Sign in to follow this  
Guest JustanotherPilot

Windows 10 Patch Today?

Guest JustanotherPilot

UPDATE from LM over at the Prepar3D Forums

"Microsoft will include a fix for this issue in a Windows 10 update scheduled for release around November 14th. This issue was caused due to a bug introduced in the KB4038788 update. This issue is specific to 32-bit applications which is why Prepar3D v4 was unaffected by this update."

-From Rob McCarthy

Just under a month before we get a fix......Can't believe it's taken MS so long for this fix

It doesn't take them that long to fix it: it has been fixed already. It just takes that long because the fix is part of the monthly Windows update. 

Guest JustanotherPilot
1 hour ago, J van E said:

It doesn't take them that long to fix it: it has been fixed already. It just takes that long because the fix is part of the monthly Windows update. 

Have to disagree, problem first surfaced early September, fix or patch was excluded from Creators update and with a now  expected Week 2  November release. Given the vast numbers of Users affected and LM continual liason with MS, I would think a fix should have been available outside of the monthly updates as a priority.

Have to disagree, problem first surfaced early September, fix or patch was excluded from Creators update and with a now  expected Week 2  November release. Given the vast numbers of Users affected and LM continual liason with MS, I would think a fix should have been available outside of the monthly updates as a priority.

I guess you may underestimate who the really important customers for MS are. It's not the home users - it's business customers, large companies with volume contracts. That would be what I would call a vast majority... Everything that affects them has priority over anything else. So, if no major business customer has complained we can be happy if MS fixes this issue still this year.

Regards
Frank

My personal priority 1 wish is having a fix. Time when the fix will be available for me is secondary. And I am happy to hear that MS is announcing having taken attention to this matter, figured out the problem and being willingness to provide a patch to cure the problem.

Andreas Furger

On 10/22/2017 at 2:45 AM, mdata said:

I guess you may underestimate who the really important customers for MS are. It's not the home users - it's business customers, large companies with volume contracts. That would be what I would call a vast majority... Everything that affects them has priority over anything else. So, if no major business customer has complained we can be happy if MS fixes this issue still this year.

Regards
Frank

Unfortunately the issue wasn't just limited to P3D users. The update that caused the issue was wide spread.

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3296/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi/RTX 4060ti/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

Was a patch released today as expected to fix the issues with P3D caused by windows 10 update 1709?

Curious to hear how it plays with P3D if so.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

42 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Was a patch released today as expected to fix the issues with P3D caused by windows 10 update 1709?

Curious to hear how it plays with P3D if so.

Haven't seen one yet. It's usually on the first Tuesday of the month. Could be wrong though.

Second Tuesday actually.  My PC was updated about an hour ago.

\Robert Hamlich/

I just received the patch.  An hour ago it wasn't there, but now it is.

New update didn´t bring ANY fixes to this issue!!!!! I just installed it and same issues in FSX!!!! 

Regards 

Ingo

On 22/10/2017 at 4:45 AM, mdata said:

Regards
Frank

The really important customers, being enterprise, are not using Windows 10. They're still using Windows 7.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

After de update is everything working 100%. No more strange messages with FSX

6 minutes ago, Lenny777 said:

The really important customers, being enterprise, are not using Windows 10. They're still using Windows 7.

May still be true for many if not most of the enterprise customers. Bust as luck would have it, the company I am working for (+100k employees) is currently undergoing the Windows 10 migration. And I must say, that in the office area this is going surprisingly well. As for machines with specific software or machines controlling other hardware this is of course more delicate, but possible and of course more pricey.