Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

Interactive Checklists ???

Hi Keven,

Just throwing out a thought - what about interactive checklists as a new feature of ChasePlane ? Happened to be watching a video review on Goran's beautiful XP Saab last night - which the developer appears to have included just that... It seems like a perfect meld with ChasePlane's current niche for the FSX/P3D crowd - for both custom ones created by users - or canned ones provided by the developer during initial distribution... As you select each item on the checklist the camera automatically slews to the correct view - with a zoom close enough to actually read the labeling... It would GREATLY speed the learning curve associated with new complex aircraft...

Anyway - just my two cents - take it for what it's worth...

Example: Interactive Check Lists

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 2

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

2 hours ago, scottb613 said:

As you select each item on the checklist the camera automatically slews to the correct view - with a zoom close enough to actually read the labeling

Great idea. Love it! :smile:

• Upvote 2

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

TBH, when i read the thread title i was like 'uuuh, that would take it too far for a camera tool'

2 hours ago, scottb613 said:

As you select each item on the checklist the camera automatically slews to the correct view - with a zoom close enough to actually read the labeling

But thats bloody genius! 

• Upvote 3

Exactly the same here @Woozie just before I read the post I was thinking '...tut! checklists?! in a bloody camera app?! what a load of boll......OH MY GOD YES I NEED THIS IMMEDIATELY' :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

13 minutes ago, Ebs said:

Exactly the same here @Woozie just before I read the post I was thinking '...tut! checklists?! in a bloody camera app?! what a load of boll......OH MY GOD YES I NEED THIS IMMEDIATELY' :biggrin:

Hahaha :D

This feature would make the existing community sharing function much more useful. To be frankly, I never used any community presets for my planes as i think camera settings are quite a personal preference, but being able to download checklists created by the community for all those addon planes out there would be brilliant. 

I'm sure @Keven Menard is already working on that for the next beta release :cool:

• Upvote 1

Hi Folks,

Hah - you guys are funny...

Yeah ditto on the sharing - never used anyone else's camera settings - I would be looking for well made checklists...

:cool:

Regards,

Scott 

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I am seriously thinking of buying CP.  I have read a lot of favorable comments. 

If you were looking for another example of interactive checklists the Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended has them.  They also zoom in to the area on the panel where the checklist item is located.  It is a great learning tool.:biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

We're not going to introduce a "Checklist" feature per-say but we are looking into "Folders" instead...

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

59 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

We're not going to introduce a "Checklist" feature per-say but we are looking into "Folders" instead...

Could you elaborate on what that means please keven? Im not sure I get what 'folders' would be?  :s

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

2 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

Could you elaborate on what that means please keven? Im not sure I get what 'folders' would be?  :s

We're looking into having various categories for camera presets or "folders" to categorize them for about phases of flight or for various purposes.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

1 hour ago, Keven Menard said:

We're looking into having various categories for camera presets or "folders" to categorize them for about phases of flight or for various purposes.

Absolutely!

Ahmet Can

1 hour ago, Keven Menard said:

That could be good news for walkarounds. Maybe someday, planes will leak and crack.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM