Sign in to follow this  
R Smith

Problems with ORBX.

Hi all.

I've got an annoying problem with my ORBX vector, the Thames river in London is an absolute mess with what appers to be mountains and huge holes in the water and water at the docks missing altogether.

I've tried disabling all addons apart from ORBX Base pack and vector and it's still a mess, reinstals even a Scenery.cfg file they sent me and nothing works, has anybody else seen this issue and knows a solution? so far the only thing that works for sure is turning off vector which isn't really an option.

I'm trying to add pictures but i cant find the attachments option. :(

Richard Smith

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Ah that's why I can't find the attachments button, however after a week of trouble shooting ORBX have just told me that this is a known bug with Vector and but they wont be fixxing it as "Simulator river have bumps in them anyway.." but when i turn off Vector and go to the default terrain its flat and correct?!

Apparently It's fixed if I buy FTX England.....

Richard Smith

Wow "known bug with Vector and they wont be fixing it". Thanks for your post I was thinking of buying Vector but now changed my mind.

That's not how they said it, I was annoyed when i typed that and it's wrong, i as under the impression that since it as a "Problem that should have been fixed years ago" It wouldn't get sorted anytime soon if ever, what they said was.

Hello,

Please do not spend any more time on this.

You will not be able to fix this, I now know that the fault is with Vector and this should have been corrected years ago.

If you run FTX Central, it should correct the errors that you have introduced into the terrain.cfg file.

I will try and see if the Vector developers can do anything but their previous answer to the same question has been that rivers

have bumps in them in the simulators. 

I you were to add FTX England, this problem is not there, mainly because FTX Vector is excluded from

England and the England developers recognised the problem and solved it, as did the Microsoft developers

before them.

I was told that the developers would be asked to look into it, I'm still waiting on a reply on this.

Richard Smith

I was told that the developers would be asked to look into it, I'm still waiting on a reply on this.

Update, I've been told that the ORBX developers have been asked for a review of Vector and for a progress report, this is a step in the right direction and I hope the issue will be fixed.

I just regret the lengths I've had to go to get this far but I know my rights as a consumer and will pursue this until my purchase is working as intended, these are great products and i still intend to purchase more in the future.

Richard Smith

I had an issue with houses in the middle of the Susquehanna river in Harrisburg next to the International airport. I finally just removed Vector and everything is fine there now and the neighbors have stopped complaining about all the water in their living rooms and cars. :blink:

50 minutes ago, topcat_1952 said:

I had an issue with houses in the middle of the Susquehanna river in Harrisburg next to the International airport. I finally just removed Vector and everything is fine there now and the neighbors have stopped complaining about all the water in their living rooms and cars. :blink:

I had a similar thing with London city Airport, fixed it by turning off the frozen lakes option in Vector.

Richard Smith

Hi all, I’m having a real problem with FTX central. Whenever I attempt to download EU England, it gets so far into the download and then stops and asks be if I want to retry the download? Is this something to do with the fact that I’m using FSX steam edition or is it something else?

many thanks in advance. 

Brad 

No its works fine for steam, you might have a bad internet connection, reset your router and try it again.

Richard Smith

41 minutes ago, HarvettBradford said:

Would someone please fix KDEN so i can get on whit my life...?

Ok consider it fixed:happy:

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg