Sign in to follow this  
Agovico261

Is there a way to create realistic routes with FlightRadar 24?

To begin, the two things I use to create routes is flightaware and FsBuild. I get the route from flight aware and input it into FsBuild to build a flight plan for Fs2004 and my fmc or fmgs. Flight aware is getting increasingly inaccurate for routes to Asia and Europe.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/117132-route-analysis-with-fr24-and-skyvector/

This article shows that by using csv files (csv files contain location (lat,long), alt, etc.) from flight radar 24, you can use the csv of a historical flight and put it into an excel file the author made and it would put out coordinates that could be used in freeware and payware flight planning software (e.g.. Sky vector, FsBuild, etc).

My question is: Is there an easier way to get a realistic flight plan without going through all of this hassle (and not using flight aware)?

If there is absolutely no way to do this, please just post it isn't possible.

Routefinder allows you to find real flightplans/routes across the world.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

On FR24, you can download the GPS coordinates of historic flights and load them up in Google Earth. Then, somewhere on the web I found a script a guy had written that converts Navigraph data into Google Earth files. I then loaded both up in Google Earth and was able to superimpose FR24 actual flights over a map of tracks/waypoints. I use this whenever I have been on a flight to try and work out what the route was I took.

Quite a fun exercise!

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire