Sign in to follow this  
SKIPS2

Anyone got LatinVFR SCEL working in P3D?

Tried to install it but got weird texture bleeds throughs of the Default airport.

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 11:50 AM, SKIPS2 said:

Tried to install it but got weird texture bleeds throughs of the Default airport.

Tried in P3D v4 but bleeds as well on some areas.

Patricio Valdes

Seems like this is the case in several old scenery being installed into P3D v4.

Elevation data changed?

Shom

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

They are supposed to be redoing this for P3Dv4 this year. I'd wait.

• Upvote 1

Eric 

3 hours ago, B777ER said:

Hope they do! Its in need of an urgent upgrade. I am a local and work at the ariport. There is even a new terminal being built.

I have it installed for P3DV4.1. I used the migration tool to install it. Using another method causes the weird issue with the elevation, because there is a BGL that is misplaced (SCEL_ALT_RGM.BGL).

Nicolas Matus Sepulveda

My Specs: Windows 10 Pro 64x // Intel Core i7 4770K // 32GB @ 2400 Mhz Corsair Vengeance // Asus Maximus VI Extreme // NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080TI // 500GB SSD and 2 TB HDD // Prepar3D v5 // FlightSimLabs A320-X, CaptainSim 767 and PMDG 737NGX - 747 QOTSII  // My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/vader7472 - My Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/vader7472

3 hours ago, N_matus said:

Hope they do! Its in need of an urgent upgrade. I am a local and work at the ariport. There is even a new terminal being built.

I have it installed for P3DV4.1. I used the migration tool to install it. Using another method causes the weird issue with the elevation, because there is a BGL that is misplaced (SCEL_ALT_RGM.BGL).

I have EMT but it is advised not to use it with P3D v4.

Any idea how this can be fixed manually?

Thanks

Shom

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

7 hours ago, B777ER said:

Link?

I have LatinVFR SCEL loaded in P3Dv4.1 and I do not have a problem with it.  No problem with elevation either, no migration tool within 5 miles of my computer and the elevation stub mentioned by Shom cannot be found.... I didn't know there is supposed to be one.  The AF file indicates an elevation of something like 1552 and the charts indicate 1568 (from memory) so I don't see a major issue.  An update would be nice to capture the work in progress on the runways.

Dan Downs KCRP

1 hour ago, downscc said:

I have LatinVFR SCEL loaded in P3Dv4.1 and I do not have a problem with it.

I think the bleeding thru very close to LatinVFR SCEL airport and runway is a visual problem. I am waiting for an update from the Developer.

Patricio Valdes

I did get it working in P3D4.1, but it did have serious bleed-through issues as previously noted here before I started.  P3Dv4 uses a different terrain mesh than FSX and perhaps P3D3, so airfields, especially in mountainous areas, tend to need new elevation and flatten work to whip them back into shape.

I started by copying the scenery folder over from my FSX install. I left the aforementioned SCEL_ALT_RGM.BGL elevation correction file (in scenery\world\scenery) in FSX without copying that to P3D4.

I used ADE v1.76 on the SCEL_ADE_RGM.BGL airport file, and made two changes.  First, I used Tools -> Change Airport Reference Data to change the field elevation to 474.05 meters.  The stock airfield in P3D is at 473.964m, and the unmodified LatinVFR FSX scenery is at 473.704m, so the higher stock field elevation on the revised P3D4 mesh causes the bleed-throughs.  Second, I placed a flatten under the entire airfield with the ADE "add polygon" tool.  I then compiled the ADE and replaced the LatinVFR airport ADE file with the two bgl files generated by ADE (one is a CVX with the flatten).  This also creates and places a new altitude correction bgl into scenery\world\scenery--something you'll want to remember to remove if/when LatinVFR cranks out a new and improved P3D native version.  I finished by using Lorby SI's Addon Manager to add it to the P3Dv4 scenery configuration.

With these changes, SCEL is back in action.  Though it's somewhat dated, I personally want to keep it in play the way it is--I was the US Air Force air attache to Chile back about 10 years ago, and spent a lot of time in that airport working VIP movements, rubbing elbows with the Grupo 10 guys that did Chilean VIP airlift, and working US participation in the big FIDAE airshow every couple of years.  The current form of SCEL is just like I remember it, preserved for posterity's sake.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I've done the steps described by Bob for several locations; however, there does not seem to be a problem with the LatinVFR SCEL in my configuration. Perhaps it is because I have the Pilot's FS Global Ultimate NG for P3Dv4 mesh and the Orbx S Amer region?

I just flew an Atlas B744 KMIA SCEL 5Y61 flight yesterday, and I've always enjoyed the awe inspiring experience of descending into a coastal valley with 22400 ft peaks to the East and ridges lower but still substantial to the Northwest.  Awesome.

EDIT:  Ummm... had to modify the AF file to get GSX pushback working (original has erroneously created a second parking link instead of a vehicle link, nooby error) but then I am getting the elevation problems noted by others.  Okay, my todo list now includes creating the elevation stub suggested by Bob after I complete my return 5Y62 trip SCEL-KMIA.

Dan Downs KCRP

On 2/3/2018 at 5:10 PM, w6kd said:

I did get it working in P3D4.1, but it did have serious bleed-through issues as previously noted here before I started.  P3Dv4 uses a different terrain mesh than FSX and perhaps P3D3, so airfields, especially in mountainous areas, tend to need new elevation and flatten work to whip them back into shape.

Bob, I went through the steps you outlined for SCEL. But I'm still getting bleedthrough of the default tarmac, which means taxiways aren't even in the right place and it's all just a mess (also seeing default taxiway signs). Did I miss a step? Are you sure you didn't make the polygon in ADE something more than just flatten?

James

Boys,

Attached you will find this BGL which fixes the Altitude and bleeding issues. Please let me know if this works for you! (Your Drive:\Prepar3D v4\Scenery\World\scenery)

SCEL_ADE_RGM_ALT

• Upvote 3

Nicolas Matus Sepulveda

My Specs: Windows 10 Pro 64x // Intel Core i7 4770K // 32GB @ 2400 Mhz Corsair Vengeance // Asus Maximus VI Extreme // NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080TI // 500GB SSD and 2 TB HDD // Prepar3D v5 // FlightSimLabs A320-X, CaptainSim 767 and PMDG 737NGX - 747 QOTSII  // My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/vader7472 - My Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/vader7472

2 hours ago, N_matus said:

Boys,

Attached you will find this BGL which fixes the Altitude and bleeding issues. Please let me know if this works for you! (Your Drive:\Prepar3D v4\Scenery\World\scenery)

SCEL_ADE_RGM_ALT

Brilliant, worked for me!

James