Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Is Yaw Damper engaged somehow?

Upon landing in this bird I basically don't have any rudder authority, even on final actually, with AP off.  Anyone else notice this?  It's like a bug where this is a hidden YD engaged (which usually happens in their larger planes, but you can disengage the YD with a button).  There is no button YD on the AP in the mooney.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I have the opposite problem... squirrelly with my CH pedals.  Did you try the CTRL+D command to enable/disable a yaw damper?

Greg

Ryan, I have the same happening.. it is a bug.

Edit: But in my mod package, I have removed the reference to yaw damper in the autopilot code, which fixes it..

• Upvote 1

Bert

Yeah Alabeo did respond right away and they know it's bugged now.

I'll get to installing your mod Bert.  I've been tinkering for two hours with the GTN mods lol!

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hi guys,

I have the same problem and I'm glad I found a sollution here, but...... as a total no-no on computers etc. can you tell me where I can find this "mod package" pleaso so I can remove this bug on this otherwise great Alabeo plane.

Thanks in advance,

Eddy

PS: 

Bert Pieke sounds like a Belgian or Dutch name, am I right? :-) I'm from Belgium but live in Holland

Doesn't simply disabling the yaw damper in the cfg file fix this issue?

yaw_damper_gain = 0  (instead of 0.1)

15 hours ago, J35OE said:

Doesn't simply disabling the yaw damper in the cfg file fix this issue?

yaw_damper_gain = 0  (instead of 0.1)

Possibly.. try it!

Bert

16 hours ago, Flying Tiger said:

Hi guys,

I have the same problem and I'm glad I found a sollution here, but...... as a total no-no on computers etc. can you tell me where I can find this "mod package" pleaso so I can remove this bug on this otherwise great Alabeo plane.

Thanks in advance,

Eddy

PS: 

Bert Pieke sounds like a Belgian or Dutch name, am I right? :-) I'm from Belgium but live in Holland

Send me a PM with your email address, requesting the latest M20 mods.

Yes, I was born in Holland, but live in Canada.  :happy:

Bert

4 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Possibly.. try it!

Don't want to download, reinstall and uninstall just to test this issue.

It will definitely cure the yaw damper problem as the 0.1 setting doesn't have any effect on the FDE, my question was more related it it affects the cockpit indications. 

Just now, J35OE said:

It will definitely cure the yaw damper problem as the 0.1 setting doesn't have any effect on the FDE, my question was more related it it affects the cockpit indications. 

The cockpit indications are dummy indications,  totally separate from the yaw damper in P3D.

Bert

3 minutes ago, J35OE said:

Don't want to download, reinstall and uninstall just to test this issue.

If you want to change the aircraft.cfg file, you can just edit it with Notepad.. not sure what reinstall you are referring to..

Bert

I don't have the Mooney installed and I don't want to reinstall it just to test the yaw damper cockpit indications.

Yep same issue with me. I have rudder authority on take off and climb, it's not until I've disengaged the AP prior to and on landing when I lose rudder authority.

8 hours ago, mattdee said:

Yep same issue with me. I have rudder authority on take off and climb, it's not until I've disengaged the AP prior to and on landing when I lose rudder authority.

It is a bug in the autopilot code..

Bert