Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Singapore (Imaginesim) to release soon

Recommended Posts

Finally, after years of waiting for a decent WSSS, the wait seems to be almost over. Head over to their Facebook page.  Hopefully, it'll be a US Thanksgiving weekend release.   

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post

Interesting... thanks for the heads-up. Would ImagineSim WSSS have P3Dv4 features (Dynamic Lighting etc) and SODE jetways?

Would be interesting to see, how this compares with the Aerosoft version which is in development.


Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--
____________________
Scandinavian VA

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Interesting... thanks for the heads-up. Would ImagineSim WSSS have P3Dv4 features (Dynamic Lighting etc) and SODE jetways?

Would be interesting to see, how this compares with the Aerosoft version which is in development.

Apparently it's a P3DV4 release, so I would imagine so.  If any developer released a new airport now where my aircraft was shrouded in a cloak of darkness on a lit apron, id be pretty knacked off.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post

According to the devs, first release will be P3Dv4 only, they will look into P3Dv3 and FSX versions afterwards. So we can pretty safely assume that it will be a native P3Dv4 scenery. As other IS airports have SODE jetways this feature can be expected here as well. 

Their next project will be Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport, good to see that Asia will get some P3Dv4 treatment, most existing sceneries in this region are old and outdated. 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, Woozie said:

Their next project will be Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport, good to see that Asia will get some P3Dv4 treatment, most existing sceneries in this region are old and outdated. 

 

 

 

Sounds like they're only starting and looking for photographic sources, we'll probably be onto P3Dv5 by the time that's done.

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks 4 the info. WSSS is a nice place. I see the A350 every day from EDDM to WSSS and always wanted to fly it in the sim.


Stefan Wiesmayer

My second hobby: BMW F87 M2 LCI

Core i7 6700K | Asus Z170-A | beQuiet! Power Zone 850w | Arctic Liquid Freezer 240 | Asus PA328Q 4K IPS | Asus Strix1080 ti | 32 GB DDR4 G.SKill 3200 | Samsung SM951 M.2 SSD | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Edition

Share this post


Link to post

vtbs has a scenery that works in v4, not great and no jetways, but better than nothing. there are so many airports out there that have nothing, I do not understand many developers doing double airports like singapore. Aerosoft is doing it too.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, 777200lrf said:

I do not understand many developers doing double airports like singapore. Aerosoft is doing it too.

I can't even get upset about this anymore.  It seems like every new airport announced is a duplicate of one another developer (or more than one!) is doing or has already done.

How about RKSI, huh? Or ZBAA?

James

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

RKSI already exists aswell (although somehow I can't find it at Simmarket anymore) and ZBAA is in production ;)

Edited by KenVerburg
RKSI not on Simmarket anymore?

----

Kenneth Verburg, Netherlands

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, honanhal said:

I can't even get upset about this anymore.  It seems like every new airport announced is a duplicate of one another developer (or more than one!) is doing or has already done.

How about RKSI, huh? Or ZBAA?

James

We are 95% done with Reno-Tahoe Int and will work full time on our new project Incheon Int (RKSI). RKSI ground polygon and photoreal work began 2 months ago and we will start with terminal 1 building right after KRNO release. RKSI will be native P3DV4 SDK and will include SODE jetways, dynamic lighting, etc.

  • Upvote 8

Edited for speeling

Visit the tribe @ http://islandsim.com

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Toktok said:

We are 95% done with Reno-Tahoe Int and will work full time on our new project Incheon Int (RKSI). RKSI ground polygon and photoreal work began 2 months ago and we will start with terminal 1 building right after KRNO release. RKSI will be native P3DV4 SDK and will include SODE jetways, dynamic lighting, etc.

!!!

I may have missed an earlier announcement, but this is wonderful news! Love your work and I know you'll knock this one out of the park.

James

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, KenVerburg said:

RKSI already exists aswell (although somehow I can't find it at Simmarket anymore) and ZBAA is in production ;)

I have the Overland RKSI and used it in FSX for years, but unless I'm much mistaken it doesn't work in P3D v4.

Besides which, that version was better than nothing, but was never one of my favorites. Relatively poor performance and some very dated modeling and textures.

James

Share this post


Link to post

I just hope that it’s not been rushed out the door to beat Aerosoft’s version to market.

  • Upvote 3

All the best,

-John

Milviz Team (posts are of my own opinion)

Share this post


Link to post

If I remember correctly, Imagesim WSSS comes with a dedicated set of 4K textures for the scenery for those simmers using 4K monitors and a system that can handle 4K textures. It will be interesting to see how much these new textures improve the visual quality of the airport.

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Bruce Nicholson KMFR said:

If I remember correctly, Imagesim WSSS comes with a dedicated set of 4K textures for the scenery for those simmers using 4K monitors and a system that can handle 4K textures. It will be interesting to see how much these new textures improve the visual quality of the airport.

You don’t need a 4K monitor to see 4K textures (I don’t think).


All the best,

-John

Milviz Team (posts are of my own opinion)

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    27%
    $6,985.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...