Sign in to follow this  
Dane Watson

FSX-SE no longer compatible with Windows 10

1 hour ago, EmpireKicking said:

there was an short update form me today. It was working before and now it wasn't :( 

So what is your version (go to search>type win... and look up and click on Windows Update Settings.  Once open, look on right side and click on OS Build Info).

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

1 hour ago, Jim Young said:

So what is your version (go to search>type win... and look up and click on Windows Update Settings.  Once open, look on right side and click on OS Build Info).

I did an full install and it's all working! Just that when I load up active skys with the game open it crashes FSX

16 minutes ago, EmpireKicking said:

I did an full install and it's all working! Just that when I load up active skys with the game open it crashes FSX

What is your OS version Windows 10 1709 OS build XXXXX.XXX

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3374/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II/RTX 4060/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

Good news reinstalled all the 1709 updates and FSX-SE is working with no problems except for one.  All of my FSDT scenery were a mess with lack of buildings etc.  Ran the FSDT Live Update and some came back to life; however,Louisville did not.  Prior to using 1709 and roll back to 1706 all FSDT worked with no problems. Plan to use the control panel and uninstall Louisville. Should the add-on manger also be uninstalled and then a re-install?.

At least happy that FSX-Se is now working.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

10 hours ago, ctiger said:

Good news reinstalled all the 1709 updates and FSX-SE is working with no problems except for one.  All of my FSDT scenery were a mess with lack of buildings etc.  Ran the FSDT Live Update and some came back to life; however,Louisville did not.  Prior to using 1709 and roll back to 1706 all FSDT worked with no problems. Plan to use the control panel and uninstall Louisville. Should the add-on manger also be uninstalled and then a re-install?.

At least happy that FSX-Se is now working.

I did an full install of my FSX! And that did the job, I think one of the files was crapped itself. The funnest part that my B757 requires standalone add-on manager for the gauge to work! Well I install the aircraft loading the game without the manger and it worked

At long last, just before I gave up hope of seeing my wife again, I've got the 1709 update 16299.125 build installed. At first glance the errors from the drop down menu are gone, and it appears it will fly FSX:SE, I'm far to knackered now to fly ... I've run out of hours. 

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 3:25 PM, thecanarian said:

At long last, just before I gave up hope of seeing my wife again, I've got the 1709 update 16299.125 build installed. At first glance the errors from the drop down menu are gone, and it appears it will fly FSX:SE, I'm far to knackered now to fly ... I've run out of hours. 

However .... I've just spent over 90 mins with an agent from MS to try and fix why none of my internet browsers (4) would connect to either Google or Bing ... so I've rolled it back to 1703 ... again.

3 hours ago, thecanarian said:

I've just spent over 90 mins with an agent from MS to try and fix why none of my internet browsers (4) would connect to either Google or Bing

Is there a reason for four (4) Internet browsers?  I have Firefox 64 bit and it connects to Google and Bing without issues.  I refuse to use Edge as it has broken things in the past and have a feeling the Techs who work on Edge are having issues trying to keep up with the code thrown at them by other techs in other sections of Microsoft.  If you have four browsers broken though and no one else is indicating they are having issues with their browsers since 1709's latest update, I think you might be having issues with your firewall, your ISP, your anti-malware/virus program, and/or something on your computer system.  Moving back to 1703 only fixed the problem temporarily as a refresh of Windows 10 fixes a lot of things.  The fact you had FSX-SE running for hours indicates one browser was working after you updated.  I would suspect if you went back to 1709 and the latest update, your issue(s) would be fixed.  I hope you find a fix soon though!

I had major problems with my Nvidia display drivers after installing 1703 and it continued with 1709.  I couldn't set up a display driver profile, couldn't use the Nvidia Inspector, and I could not update the drivers.  Total corruption of my user permissions and how that happened is beyond my mental abilities (okay, I did mess around with some permissions to try to get FSX working).  I ran the System File Checker as recommended in the AVSIM CTD Guide on page 14 and it found nothing wrong but after running the Windows 7, 8, 10 Repair Program as described on page 21 of the Guide (in Safe Mode) my problem was suddenly fixed.  All of those other silly things recommended by many on the Internet to download an install this Russian Display Driver Uninstall program and other measures to fix my drivers did not work.  There is a possibility it will fix your problems with your four browsers.  The link to the guide (which also has links to these repair sites) is in my signature.  I am still trying to get the link to the CTD Guide fixed under Hot Spots on the side of this forum.  That's difficult to do over Christmas and New Year Eve activities.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

7 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Is there a reason for four (4) Internet browsers?  I have Firefox 64 bit and it connects to Google and Bing without issues.  I refuse to use Edge as it has broken things in the past and have a feeling the Techs who work on Edge are having issues trying to keep up with the code thrown at them by other techs in other sections of Microsoft.  If you have four browsers broken though and no one else is indicating they are having issues with their browsers since 1709's latest update, I think you might be having issues with your firewall, your ISP, your anti-malware/virus program, and/or something on your computer system.  Moving back to 1703 only fixed the problem temporarily as a refresh of Windows 10 fixes a lot of things.  The fact you had FSX-SE running for hours indicates one browser was working after you updated.  I would suspect if you went back to 1709 and the latest update, your issue(s) would be fixed.  I hope you find a fix soon though!

I had major problems with my Nvidia display drivers after installing 1703 and it continued with 1709.  I couldn't set up a display driver profile, couldn't use the Nvidia Inspector, and I could not update the drivers.  Total corruption of my user permissions and how that happened is beyond my mental abilities (okay, I did mess around with some permissions to try to get FSX working).  I ran the System File Checker as recommended in the AVSIM CTD Guide on page 14 and it found nothing wrong but after running the Windows 7, 8, 10 Repair Program as described on page 21 of the Guide (in Safe Mode) my problem was suddenly fixed.  All of those other silly things recommended by many on the Internet to download an install this Russian Display Driver Uninstall program and other measures to fix my drivers did not work.  There is a possibility it will fix your problems with your four browsers.  The link to the guide (which also has links to these repair sites) is in my signature.  I am still trying to get the link to the CTD Guide fixed under Hot Spots on the side of this forum.  That's difficult to do over Christmas and New Year Eve activities.

Best regards,

Jim

Hi Jim, what is your Averagw Frame Rate, with your System?

Regards.

6 minutes ago, Dio said:

Hi Jim, what is your Averagw Frame Rate, with your System?

Regards.

It varies depending on the scenario.  Here's a flight from T2G KSTL to Dallas with photoscenery, the PMDG 738, and FSX real weather as shown by the FSUIPC monitor:

*** FSUIPC log file being closed
Minimum frame rate was 13.4 fps, Maximum was 119.0 fps
Minimum available memory recorded was 1168Mb
Average frame rate for running time of 4168 secs = 34.0 fps
G3D fix: Passes 143962, Null pointers 0, Bad pointers 0, Separate instances 0
Maximum AI traffic for session was 261 aircraft

Another one from FlightBeam KSFO to Orbx KSAN, FSX real weather, PMDG738

*** FSUIPC log file being closed
Minimum frame rate was 11.0 fps, Maximum was 89.5 fps
Minimum available memory recorded was 309Mb
Average frame rate for running time of 3164 secs = 28.4 fps
G3D fix: Passes 556509, Null pointers 0, Bad pointers 18, Separate instances 6
Maximum AI traffic for session was 294 aircraft

In both cases, the flights were smooth and I was shocked when I saw the minimum FPS of 13 and 11.  So, between those two flights my average was been 28 and 34 fps.  Looking at some other reports, the average of 34 fps showed up the most but fluctuated from the 10 fps and a high in the 100s.

Submit News to AVSIM

Creators 1709 update and Nvidia inspector

I updated and retrograded my windows10 1703 twice before I decided to stay with
the creators 1709 version.The main reason of rolling back was the Nvidia driver issue with 
this last Creators update. Even if I have excluded driver updates when updating Windows 10,
the NV driver uninstall information was not in the control panel nor I could control any 
Antialiasing or Filter setting with the NvidiaprofilInspector for FSX & FS9 in fullscreen mode.

After completely uninstalling all Nv drivers with ddu and the device manager and reinstalling the latest
Nv driver (388.43) it was still not working.

By google searching I came across to this incredible solution for the Nvprofile setting:
see link :

https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=62072 .

Re.this topic the profile settings in your FSX Inspector profile you will see a setting called "Antialiasing compatibility."

Set that to "0x004412C1 (Diablo III)" . It seems that this is true for many games!!

And now on my PC, NI profiles work as expected in fullscreen and windows mode fore FSX-SE and FS9
in DX9 mode. It should also work in DX10 mode. (see picture)

It's just unbeleavable; how windows 10 users must know things like this, a kind of swiss knife!

Jean

Hi, well I have been playing around with FSX again now that Microsoft have "Fixed it" and no more Child window errors :biggrin: however I was just looking at configuring some settings and I was running resource Monitor and it appears that FSX is now running all 8C/16T not sure if it was doing this before the "fix" or not though, anyhow it is running smoothly again now and I have just grabbed a couple of new GA aircraft to fanny about in.

Cheers.