Sign in to follow this  
alhefner

Just for fun! Would love the ultimate "redneck" airline and aircraft.

It's been a "thought" for some time and I simply do not have the skills to do it or, I would! I envision the ultimate redneck airline with matching aircraft. The picture in my mind includes total backwoods/ swamp dweller, crew and airline name. As for the aircraft, tons of duct tape and bailing wire holding things together, obvious air frame patches, perhaps even a huge jet engine tied/ duct taped onto the top of the fuselage of some older propeller passenger aircraft.

Sometimes, my mind goes to strange places without me...

Well...Southwest Airlines was founded in Texas. 

:biggrin:

• Upvote 2

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

The C-119 Flying Boxcar has a jet engine strapped to it :happy: . Should be a good start for a redneck airline .

Or base it on Eddie's airlines.. :laugh:.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

It doesn't get more Redneck then the Red Green Show:

Matthew Kane

You get someone to make the aircraft and I will create the home base if you will, complete with mobile home terminal, outhouses, broken down cars everywhere, and of course a Wal Mart just outside the airport! 😁

• Upvote 1

How about adding some bullet holes peppering the texture of whichever aircraft you use?.....

"Is that Crazy Walt down there?"

"Yup.."

Hooo-eee!! Y'all hold ma beer 'n watch this. It'll be a hoot..."

Seconds later.. amidst several shotgun blasts...

"Well dadgum!! Crazy Walt sure is an ornery old bugger this time of year!" Think he only got part of the rudder...."

"HEY WALT!!.. Ya'll better watch your step less'n I duct tape a pair o' .50 cals to this sucker!!"

Apologies for blatant stereotyping of the redneck and its accents. :blush:

• Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Fundermotz Airlines! North Carolina's premier commuter service, with non-stop service from Bunn Level to Lizard Lick. As our jingle says "Fundermotz Airlines, you won't even know you've left the ground, 'cause you're not. Fundermotz!

Pat Patterson was a DJ at WKIX in Raleigh, North Carolina from 1969 to 1974 and was one of the funniest DJ's ever to grace AM radio!

http://www.city-data.com/forum/raleigh-durham-chapel-hill-cary/1341774-wkix-am-850-radio-off-air-2.html

More here: http://www.therealpatpatterson.com/?page_id=17

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The pilot would have to wear a pair of coveralls with no shirt on under them and some boots.  Maybe a Bass Pro Shops hat.  A mullet and a weeks worth of facial hair would round out the official look.  I am thinking something like Daisy off The Dukes of Hazard for the stewardess.  Either that or some woman in a housecoat, slippers, hair in rollers and a cigarette hanging out of her mouth.  😭. Ground support equipment would be an old rusted out pickup with a couple 55 gallon drums of fuel in the back and a siphon hose.

• Upvote 1

You could have Scuzz Twittly playing on a radio in the hangar.... unless that going a bit TOO far :biggrin:

Mark Robinson