Sign in to follow this  
GeoSkyman

PMDG 737 NGX P3D 4.1

Hi, please help me solv a problem with pmdg witch happened without I did anything.

Usually while I Load a flight with pmdg 737-800 before the scenario is ready the pmdg system was loading counting anti clockwise from probably 16,15,14 until the systems loaded. Now is not happening and the pmdg 737 instruments has no electrical power, not functioning while in cold and dark stage. Starting the APU but no lights.

i can not access the fmc 

please help me

Geo

Hi Geo, please not PMDG asks that we sign with our full name in their forums.

If the 20 sec countdown is not happening then the aircraft is not initialized and it is unusable.  This might be due to something (such as AV) blocking the operation, or turning off the FlexNet services.  In Win10, click on the start button and type 'service' and select the Services desktop app.  Verify that your FlexNet service is running.  I think PMDG recommends the service be set to Manual startup although mine works just fine with Automatic setting.

If this is not your problem then you should submit a trouble ticket at PMDG Product Support here: http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi and thank you so much for your support. Finally the problem is solved.

The problem was due to a block from Avast antivirus software.

I arrange exclusions to program files and now everything is working great without any changes to win 10 FlexNet services.

Thank you so much

4 minutes ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

The problem was due to a block from Avast antivirus software.

The fact that this does not at all surprise me, and this is becoming an increasingly large problem is both disheartening and entirely frustrating.

These programs are turning into the very thing that they're meant to combat...

Kyle Rodgers

18 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

The fact that this does not at all surprise me, and this is becoming an increasingly large problem is both disheartening and entirely frustrating.

These programs are turning into the very thing that they're meant to combat...

I agree. I now have turn off Avast before flying otherwise a number of applications won't work, including Active Sky. Never noticed anything with PMDG, though. Strange that the same anti-virus software can be inconsistant like that.

Just now, andreh said:

I agree. I now have turn off Avast before flying otherwise a number of applications won't work, including Active Sky. Never noticed anything with PMDG, though. Strange that the same software can be inconsistant like that.

To be honest, most antivirus programs are just awful, and will get in the way seemingly at random (perhaps as their definitions are updated). I use Win Defender only, and even then, I've set a bunch of exclusions (which is the proper way to restrict them - turning AV 'off' in the past few years has yielded little to no actual results in terms of program functionality in many cases, as the AV program is still actively doing things, paradoxically).

Kyle Rodgers

Hi, I agree with this. If you turn off avast do you think is possible that it infects 

performance of p3d although?

Just now, georgiosgiannoukos said:

Hi, I agree with this. If you turn off avast do you think is possible that it infects 

performance of p3d although?

Not as much as fully excluding the P3D directory from active scanning would.

As I've mentioned a couple times, I'd just remove the program entirely. It adds little to no value while ruining program function, and performance.

Kyle Rodgers