Sign in to follow this  
1st fltsimguy

A10 Warthog - Is There a Working Model for P3DV4?

yes.   I use in it in v4.  Haven't messed with the fuel.dll or sound gauge but thats an easy fix.  The right display is Tacpack feature that brings a guided bomb like TV display.  

• Upvote 3

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

OK I'm up and running.

I have general sound but no sound on landing gear and flaps and spoiler.

No landing lights and my Multi Switch panel doesn't connect using the profile I have set in SPAD.

I will explore more stuff tomorrow.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

8 hours ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

I dont know much about it. Just checked it out. So the play area is free but you buy the planes is that it?

I would still like one in P3Dv4.

There is one map covering Georgia and it is free. You can buy other regions like Nevada or Normandy (for WW2 warplanes). Apart from that you have some few free planes. I encourage you to try civilian version of Mustang (free).

DCS A10C is very accurately modeled, because the company that makes it (Eagle Dynamics) had been doing some military contracts for National Guard. Actually, some time ago, I have found a picture of National Guard cadets on a lecture with DCS A10C running at their desktop computers.

Their flight model is the best, maybe even better than XPlane.

They have lots of sales during the year, and you can buy A10C at 50% discount or even more.

• Upvote 1

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

9 hours ago, twojastara said:

There is one map covering Georgia and it is free. You can buy other regions like Nevada or Normandy (for WW2 warplanes). Apart from that you have some few free planes. I encourage you to try civilian version of Mustang (free).

DCS A10C is very accurately modeled, because the company that makes it (Eagle Dynamics) had been doing some military contracts for National Guard. Actually, some time ago, I have found a picture of National Guard cadets on a lecture with DCS A10C running at their desktop computers.

Their flight model is the best, maybe even better than XPlane.

They have lots of sales during the year, and you can buy A10C at 50% discount or even more.

Yes I watched the videos, I'll give the freebie stuff a try first. Looks like a much better version of the old Combat Flight Simulator 1, 2, 3.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

18 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Yeah - just cross the line to DCS - it’s the most realistic Hog we’ll ever see - plus all the weapons work as advertised... The DCS flight models seem to have inertia which is something missing from our MS derrivitives from day one...

Regards,

Scott

The A10 was my first DCS aircraft that I thoroughly learnt ("typed") on. That was several years ago. Haven't flown it for over a year and now, it's now impossible to just jump in and fly the Jet,  I need to re type in it! It's so technically correct. Every system is modelled. Every weapon is faithfully re created. I followed their forums over the years and those Hog flyers were fanatical for getting the correct deatail. They jumped on very small differences from the actual aircraft. They involved Hog pilots and quite a few ground techs who looked after the systems and weapons. The result is a fully evolved simulation.

The same can be said for many DCS titles. However I believe the DCS  A10 has the most accurate flight dynamics of any other DCS title. 

As Scott says, the FSX, P3d (ESP) simulators do seem to lack that "feeling" that your actually flying! With the exception of the Mjc Dash 8, which uses a flight model running outside the FSX/P3d engine!:cool: 

So yeah, go for DCS! If dealing death from above in an ugly, slow, terrifying killing machine is your thing!:ohmy:

Cheers!

• Upvote 1

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 5:48 PM, 1st fltsimguy said:

I think Iris has gone out of business or something, they had older models which I doubt work in P3DV4.

I'm wondering if there is a version of the A10 available from a vendor for p3Dv4? Anyone know or recommend?

Bryan

Bryan,

Just wanted to update you about TacPack if you hadn't seen it. Works in V4 now and all the A-10A weps/sensors are working.

2 hours ago, Henry Street said:

Bryan,

Just wanted to update you about TacPack if you hadn't seen it. Works in V4 now and all the A-10A weps/sensors are working.

+1. I got the TacPack enabled warthog set up in V4 yesterday. Aside from the 32 bit fuel gauge dll (which appears only to correct fuel consumption ) it's working beautifully. I did notice my installer is missing a few fx files...fx_iris_a10_gau8, and VC lights. 

Edited by vgbaron
remove request for copyrighted files

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

I got the sound straightened out. Download Doug Dawson's new sound gauge here: https://www.douglassdawson.ca/ and make this change:

"gauge00                = dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64!sound,         1,1,1,1,     .\SimObjects\Airplanes\IRIS Warthog Driver\panel\A10-AUDIO\A10_sound.ini" 

in [Vcockpit02] section of your panel.cfg. (Minus the quote marks!) MY TV/FLIR is not working in v4 though.

With such an amazing, immaculate, training-level A10C available for the DCS platform, why would anyone fly a half-baked version on a mostly civilian flight-sim? Honest question!

Now that DCS 2.5 got released, I am re-learning the A10 and all its systems. I truly believe it is one of the most magnificent addons ever created for flight simulation. It needs to be flied by every Warthog fan out there!!

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

The A10A was the first add-on that I bought for DCS and I agree it's great. But no need to rant about the Iris A10.

The A10A?? I am talking about the A10C. The A10A is the arcade version.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

Why fly DCS "World" when you run out of "World" in 100 miles or so? I like to fly more than 30 minutes at a time. DCS is more of a video game than a sim.

1 hour ago, edakridge said:

DCS is more of a video game than a sim.

With respect, I do not believe this is a fair characterization of DCS. Yes, there are certainly gaming components to the experience - the developers just choose to focus the simulation elements in specific areas; for example, systems and flight model of certain aircraft, rather than faithful recreation of scenery for most of the world.  IMHO, the DCS A-10C in particular is one of the most faithful study-level simulations of one aircraft type ever created for a desktop computer platform.

For the record, I own P3D, X-Plane and DCS, and I use and enjoy them all - each has its place and purpose, and strengths and weaknesses.  But DCS is no more or less a simulation than the others.

- Kevin

Windows 10 / i9-10900k / Zotac RTX-3080 Trinity OC (12GB) / MSI MEG Z490 ACE mobo / Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT liquid cooler / 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3333MHz C16 DDR4 RAM / Dell Alienware AW3418DW WQHD 3440x1440 GSync / Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 2TB (OS) & 860 EVO 4TB SDD / WD Caviar Black 4TB HDD  / EVGA Supernova 850 G5 PSU / Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2 case / Virpil Warbird base with ThrustMaster Warthog HOTAS grip / MFG Crosswind rudder pedals / Virtual-Fly TQ6+ throttle quadrant / Winwing Orion HOTAS F-18 Throttle / Virpil TCS+ collective base with Hawk-60 grip / Saitek Trim Wheel / Saitek Radio and Switch Panels / Winwing Combat Ready Panel / Tobii 5

My experience with the most recent beta of DCS is that it is an outstanding combat aircraft simulator. And the limited geographic content is beautiful. In my opinion, DCS is much more realistic than either P3d4 or XP11. But because of the geographic limitations it is no more of a true flight simulator than GTA 5 is.

Of course DCS is a combat simulator! What is the A10? A combat airplane. It is not made for "cross-crountry" flying. In any case, this idea that you can only fly "30 minutes" in DCS is a joke. Yesterday I flew a mission in DCS for multiple hours. That does not count the  flight preparation time to get the cockpit set, CDU programming and weapons loaded.

And compare it to GTA5? Are you serious? Do you own the advanced modules in DCS (the A10A is not one of them)? How does the Mirage 2000 compare to the jets in GTA?