Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Singapore (Imaginesim) to release soon

Finally, after years of waiting for a decent WSSS, the wait seems to be almost over. Head over to their Facebook page.  Hopefully, it'll be a US Thanksgiving weekend release.   

• Upvote 4

Interesting... thanks for the heads-up. Would ImagineSim WSSS have P3Dv4 features (Dynamic Lighting etc) and SODE jetways?

Would be interesting to see, how this compares with the Aerosoft version which is in development.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

11 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Interesting... thanks for the heads-up. Would ImagineSim WSSS have P3Dv4 features (Dynamic Lighting etc) and SODE jetways?

Would be interesting to see, how this compares with the Aerosoft version which is in development.

Apparently it's a P3DV4 release, so I would imagine so.  If any developer released a new airport now where my aircraft was shrouded in a cloak of darkness on a lit apron, id be pretty knacked off.

• Upvote 2

According to the devs, first release will be P3Dv4 only, they will look into P3Dv3 and FSX versions afterwards. So we can pretty safely assume that it will be a native P3Dv4 scenery. As other IS airports have SODE jetways this feature can be expected here as well. 

Their next project will be Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport, good to see that Asia will get some P3Dv4 treatment, most existing sceneries in this region are old and outdated. 

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Woozie said:

Their next project will be Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport, good to see that Asia will get some P3Dv4 treatment, most existing sceneries in this region are old and outdated. 

Sounds like they're only starting and looking for photographic sources, we'll probably be onto P3Dv5 by the time that's done.

Thanks 4 the info. WSSS is a nice place. I see the A350 every day from EDDM to WSSS and always wanted to fly it in the sim.

vtbs has a scenery that works in v4, not great and no jetways, but better than nothing. there are so many airports out there that have nothing, I do not understand many developers doing double airports like singapore. Aerosoft is doing it too.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 777200lrf said:

I do not understand many developers doing double airports like singapore. Aerosoft is doing it too.

I can't even get upset about this anymore.  It seems like every new airport announced is a duplicate of one another developer (or more than one!) is doing or has already done.

How about RKSI, huh? Or ZBAA?

James

• Upvote 1

RKSI already exists aswell (although somehow I can't find it at Simmarket anymore) and ZBAA is in production ;)

Edited by KenVerburg
RKSI not on Simmarket anymore?

----

Kenneth Verburg, Netherlands

1 hour ago, honanhal said:

I can't even get upset about this anymore.  It seems like every new airport announced is a duplicate of one another developer (or more than one!) is doing or has already done.

How about RKSI, huh? Or ZBAA?

James

We are 95% done with Reno-Tahoe Int and will work full time on our new project Incheon Int (RKSI). RKSI ground polygon and photoreal work began 2 months ago and we will start with terminal 1 building right after KRNO release. RKSI will be native P3DV4 SDK and will include SODE jetways, dynamic lighting, etc.

• Upvote 8

Edited for speeling

Visit the tribe @ http://islandsim.com

1 hour ago, Toktok said:

We are 95% done with Reno-Tahoe Int and will work full time on our new project Incheon Int (RKSI). RKSI ground polygon and photoreal work began 2 months ago and we will start with terminal 1 building right after KRNO release. RKSI will be native P3DV4 SDK and will include SODE jetways, dynamic lighting, etc.

!!!

I may have missed an earlier announcement, but this is wonderful news! Love your work and I know you'll knock this one out of the park.

James

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, KenVerburg said:

RKSI already exists aswell (although somehow I can't find it at Simmarket anymore) and ZBAA is in production ;)

I have the Overland RKSI and used it in FSX for years, but unless I'm much mistaken it doesn't work in P3D v4.

Besides which, that version was better than nothing, but was never one of my favorites. Relatively poor performance and some very dated modeling and textures.

James

I just hope that it’s not been rushed out the door to beat Aerosoft’s version to market.

• Upvote 3

If I remember correctly, Imagesim WSSS comes with a dedicated set of 4K textures for the scenery for those simmers using 4K monitors and a system that can handle 4K textures. It will be interesting to see how much these new textures improve the visual quality of the airport.

10 minutes ago, Bruce Nicholson KMFR said:

If I remember correctly, Imagesim WSSS comes with a dedicated set of 4K textures for the scenery for those simmers using 4K monitors and a system that can handle 4K textures. It will be interesting to see how much these new textures improve the visual quality of the airport.

You don’t need a 4K monitor to see 4K textures (I don’t think).