Sign in to follow this  
DatJarDoh

Dynamic Lighting doesn't show up

Hello all,

My dynamic lighting for P3Dv4 doesn't work, despite it being enabled. Anyone have any idea why? I've tried reinstalling all my add-ons and P3D it's self but to no avail.

Thanks for the help.

26 minutes ago, DatJarDoh said:

Hello all,

My dynamic lighting for P3Dv4 doesn't work, despite it being enabled. Anyone have any idea why? I've tried reinstalling all my add-ons and P3D it's self but to no avail.

Thanks for the help.

When you say doesn't work, can you be more specific? What doesn't work? Airport lights or landing lights? What sceneries? What planes? Etc.

Simbol 

All my PMDG addons don't work. As for airport dynamic lighting, I dont have any addons that have that.

1 minute ago, simbol said:

When you say doesn't work, can you be more specific? What doesn't work? Airport lights or landing lights? What sceneries? What planes? Etc.

Simbol 

Just now, DatJarDoh said:

All my PMDG addons don't work. As for airport dynamic lighting, I dont have any addons that have that.

Ok, just to discard is DL or other issues.

Do the the AI planes taxi and landing lights illuminate the runway and tarmac?

Simbol 

Just now, simbol said:

Ok, just to discard is DL or other issues.

Do the the AI planes taxi and landing lights illuminate the runway and tarmac?

Simbol 

They don't but I think that's just due to them being from FS9

1 hour ago, simbol said:

Another idea, load the default F22, the landing lights work?

It doesn't work with any of the default planes either. Just tried it with the FSL A320 and it doesn't work for that aswell.

9 minutes ago, DatJarDoh said:

It doesn't work with any of the default planes either. Just tried it with the FSL A320 and it doesn't work for that aswell.

There is also an option that says landing lights illuminate runway do you have that enabled?

If that doesn't solve it, try deleting the PD3 config file and shaders to see.

I am going to bed, we can follow up tomorrow.

Simbol 

1 minute ago, simbol said:

There is also an option that says landing lights illuminate runway do you have that enabled?

Simbol 

I have that enabled, I've tried deleting the config files but where are the shaders located? Also thank you so much for the help so far!

The shaders are under AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders\ you can delete everything in that folder, shaders will get rebuilt when you launch the sim.

One more thing you can try if it still doesn't work is to check "Enable Content Error Reporting".

6dee58149fa9fca8735d0850f64966bf.png

When closing the sim it'll create a log file in your documents\Prepar3D v4 Files\ called ContentErrors.txt. If any of the errors listed in that file reference a shader file (which are .fx or .fxh files) then you might have some corrupted files in your install and might need to re-install the P3D client.

1 hour ago, LB777 said:

The shaders are under AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders\ you can delete everything in that folder, shaders will get rebuilt when you launch the sim.

One more thing you can try if it still doesn't work is to check "Enable Content Error Reporting".

6dee58149fa9fca8735d0850f64966bf.png

When closing the sim it'll create a log file in your documents/Prepar3D v4 Files called ContentErrors.txt. If any of the errors listed in that file reference a shader file (which are .fx or .fxh files) then you might have some corrupted files in your install and might need to re-install the P3D client.

2 hours ago, simbol said:

Simbol 

Here's what was in the ContentErrors.txt

[error.0]
error=Texture #sunglow.bmp failed to load (FE_REQUEST_STATUS==13)

[error.1]
error=Payload station indexes should be between 1 - Number of Stations

[error.2]

[error.3]

[error.4]

That goes on until [error.999]. However, I did find this in the middle of it:

[error.481]
error=Texture #sunflare2.bmp failed to load (FE_REQUEST_STATUS==13)

[error.482]
error=Texture #sunflare3.bmp failed to load (FE_REQUEST_STATUS==13)

[error.483]
error=Texture #sunflare4.bmp failed to load (FE_REQUEST_STATUS==13)

[error.484]
error=Texture #sunflare1.bmp failed to load (FE_REQUEST_STATUS==13)

Nah none of this should be a problem, if you had an issue you'd see something like

[error.43]
error=Shader cache failed to compile or create shader. source-file:...

As I mentioned you could try and just repair P3D Client, you might get lucky and that fixes it... but other than a problem with shaders I don't really see what it could be unfortunately.

4 minutes ago, LB777 said:

Nah none of this should be a problem, if you had an issue you'd see something like

[error.43]
error=Shader cache failed to compile or create shader. source-file:...

As I mentioned you could try and just repair P3D Client, you might get lucky and that fixes it... but other than a problem with shaders I don't really see what it could be unfortunately.

Do you know what Ultimate Realism Pack is? If you have that installed, do you have the same issue as me?