Sign in to follow this  
AOB

Orbx PNW and Megascenery Oregon

Can they co-exist in FSX. If not is it possible to disable PNW temporarily please? 

Does Megascenery Oregon come with a manual to explain where to place it in the scenery.cfg?

\Robert Hamlich/

Not sure. I noticed that Megascenery products are half price on the FSPilotshop.com and was wondering if it might be worth trying. I would not do it ifthere were compatabily issues.

It says "FSX Certified" under compatibility.  Best bet is to search for it on the Orbx forums or wait for a better answer than mine.  

\Robert Hamlich/

2 hours ago, AOB said:

Can they co-exist in FSX. If not is it possible to disable PNW temporarily please? 

Yes you can have both active at the same time as long as the photoreal is below the ORBX region in the scenery library. I have Megascenery Washington installed with PNW active at the same time. The photoreal will show where the ORBX coverage stops. Same would be the case for Oregon. However if the PNW covers the same area as PNW, you won’t see any photoreal stuff from MegaScenery.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

18 hours ago, HUSSAR said:

Does Megascenery Oregon come with a manual to explain where to place it in the scenery.cfg?

There is a guide that comes with the scenery but, looking at it, it does not show where it should be installed in the scenery library. The Installer installs the product at the top of the scenery library.. The Megascenery site also has helpful guides under the Help section - http://www.megasceneryearth.com.  I place mine at a lower priority than my FSDT/FlightBeam airports.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Really tempted to invest in some Megascenery at some special 50% off prices through FSPilotshop.com but as I have FSX with a large Orbx collection and AFS2 that is expecting some more Orbx products in the pipeline...... Probably best to curb my capitalist instincts :-) 

Thanks for your input though guys.