Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Unknown error: WMIError, can't start up the new CP v0.4.40 Beta Exp.

I'm not sure why this is happening, but everytime I start either VFX Central or ChasePlane it takes a very long time to load up. Around 10 minutes or more... I've had this problem for awhile now and cannot seem to pinpoint exactly why it does this.

However I updated to the latest experimental beta build today, but CP gives me a popup window saying an unknown error occured. It's really frustrating to have to wait 10 minutes for it to load up and then give me this message. Any idea what chaseplane is accessing or why my system's HDD/SSD light is constantly on everytime I launch CP? It sits at the splash screen with the Checking Computer ID... screen for 10 minutes or more. 

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I'm also experiencing this extreme long loading time with VFX Central as well... it's been over 15 minutes already and still nothing...

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Kevin, already tried that, and still a no go. I keep getting this error everytime I start up the latest beta 0.4.40 of Chaseplane. It takes an awful long time to load, 10+ minutes and then I get that message. Even VFX Central also takes a long time to load.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling VFX Central, and also Chaseplane to see if that would fix the problem and the problem is still there. I am using Windows 10. Not sure what is going on. Prior to beta 0.4.40 chaseplane worked, although it still took an awful long time to load up. I never experienced such a long loading time with VFX Central and or CP before. I don't exactly recall as to when this long loading problem started but I estimate maybe 2 months ago.

IMG_8424.jpg

I added a few lines to ChasePlane 0.4.41 to generate a log file before the crash. Can you send me that log at the address mentioned at the top of the log file?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I just spent another 20+ minutes trying to update. But It's stuck in 0.4.40 still. I restarted Windows, launched chaseplane, let it sit there to load up, it couldn't even update because it will crash with the WMIError. :( Why is it taking so long to load? My SSD/HHD light is constantly on, it's not even blinking. So it's some kind of disk activity going on. But when looking at the task manager, it shows 0% usage for DISK. But when I load other apps such as Google Chrome, or Photoshop, or open up other games, it loads up fine. No slow downs at all. This seems to only happen when I launch Chaseplane or VFX Central where it takes forever.

Dear Mr. Vinci,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issue with our software.

The error number you are seeing mean that a component of your Windows System is in trouble (WMI). This can be caused by a reinstall of Windows by copying old system files manually or simply by a bad update of Windows.

Try to reinstall the Dot Net Framework and try this utility to fix and rebuild your WMI. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff404265.aspx

This links may also help you fix the issue:

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/repairwmi.htm

http://community.spiceworks.com/topic/336348-wmi-registration-failure

Keep me informed,

Michael

Tried that as well and it did not fix my problem at all. How can I update to version 0.4.41 so that I can show Kevin the logs? Everytime I launch Chaseplane, it quits with the WMIError before it can even update itself. Chaseplane was working fine in the previous experimental version under 0.3.16.

5 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

I added a few lines to ChasePlane 0.4.41 to generate a log file before the crash. Can you send me that log at the address mentioned at the top of the log file?

Kevin, you got mail.

I hope that you'll be able to fix the problem as to why it always seem to hang at the checking computer id part... it can take anywhere from 10-20+ minutes for it to finish.

From the log it seems to be an error while getting data from your CPU. Mike is a pro at this, he'll get back to you shortly.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Okay, thanks Kevin.

11 hours ago, Michael VN said:

Dear Mr. Vinci,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issue with our software.

The error number you are seeing mean that a component of your Windows System is in trouble (WMI). This can be caused by a reinstall of Windows by copying old system files manually or simply by a bad update of Windows.

Try to reinstall the Dot Net Framework and try this utility to fix and rebuild your WMI. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff404265.aspx

This links may also help you fix the issue:

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/repairwmi.htm

http://community.spiceworks.com/topic/336348-wmi-registration-failure

Keep me informed,

Michael

I ran the WMIDiag 2.2 script and it popped up a window at the end saying...

ERROR: WMIDiag detected issues that could prevent WMI to work properly!.  Check 'C:\USERS\X\APPDATA\LOCAL\TEMP\WMIDIAG-V2.2_WIN8.1_.CLI.RTM.64_PCNAME_2017.11.16_05.35.40.LOG' for details.
31222 05:56:17 (0) ** 
31223 05:56:17 (0) ** WMIDiag v2.2 ended on Thursday, November 16, 2017 at 05:56 (W:172 E:67 S:1).

@captain420 Did you tried what i suggested? Your WMI database is corrupted/damaged and need to be rebuilded. If you need assistance contact us via email and I can offer a teamviewer session to help you repair your Windows's WMI database.

Regards,