".

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

3 minutes ago, ZKOKQ said:

Flightbeam and FSDT, FlyTampa among a few were very generous, and did not re package them and call them "Professional".

Yep, if I get to choose between an already excellent FT product which requires some free fixes to be applied or a so called professional version I have to pay for marketed as a brand new product but in the end looking and performing very similar to the old version I will pick the FT product 10 times out of 10.

• Upvote 1

Richard Åsberg

Common the steps to follow to make each airport P3DV4 compatible can be done even via a simple script, there is no excuse (apart from laziness) why this cannot be done via a simple installer.

Simbol 

• Upvote 3