Sign in to follow this  
1st fltsimguy

A10 Warthog - Is There a Working Model for P3DV4?

I think Iris has gone out of business or something, they had older models which I doubt work in P3DV4.

I'm wondering if there is a version of the A10 available from a vendor for p3Dv4? Anyone know or recommend?

Bryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

18 minutes ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

I think Iris has gone out of business or something, they had older models which I doubt work in P3DV4.

No they are still around, just released a new model.
Don't hold your breath for any older model updates though.
https://www.facebook.com/irissimulations/

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

29 minutes ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

I think Iris has gone out of business or something,

Well again maybe. I see their website is in deep freeze...

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Hi Folks,

Yeah - just cross the line to DCS - it’s the most realistic Hog we’ll ever see - plus all the weapons work as advertised... The DCS flight models seem to have inertia which is something missing from our MS derrivitives from day one...

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 2

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

29 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Yeah - just cross the line to DCS - it’s the most realistic Hog we’ll ever see - plus all the weapons work as advertised... The DCS flight models seem to have inertia which is something missing from our MS derrivitives from day one...

Regards,

Scott

I can't recall how many hours I have into the DCS one but it's great fun. You also have the capability to datalink to other players and send each other targets. Couple of other neat features as well.

Nick Austin

CXA102-1.jpg

36 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Regards,

Scott

I dont know much about it. Just checked it out. So the play area is free but you buy the planes is that it?

I would still like one in P3Dv4.

Near CAM3

I haven't ported the Iris A-10A over to v4 yet. I have ported T-6B, T-6A, and C-27J.

Just looking at the A-10A files, there are only 2 files that could be problematic. One is the DSD sound gauge and there is a 64 bit version of that. I've used the X64 dll as part of the v4 port for the models listed.

There is a fuel.dll that not sure what it does. However, you could port the model and see what functionality is missing. Suspect that is a re-fueling tool for non-Tacpack.

Speaking of TacPack, it is not available on v4 yet.

1 hour ago, Henry Street said:

I haven't ported the Iris A-10A over to v4 yet. I have ported T-6B, T-6A, and C-27J.

Just looking at the A-10A files, there are only 2 files that could be problematic. One is the DSD sound gauge and there is a 64 bit version of that. I've used the X64 dll as part of the v4 port for the models listed.

There is a fuel.dll that not sure what it does. However, you could port the model and see what functionality is missing. Suspect that is a re-fueling tool for non-Tacpack.

LOL...sounds like you know what you are doing, I on the other hand just want an installer that puts everything in the correct place and go flying....:biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Near CAM3

6 minutes ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

LOL...sounds like you know what you are doing, I on the other hand just want an installer that puts everything in the correct place and go flying....:biggrin:

You might want to just copy the folders from your FSX or v3 install over to v4 and see what happens.

2 minutes ago, Henry Street said:

You might want to just copy the folders from your FSX or v3 install over to v4 and see what happens.

sorry, perhaps what I said was misleading, I don't have a Warhog, but I see that Iris had some great models, and I won't buy one if they are still available unless they are fully V4 compatible.

But, I would like to get one. My newish PC setup can handle faster jets now so this is one plane that I really like.

Near CAM3

2 hours ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

I dont know much about it. Just checked it out. So the play area is free but you buy the planes is that it?

I would still like one in P3Dv4.

2.0 Nevada isn’t free, the Caucasus map currently is. Which is in 1.5 stage, the planes themselves do cost money yes. 

• Upvote 1

Nick Austin

CXA102-1.jpg

2 hours ago, Henry Street said:

I ported it. I had to leave the fuel.dll behind but got the sounds working with Doug's 64 bit version of the sound gauge. It works quite well.

• Upvote 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

1 hour ago, Henry Street said:

The Iris def flies in v4. Here are some shots. Took me about 15 mins to convert the sound stuff. Even the loadout manager works although no TacPack at this time.

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/album/G9J

42 minutes ago, odourboy said:

I ported it. I had to leave the fuel.dll behind but got the sounds working with Doug's 64 bit version of the sound gauge. It works quite well.

OK that looks promising; thanks for replies. Where do I get that plane? So some how using the approach used for the RealAir sound file conversion you can get the sound working? Is that correct? What is the significance of the fuel.dll?

And also what is the MFD display that is blacked out is it working or just not turned on? Over.

Bryan

Near CAM3

I founds several versions.

Is this the version to buy? Over.

IRIS AIRFORCE SERIES - WARTHOG DRIVER II P3D

Near CAM3