1st fltsimguy

A10 Warthog - Is There a Working Model for P3DV4?

I think Iris has gone out of business or something, they had older models which I doubt work in P3DV4.

I'm wondering if there is a version of the A10 available from a vendor for p3Dv4? Anyone know or recommend?

Bryan

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

18 minutes ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

I think Iris has gone out of business or something, they had older models which I doubt work in P3DV4.

No they are still around, just released a new model.
Don't hold your breath for any older model updates though.
https://www.facebook.com/irissimulations/

gb.

29 minutes ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

I think Iris has gone out of business or something,

Well again maybe. I see their website is in deep freeze...

gb.

Hi Folks,

Yeah - just cross the line to DCS - it’s the most realistic Hog we’ll ever see - plus all the weapons work as advertised... The DCS flight models seem to have inertia which is something missing from our MS derrivitives from day one...

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Yeah - just cross the line to DCS - it’s the most realistic Hog we’ll ever see - plus all the weapons work as advertised... The DCS flight models seem to have inertia which is something missing from our MS derrivitives from day one...

Regards,

Scott

I can't recall how many hours I have into the DCS one but it's great fun. You also have the capability to datalink to other players and send each other targets. Couple of other neat features as well.

36 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Regards,

Scott

I dont know much about it. Just checked it out. So the play area is free but you buy the planes is that it?

I would still like one in P3Dv4.

I haven't ported the Iris A-10A over to v4 yet. I have ported T-6B, T-6A, and C-27J.

Just looking at the A-10A files, there are only 2 files that could be problematic. One is the DSD sound gauge and there is a 64 bit version of that. I've used the X64 dll as part of the v4 port for the models listed.

There is a fuel.dll that not sure what it does. However, you could port the model and see what functionality is missing. Suspect that is a re-fueling tool for non-Tacpack.

Speaking of TacPack, it is not available on v4 yet.

1 hour ago, Henry Street said:

I haven't ported the Iris A-10A over to v4 yet. I have ported T-6B, T-6A, and C-27J.

Just looking at the A-10A files, there are only 2 files that could be problematic. One is the DSD sound gauge and there is a 64 bit version of that. I've used the X64 dll as part of the v4 port for the models listed.

There is a fuel.dll that not sure what it does. However, you could port the model and see what functionality is missing. Suspect that is a re-fueling tool for non-Tacpack.

LOL...sounds like you know what you are doing, I on the other hand just want an installer that puts everything in the correct place and go flying....:biggrin:

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

LOL...sounds like you know what you are doing, I on the other hand just want an installer that puts everything in the correct place and go flying....:biggrin:

You might want to just copy the folders from your FSX or v3 install over to v4 and see what happens.

2 minutes ago, Henry Street said:

You might want to just copy the folders from your FSX or v3 install over to v4 and see what happens.

sorry, perhaps what I said was misleading, I don't have a Warhog, but I see that Iris had some great models, and I won't buy one if they are still available unless they are fully V4 compatible.

But, I would like to get one. My newish PC setup can handle faster jets now so this is one plane that I really like.

2 hours ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

I dont know much about it. Just checked it out. So the play area is free but you buy the planes is that it?

2.0 Nevada isn’t free, the Caucasus map currently is. Which is in 1.5 stage, the planes themselves do cost money yes. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Henry Street said:

I ported it. I had to leave the fuel.dll behind but got the sounds working with Doug's 64 bit version of the sound gauge. It works quite well.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Henry Street said:

The Iris def flies in v4. Here are some shots. Took me about 15 mins to convert the sound stuff. Even the loadout manager works although no TacPack at this time.

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/album/G9J

42 minutes ago, odourboy said:

I ported it. I had to leave the fuel.dll behind but got the sounds working with Doug's 64 bit version of the sound gauge. It works quite well.

OK that looks promising; thanks for replies. Where do I get that plane? So some how using the approach used for the RealAir sound file conversion you can get the sound working? Is that correct? What is the significance of the fuel.dll?

And also what is the MFD display that is blacked out is it working or just not turned on? Over.

Bryan

I founds several versions.

Is this the version to buy? Over.

IRIS AIRFORCE SERIES - WARTHOG DRIVER II P3D

yes.   I use in it in v4.  Haven't messed with the fuel.dll or sound gauge but thats an easy fix.  The right display is Tacpack feature that brings a guided bomb like TV display.  

• Upvote 2

OK I'm up and running.

I have general sound but no sound on landing gear and flaps and spoiler.

No landing lights and my Multi Switch panel doesn't connect using the profile I have set in SPAD.

I will explore more stuff tomorrow.

8 hours ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

There is one map covering Georgia and it is free. You can buy other regions like Nevada or Normandy (for WW2 warplanes). Apart from that you have some few free planes. I encourage you to try civilian version of Mustang (free).

DCS A10C is very accurately modeled, because the company that makes it (Eagle Dynamics) had been doing some military contracts for National Guard. Actually, some time ago, I have found a picture of National Guard cadets on a lecture with DCS A10C running at their desktop computers.

Their flight model is the best, maybe even better than XPlane.

They have lots of sales during the year, and you can buy A10C at 50% discount or even more.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, twojastara said:

There is one map covering Georgia and it is free. You can buy other regions like Nevada or Normandy (for WW2 warplanes). Apart from that you have some few free planes. I encourage you to try civilian version of Mustang (free).

DCS A10C is very accurately modeled, because the company that makes it (Eagle Dynamics) had been doing some military contracts for National Guard. Actually, some time ago, I have found a picture of National Guard cadets on a lecture with DCS A10C running at their desktop computers.

Their flight model is the best, maybe even better than XPlane.

They have lots of sales during the year, and you can buy A10C at 50% discount or even more.

Yes I watched the videos, I'll give the freebie stuff a try first. Looks like a much better version of the old Combat Flight Simulator 1, 2, 3.

18 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Regards,

Scott

The A10 was my first DCS aircraft that I thoroughly learnt ("typed") on. That was several years ago. Haven't flown it for over a year and now, it's now impossible to just jump in and fly the Jet,  I need to re type in it! It's so technically correct. Every system is modelled. Every weapon is faithfully re created. I followed their forums over the years and those Hog flyers were fanatical for getting the correct deatail. They jumped on very small differences from the actual aircraft. They involved Hog pilots and quite a few ground techs who looked after the systems and weapons. The result is a fully evolved simulation.

The same can be said for many DCS titles. However I believe the DCS  A10 has the most accurate flight dynamics of any other DCS title. 

As Scott says, the FSX, P3d (ESP) simulators do seem to lack that "feeling" that your actually flying! With the exception of the Mjc Dash 8, which uses a flight model running outside the FSX/P3d engine!:cool: 

So yeah, go for DCS! If dealing death from above in an ugly, slow, terrifying killing machine is your thing!:ohmy:

Cheers!

• Upvote 1

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 5:48 PM, 1st fltsimguy said:

I'm wondering if there is a version of the A10 available from a vendor for p3Dv4? Anyone know or recommend?

Bryan

Bryan,

Just wanted to update you about TacPack if you hadn't seen it. Works in V4 now and all the A-10A weps/sensors are working.

2 hours ago, Henry Street said:

Bryan,

Just wanted to update you about TacPack if you hadn't seen it. Works in V4 now and all the A-10A weps/sensors are working.

+1. I got the TacPack enabled warthog set up in V4 yesterday. Aside from the 32 bit fuel gauge dll (which appears only to correct fuel consumption ) it's working beautifully. I did notice my installer is missing a few fx files...fx_iris_a10_gau8, and VC lights. 

Edited by vgbaron
remove request for copyrighted files

I got the sound straightened out. Download Doug Dawson's new sound gauge here: https://www.douglassdawson.ca/ and make this change:

"gauge00                = dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64!sound,         1,1,1,1,     .\SimObjects\Airplanes\IRIS Warthog Driver\panel\A10-AUDIO\A10_sound.ini" 

in [Vcockpit02] section of your panel.cfg. (Minus the quote marks!) MY TV/FLIR is not working in v4 though.

With such an amazing, immaculate, training-level A10C available for the DCS platform, why would anyone fly a half-baked version on a mostly civilian flight-sim? Honest question!

Now that DCS 2.5 got released, I am re-learning the A10 and all its systems. I truly believe it is one of the most magnificent addons ever created for flight simulation. It needs to be flied by every Warthog fan out there!!

The A10A was the first add-on that I bought for DCS and I agree it's great. But no need to rant about the Iris A10.