Sign in to follow this  
cleonpack93

Chaseplane Performance Problems

Hey all,

I bought Chaseplane yesterday because I heard about the new features coming out and was super excited. However, since I installed it the program has totally wrecked my sim :sad: I had just gotten v4.1 to a point where it would look good and run well. But now with Chaseplane it either 1) drops the FPS so low that you can't do anything, or 2) makes it so that my textures take forever to load and makes my autogen draw distance drop so low it looks like I'm constantly flying in a fog. In addition, while I was able to pan normally with my joystick hat switch when I first installed it, I suddenly can't move the chaseplane cameras at all after last night (not with arrow keys, not with the mouse, not with anything) and it won't let me assign any keys to the camera motions.

Has anyone experienced similar issues and know how to solve? I would be really disappointed if I had to uninstall the program after dropping that much money on it.

You'll probably have better chances of being helped in the dedicated CP forum: https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/775-fsfx-packages-chaseplane-support/

Personally, I have never had problems like those you describe.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

The new version of CP has no impact on my system neither. Have you tried launching P3D without chaseplane to see if the problems are still there, especially the FPS and autogen? Somehow does not sound like a CP problem.

Mario Di Lauro

The only thing I can think of and this is not with today's update. If you have the chaseplane UI open it hits FPS you need to set it up and have in on your task bar not open. 

I had an odd thing were moving the throttle in an aircraft suddenly made my fps drop like a stone, it was only when I saw chaseplane had reopen I saw why. Somehow the throttle was making chaseplane open and like above that's not good. So make sure its not open when flying.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

44 minutes ago, tamsini said:

The new version of CP has no impact on my system neither. Have you tried launching P3D without chaseplane to see if the problems are still there, especially the FPS and autogen? Somehow does not sound like a CP problem.

I would say that but it only happened since I installed CP yesterday. Including with the new update this morning.

19 minutes ago, cleonpack93 said:

I would say that but it only happened since I installed CP yesterday. Including with the new update this morning.

So when you launch P3D without CP, is it the same problem(s)?

Mario Di Lauro

15 minutes ago, tamsini said:

So when you launch P3D without CP, is it the same problem(s)?

I won’t get a chance to try again until late tonight or tomorrow. But i don’t see how it would be something else since it was running just fine prior to installation.

2 hours ago, cleonpack93 said:

Has anyone experienced similar issues and know how to solve?

I don't think your issue has anything to do with CP. If you had your system restored and a previous restore point, go back to see the sequence of programs you installed.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

4 minutes ago, edpatino said:

I don't think your issue has anything to do with CP. If you had your system restored and a previous restore point, go back to see the sequence of programs you installed.

Cheers, Ed

I already tried this. CP is the only program that I installed. Nothing else. No windows updates, no system changes, nothing. My sim was running fine, I installed CP, and then it was giving me the problems listed above. I’ve tried modifying my settings, turning game mode on and off, restarting my computer multiple times, turning different add ons on and off, etc. It is definitely CP causing the issue.

Sorry if I come off as rude in any of this BTW. I’m just very frustrated after spending most of yesterday afternoon and this morning trying to fix it.

Hey all, Keven has this on lock (as usual). They pushed a second update for Chaseplane today and along with deleting my .cfg file that seems to have fixed things.

• Upvote 1