Sign in to follow this  
ssair1

Navigraph

Does anyone know how to update Prepar3dv4 navigation data with Navigraph? (I have a subscription) Please advise...

Best, 

Regards,

Shelman S.

Intel i9 9900KS, o/c @ 5.1 GHz; EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming; GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER; Thermaltake 32GB RAM @ 3600 DDR4; 3xSabrent Rocket 4.0 2TB SSDs; LG UltraGear 38GL950G-B 38" 21:9 Curved 144 Hz G-SYNC IPS Gaming Monitor; Acer Predator x34 UHD (3440x1440) @ 100hz GSYNC; Windows 10 64 bit; X-Plane 10; X-Plane 11.5r2, DCS World Open Beta, Prepar3dv4.5; Prepar3dv5 Professional. Honeycomb Yoke, Saitek Pedals, Switch, and Autopilot Panels. Obutto R3Volution Cockpit. Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and F18 Joysticks and Throttle. 

I don't believe that P3D uses Navigraph data. Many of the addons used with it do.

NAX669.png

It should be automatic from the navigraph app as far as far as I️ know. I️ just open the app and look for updates. 

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

6 minutes ago, mwilk said:

I don't believe that P3D uses Navigraph data. Many of the addons used with it do.

AFAIK this is correct.

I update my AIRAC monthly and have never seen any for the sim platform itself. .only for add ons.

spacer.png

39 minutes ago, ssair1 said:

Does anyone know how to update Prepar3dv4 navigation data with Navigraph? (I have a subscription) Please advise...

Best, 

You cannot update the P3D native data with Navigraph.  Check out FSAerodata.....that will do what you want but it is payware/subscription.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

FSsaerodata, It's payware (one year license) and allows you to update P3D navigation data if you have a navigraph valid license.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

1 hour ago, ninerwhiskey9W said:

A freeware update to the in-sim navdata can be found herer : http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html. It is updated with each monthly AIRAC cycle.

Affirmative.
I use it for many years now. Free and very convenient.
I think he also provides up to date magnetic variation bgl files

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

7 hours ago, ssair1 said:

Best, 

https://www.fsaerodata.com works with Navigraph.

1 hour ago, Egbert Drenth said:

Affirmative.
I use it for many years now. Free and very convenient.
I think he also provides up to date magnetic variation bgl files

Yep, he does.

3 hours ago, Egbert Drenth said:

A freeware update to the in-sim navdata can be found herer : http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html. It is updated with each monthly AIRAC cycle.

And he does deserve the one or the other donation - it's a great service he is providing to the community since years!

Cheers
Frank

• Upvote 1

FSAerodate updates more though and is fully compatible with for instance P3D's map: the freeware option has some issues there.

Unlike the freeware option, fsaerodata updates all navaids and procedures (departure,arrival,approach) for all the P3d stock airports. It also updates all ARTCC/FIR frequencies. The only thing that it doesn't do is update runway and taxiway geometry, but I noticed a few days ago that this is in development:

https://www.fsaerodata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=136

This proposed improvement was what My T 6 attempted to do with its large collection of add-on airports.

52 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Unlike the freeware option, fsaerodata updates all navaids and procedures (departure,arrival,approach) for all the P3d stock airports. It also updates all ARTCC/FIR frequencies. The only thing that it doesn't do is update runway and taxiway geometry, but I noticed a few days ago that this is in development:

https://www.fsaerodata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=136

Well, there must be an advantage of payware over freeware, else what would be the point ...

53 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

This proposed improvement was what My T 6 attempted to do with its large collection of add-on airports.

Yes, a nice idea, but, this led as well to a lot of compatibility issues with airports of other developers (freeware and payware), which made at least me disable all the modified AFCADS MT6 was providing.

Yep, I think that the real problem with the My T 6 airports is that most users didn't even realize that the airports were included in the product. That led to all kinds of conflicts when single 3rd party airports were installed, not to mention conflicts with airports included in ORBX regions.