Sign in to follow this  
Guest JustanotherPilot

Windows 10 Patch Today?

Does anyone know the number of the update in question?  I'm seeing quite a few updates in the list.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Watching this thread... fingers crossed. 

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

On 22/10/2017 at 7:43 AM, JustanotherPilot said:

Just under a month before we get a fix......Can't believe it's taken MS so long for this fix

Quite fast actually, consider this, sometimes security engineers discover serious faults with the OS that could allow hackers to take over your PC, they notify MS and it can take them up to 3 to 6 months to release the patch.

Simbol 

KB4048955 I believe. Don't know if it fixed anything yet, have not started FSX as of yet.

I downloaded  the update KB4048955 ...I fly 4 hrs now from PHNL to NZAA, and I have no problem so far..

addons: ASP4, FS Real Time , Navigraph, My Traffic Professional, PMDG 777x , FSUIPC5, Super Traffic Board, EditVoicepackXL, VFX Central, Reborn Lights, PTA, ChasePlane !

On 10/24/2017 at 11:18 PM, udidwht said:

Unfortunately the issue wasn't just limited to P3D users. The update that caused the issue was wide spread.

You can say that again!  Weird security and other issues with many add-ons.

3 hours ago, Ineust said:

New update didn´t bring ANY fixes to this issue!!!!! I just installed it and same issues in FSX!!!! 

Regards 

Ingo

Be sure to delete your FSX.CFG, that may make a difference for you.

I have to say, so far so good.  Issues that I was having with TrackIr, FPS dipping into the teens and loss of communication (SimConnect) between my networked PC's seem to have been resolved.  The sim appears to be running as smooth as it was before.

\Robert Hamlich/

Todays Windows update has not fixed the problem. It has eliminated the crash on 100% load but the child window error message is present as you enter the cockpit. Also, when I selected Scenario - Reset, I got about 10 or more Child Window error messages followed by a lock up. Absolutely never had this before that infamous Windows update.

So no, the MS update of today has done nothing to cure 32 bit P3D versions and the program remains highly unstable and as far as I am concerned, unusable. Over on LM’s forum, also very negative reports on this fix. 

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

I have to say, it turned all of my sims into a stuttering nightmare. I didn't seem to have any of the issues from the original iteration of 1709 but this update has killed my system for some unknown reason. P3D, XP11, DCS & Falcon BMS all now have issues which seem to be from panning the views with TIR. Guess it's time to start dancing again. :blink:

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

1 minute ago, Pivot said:

I have to say, it turned all of my sims into a stuttering nightmare. I didn't seem to have any of the issues from the original iteration of 1709 but this update has killed my system for some unknown reason. P3D, XP11, DCS & Falcon BMS all now have issues which seem to be from panning the views with TIR. Guess it's time to start dancing again. :blink:

Are you running Nvidia's 388.13 drivers in conjunction with a GPU monitoring tool? There's apparently an on-going issue;

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1027519/geforce-drivers/official-388-13-game-ready-whql-display-driver-feedback-thread-released-10-30-17-/post/5234030/#5234030

"-Using power monitoring in GPU monitoring tool causes FPS microstutter"

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

2 hours ago, Sethos1988 said:

Are you running Nvidia's 388.13 drivers in conjunction with a GPU monitoring tool? There's apparently an on-going issue;

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1027519/geforce-drivers/official-388-13-game-ready-whql-display-driver-feedback-thread-released-10-30-17-/post/5234030/#5234030

"-Using power monitoring in GPU monitoring tool causes FPS microstutter"

I don't think I have upgraded to the 388 driver yet but will check after work. I don't have any GPU monitoring app running. All of these were buttery smooth, except for a hiccup here and there with weather apps running in the civi's. Now it almost vibrates when I change my view. I may need to check to assure Windblows didn't make some driver changes of it's own. I noticed it had several updates in the listing. We'll get her back online, even if it requires the o'l format C: command..

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

Prepar3d 4.1 and x-plane 11.05 working flawlessly here, just as they did before the updates. I'm using Nvidia v385.69.

5 minutes ago, tooting said:

Did they fix the issue of programs not shutting down and still being open after restarts as below

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/stop-auto-reopen-programs-restart-windows-10/

Well, it's not actually a bug but an intended function.

Check out the comment thread where people have a discussion on the subject and add some ways of getting around it. The one in the OP doesn't solve it, you need to add a separate 'hard' shutdown for it to not happen.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/7cvkx3/your_pc_doesnt_actually_shut_down_by_default_with/

Microsoft really has some funny ideas on what the consumer wants.

These options should do a hard shutdown and prevent it from happening;

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/stop-auto-reopen-programs-restart-windows-10/

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB