Sign in to follow this  
tnsasse

Engines on but no thrust

Hi community,

I am experiencing weird problems with my 777-200LR. Short version: having two good engine starts, I cannot move the aircraft. The throttle levers are moving, the indication on the ENG display shows the set N1 value move with the levers but the engine is still on idle, no thrust is coming. 

Wheel chocks are removed, parking brake is released, flaps are in the takeoff configuration, autobrake is on RTO, hydraulics are pressurized, electrics obviously working, EICAS shows no warning, Recall neither, APU is off. 

Tried to delete and reinstall to no avail. 

It might be a stupid mistake as I am new to the product. However I have flown the 777-200F successfully before. Though the F shows the same problem now.

Edit: I should mention that (occasionally) I see that the hydraulics C1 and C2 demand pumps are generating an amber warning on the EICAS, yet in all of my various tries to the resolve the issue I have not proven a correlation between the two problems... I had tries where the hydraulics were okay but still no engine thrust. I have also tried to load the various default panel states and continue from there (CLDDRK, LONG, SHORT, etc) but didn’t help.

I am running on the current P3D V4, with VoxATC, GEX, Orbx Global and Europe, Active Sky and REX - all newest versions. 

I appreciate all the help you guys can give, as it is so incredibly frustrating having planned a nice flight, set up the aircraft by the book (hopefully), being pushed back and not being able to move an inch...

Thanks everyone,

Tobias Sasse

Edited by tnsasse
Additional info

1 hour ago, tnsasse said:

I appreciate all the help you guys can give, as it is so incredibly frustrating having planned a nice flight, set up the aircraft by the book (hopefully), being pushed back and not being able to move an inch...

I can imagine.

FSUIPC user perhaps?

Kyle Rodgers

No, not that I am aware of... does it get installed automatically with any of the addons, I have listed? 

4 hours ago, tnsasse said:

No, not that I am aware of... does it get installed automatically with any of the addons, I have listed? 

Not sure. I don't have an exhaustive list of what add-ons require it.

Open the sim, press ALT, select Add-Ons (rightmost drop down menu), and check for FSUIPC in there. What hardware are you using? How has it been configured? Custom hardware drivers/software (SPAD, etc), or through the sim interface?

Kyle Rodgers

I had this wirh PMDG and FSL aircraft when I aborted the push back witj GSX instead of finishing it. 

Perhaps a silly question, but flat tires?  I have seen this happen after slewing, not only after taxiing w/ overuse of the brakes.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

On 15/11/2017 at 1:34 PM, scandinavian13 said:

Not sure. I don't have an exhaustive list of what add-ons require it.

Open the sim, press ALT, select Add-Ons (rightmost drop down menu), and check for FSUIPC in there. What hardware are you using? How has it been configured? Custom hardware drivers/software (SPAD, etc), or through the sim interface?

I will check this tomorrow, but am afraid not... 

On 15/11/2017 at 1:49 PM, Ephedrin said:

I had this wirh PMDG and FSL aircraft when I aborted the push back witj GSX instead of finishing it. 

Interesting, I will try to push back without GSX ...

19 hours ago, Mike777 said:

Perhaps a silly question, but flat tires?  I have seen this happen after slewing, not only after taxiing w/ overuse of the brakes.

Mike

Interesting thought as well, but I don’t think so, the plane was set up fresh and only pushed back. Tires looked fine from the outside camera, also there were no obstacles blocking them visible. 

35 minutes ago, tnsasse said:

Interesting thought as well, but I don’t think so, the plane was set up fresh and only pushed back. Tires looked fine from the outside camera, also there were no obstacles blocking them visible. 

Hi Tobias,

Take a look on the CDU under failures for tire and brake failures just to be sure.  Another thing that occurs to me is perhaps your brakes are dragging due to a hardware problem (brakes not fully released)?  In recent versions, the red "brakes" screen display doesn't come on unless the parking brake is set (I use  FSX but pretty sure it's the same in P3D).

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hi guys, thanks for your input so far. I have tested the above mentioned ideas... but no luck yet...

1. FSUIPC is not installed, no menu item
  2. I positioned the aircraft on the runway, to avoid pushback issues with GSX, still doesn't move
  3. Tyres look good to my untrained eyes at least...
  4. Failures seem not to be active.

I made some screenshots from a quick setup I did to reproduce the error, maybe this helps. You will clearly see the thrust carrot is at TO/GA setting but the engines are still idle. I gave ample time for the engines to react before taking the screenshot. Other than that I seem to encounter the HYD PRES DEM C1 + C2 warning every time now, as soon as I extend the flaps. Maybe this is a related issue? (The screenshots come from 2 different attempts...)

D07aDaS.jpg

bJLag8h.jpg

eaccPdh.jpg

qVbJuqX.jpg

Qwvhi0x.jpg

VF4ChYn.jpg

Maybe someone can spot my mistake from the screenshots... I am running out of ideas.

Interesting fact: I can't even hear the engines... they are spinning though in the outside view.

In my experience this happens when the SIM autostart feature has been triggered. I forgot how I solved it, I believe E 1 2 (to select both engines) then CTRL E to disable the autostart. 

Cheers...

Xander Koote

All round aviation geek

1st Officer Boeing 777

Thanks xkoote, but I didn't find this option :-(

To rule out any add-on related issues, I will now completely reinstall the sim and start with a vanilla P3D + PMDG777...

edit: didn‘t help problem remains. 

Edited by tnsasse
Avoid double posting.

Problem solved.

I have just entered the PMDG menu in the CDU and hit "Restore ORIGINAL" from the PMDG SETUP > AIRCRAFT menu.
Now it works... I have absolutely no idea why, but I am happy now :D

Good for you ! 👍🏽👍🏽

Xander Koote

All round aviation geek

1st Officer Boeing 777

After further investigation it seems that CTRL + E did the trick, rather than the airplane reset. Any idea how to fix this?

Seems silly to activate the sim autostart after a good manual start of the engines...

1 minute ago, tnsasse said:

After further investigation it seems that CTRL + E did the trick, rather than the airplane reset. Any idea how to fix this?

Seems silly to activate the sim autostart after a good manual start of the engines...

I remove the key command from the Engine Start operations in the Controls screen.  Never use it, causes problems, gone.

Dan Downs KCRP