Have to revert on this, sometimes it start sometimes not.
If it starts and after aircraft is ready and close MCE, its impossible to start again without restarting my pc.

I have to do multiple click on the mce.exe to make it start..

Also tested the other *.exe files in Multi crew folder and everyone works expect from xpwiz.exe It turn up from a very short periode in task manager for then to disappear.

Same result with antivirus turned off 

Edit:

Installed Norton security and re install, now everything seem to work..

Svein T

Edited by Olmba

15 hours ago, Olmba said:

If it starts and after aircraft is ready and close MCE, its impossible to start again without restarting my pc.

Also tested the other *.exe files in Multi crew folder and everyone works expect from xpwiz.exe It turn up from a very short periode in task manager for then to disappear.

Edit:

Svein T

I can only think of manually overriding folders permission causing it.

These days, with Windows 10, it's best to leave everything in default settings, UAC enabled, and just set the programs executables to run as admin.

Much safer than disabling UAC or changing permissions.

Those permissions are mostly useful to systems administrators who know what they are doing. It allows them to put restrictions on employees in a corporate environment. Like whether they can create a file here or there, whether other users are allowed to see, edit or delete those files, etc...

It's really not worth the trouble.

I have this same problem.  About one in 10 times it launches, otherwise no.  If I try to kill the process, it says that the process is not running.  The wizard also will not run. I have tried all of the steps above.  I uninstalled and reinstalled MCE to the default folder, gave the folder full permission, excluded it from the antivirus (also tried with Defender off), and ensured that UCE is at the default level.

Edit: I just reinstalled MCE with Windows Defender off.  So far it has successfully launched 5 times, so it seems to be working.

Edited by MarkSC

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 10:27 PM, Olmba said:

Edit:

Svein T

It appears an earlier uploaded package (V2.7.5.9) was flawed. Some users have reported similar issues with it via e-mail.

Now reverted to V2.7.58.

Use this direct download link

It does happen every now and then with all those endless updates.

Sorry about that.

• Like 1